Get a sneak peek of Lamar Odom's reality TV show

As if the Lakers' soap opera isn't enough -- with the team's peaks and valleys, Phil Jackson's zingers, Kobe Bryant's heroics and Ron Artest's goofiness -- there's another show that might feature equally riveting storylines.

It's "Khloe & Lamar" featuring -- you guessed it -- Lakers forward Lamar Odom and wife Khloe Kardashian. After they filmed the eight-episode series earlier this winter, E! plans to debut the show sometime in April, meaning there will be plenty of footage from the show that Jackson can edit together in his film sessions during the playoffs.

Details remain fairly vague about the show itself, other than Khloe blogging on her website that her brother Rob will be featured in a lot of the episodes and that the show will be like a sitcom. Rob also told People that Odom and Kardashian are hoping to have children soon. And the trailer below shows Odom and Kardashian in various sequences playfully wrestling, tickling each other and playing basketball together. Yep. The Lakers will have plenty of material to tease Odom about beyond his unisex fragrance commercial.

Twitter.com/latmedina

E-mail the Lakers blog at mgmedin@gmail.com

For the record: An earlier version of this post said that the "Khloe & Lamar" show was filmed earlier this spring. It was filmed this winter.

You said "After they filmed the eight-episode series earlier this spring"...I hate to be the one to break the news to you but....it's not spring yet. Spring officially starts on March 20th.

I'm not at all interested in the so-called 'reality' show but, it does seem as if they are happy with each other and that's really all that matters.

~

Hope the guys can keep the win streak goin' and get a lil revenge tomorrow against the Cats.

~

@LRob: Yeah, ya can't go wrong with DB, and it seems you have quite a few 'homeys' who have left their mark on the music industry. :-)

~

Since I saw that we have a few Anita Baker fans up in here, for today's musical contribution howz about a duet. Enjoy!

~

Let's go Ls...all the way to a 3-peat!!!!!

LRob first of all Tayshawn shut Kobe down. Kobe went in the corners and with Prince long arms he stymied Kobe. When Miami faced Dectroit Stan Van gundy had DWade attacked Prince from the top of the key. Secondly I am 40 years old and I watched when Jordan had to faced the Bad Boys from Detroit. The 2004 Pistons were good but they were no Bad Boys. You see how the league calls flagrant 1 and 2 today for incidental contact. THe Bad Boys used to try and take Jordan's head off. There were no flagrant fouls and the refs hardly used to blow their whistles because the bad boys were good marketing for the nba at the time. Trust me Detroit had brutes in Bill Laimbeer, Rick mahorn and Rodman. Jordan prevailing against them was no easy task. Jordan took a physical beating. Jordan was stronger than kobe because kobe can hardly keep the ball now without turning it over. Jordan had to keep the ball against persons who would have been charged with assault on the street. Then after jordan vanquished the bad boys he later had to face the brutal knicks. They had guys like Oakley and mason. They were not the type of guys you would like to meet in a dark alley LRob. Know your basketball history. Kobe is great but the league is a soft boy league now. You remeber mchale with the lariat of Kurt Rambis. Or rambis with the lariat of anny ainge. They were common fouls annd with no ejectioons.

Posted by: island priest | March 02, 2011 at 05:14 PM
----------------------
Island priest,

First, I agree Jordan was stronger than Kobe. Secondly, I never said Kobe was better than MJ. Thirdly, I never said the 2004 Pistons or current teams were more physical or dirtier than the Bad Boy Pistons, 80’s Celtics or early 90’s Knicks. So none of that is relevant to this conversation. I said Jordan never faced a team in the finals that was as stingy as the 2004 Pistons.

Here’s my proof:

The 2004 Pistons gave up 84.3 ppg. By comparison the lowest total given up by a team Jordan faced was Utah’s 1997 team at 94.3 ppg. And you tell me to know my basketball history. Go figure.

Since you brought up the Bad Boy Pistons let’s compare the 2004 Pistons vs. The Pistons team MJ faced in 89-91

2004 Pistons opponents 84.3 ppg/.413 fg%
1991 Pistons opponents 96.8 ppg/.453 fg%
1990 Pistons opponents 98.8 ppg/.447 fg%
1989 Pistons opponents 100.8 ppg/.447 fg%

So, I ask you again which team do you think it was harder to score on? Okay I’ll even throw in the thuggish Knicks that MJ faced in the early 90’s (even though they had nothing to do with the topic of the finals)...

2004 Pistons opponents 84.3 ppg/.413 fg%
1992 Knicks opponents 97.7 ppg/.458 fg%
1993 Knicks opponents 95.4 ppg/.426 fg%

You say know my history. I tell you that the 2004 Pistons held five straight teams to UNDER 70pts! That was a record in the modern era. When do you think that record will be broken?

3/4/2004 Portland 68pts
3/6/2004 Denver 66pts
3/7/2004 Seattle 65pts
3/10/2004 Chicago 65pts
3/14/2004 Philly 69pts
3/18/2004 NJ 71pts (I watched Jkidd and company celebrate when they exceeded 70pts)

Fact: The Bad Boys Pistons were a great defensive team. The best in the league during their championship run. But their defense was not stingier than the 2004 Pistons!

Opinion: Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace were the best starting PF/C defensive tandem I can recall seeing as far as mobility and help defense. They were not brutal or super physical like Laimbeer or Mahorn, but much better defensively in shutting down the lane to take a charge or block a shot. When Rodman/Salley were teamed together they were similar to Ben/Sheed.

If you have any FACTS to show Jordan faced a team stingier defensively than the 2004 Pistons in the finals please share them.

Island priest,

I referenced the Pistons holding 5 straight opponents under 70 pts in 2004. Here's the article from when NJ scored 71pts to snap their streak.

Excerpt

The Detroit Pistons' five-game sub-70 streak came to an end, though the New Jersey Nets went a bit overboard to halt it.

The Nets committed an intentional foul to stop the clock with 13.1 seconds left, and Aaron Williams made a tip-in with 1.1 seconds remaining in an 89-71 loss to the Pistons on Thursday night.

Williams pumped his fist after he scored.

"Maybe that was bigger to them than winning the game. That's what it seemed like to us," Rasheed Wallace said. "They were down there cheering, so hey, let them worry about that. We got what we came for."

The Pistons' sub-70 streak was unprecedented in league history, as no team had ever done it three times, much less five.

It looks like they're happy. And LO is playing some of his best ball so I'm happy for him. I'm sure my wifey will watch and keep me updated with anything Laker related.

GDUB,

I haven't heard that one in a while. Sounds as good as ever...and a timeless message.

GDUB,

Make it two, I'm not for a show too but I go for real people who have real problems like those teenage Libyans, Egyptians and Tunisians yearning to be free and have been exposed to politics all their lives. Nobody is following them but their problems are real, it is a survival on a daily basis.

Every era has his own fad, perhaps there is money in this endeavor. With all the preparation, attention and so forth, in going on reality TV, I just have the opinion it could be a distraction to a professional player with a mission. If you were Blake Griffin or Kevin Love whose team will not be in WCF, there is nothing to distract because their teams have already been destructed from the onset. lol!

I think I'm going to be sick

Open Letter to Sonny (Closeted Lakers Fan) Belfast, written as a poem:

Sonny, thy wrath lie in histrionics,
Thy Kings in colonics,
And good is as good does,
Even in sonnets.

Conjunction junction, what is thy function?
When Sonny writes,
The form lacks unction.
What else can I expect
From a troll with gumption?

Your fate was cast
During seconds last
When a noble man named Horry
Stole your glory

Your hopes were dashed,
Teeth broken, cheeks gnashed.
Nothing left to do but bash
The thief of your dreams.

So troll you will, thine words to spill,
You'll choke forever on your bitter pill.
If we ever shall meet,
I'll share my swill,
For even fools have thirst to slake.

Go Lake Show!

THE 27 COMMANDMENTS

1. Thou shall not post under multiple handles.
2. Thou shall not criticize any member of the 27.
3. Thou shall not take the name of Phil Jackson, Luke Walton, or Derek Fisher in vain.
4. Thou shall not mention Paula Gasoft, Lamar Odumb, or Andrew Bynumb.
5. Thou shall check-in for game day Roll Call.
6. Thou shall participate in Live-Chat.
7. Thou shall call any blogger a Troll if not a member of the 27.
8. Thou shall alert the moderator of any disapproving Troll comment.
9. Thou shall avoid conversations with Trolls whenever possible.
10. Thou shall not covet any Troll comment.
11. Thou shall rebuke all trade suggestions till a trade is actually made then embrace it.
12. Thou shall watch every episode of a reality TV show featuring any Laker.

Posted by: Regular Season Police | March 02, 2011 at 09:45 PM

13. Thou shall send personal emails to LA Times sports glorified typist MM when thy shall want someone Banished

Posted by: Regular Season Police | March 02, 2011 at 09:45 PM

is there a list of GANG of 27?

Similar to:

The Gang of Four (simplified Chinese: 四人帮; traditional Chinese: 四人幫; pinyin: Sìrén bāng) was the name given to a political faction composed of four Chinese Communist Party officials. They came to prominence during the Cultural Revolution (1966–76) and were subsequently charged with a series of treasonous crimes. The members consisted of Jiang Qing, Mao Zedong's last wife as the leading figure of the group, and her close associates Zhang Chunqiao, Yao Wenyuan, and Wang Hongwen.

The Gang of Four effectively controlled the power organs of the Communist Party of China through the latter stages of the Cultural Revolution, although it remains unclear which major decisions were made through Mao Zedong and carried out by the Gang, and which were the result of the Gang of Four's own planning. The Gang of Four, together with disgraced Communist general Lin Biao, were labeled the two major "counter-revolutionary forces" of the Cultural Revolution and officially blamed by the Chinese government for the worst excesses of the societal chaos that ensued during the ten years of turmoil. Their downfall in a coup d'état on October 6, 1976, a mere month after Mao's death, brought about major celebrations on the streets of Beijing and marked the end of a turbulent political era in China.

G Money - I already warned you about making personal attacks. I'm deleting your comments and you're banned

Nor Cal:

What are you smoking up there? I can see you can cut and paste from wikipedia though. Go read your "Little Red Book". and leave Laker blogging to those that think for themselves. "Wan anhn"

PJ at it again dissing Kobe for saying Artest runs triangle better than Kobe. But remember it is Kobe who carried the team on his back for many years. On the other hand Kobe was a punk for thowing towel in LO's face. Cheap real cheap shot.

Atlanta + Kirk Hinrich beat Chicago. He's that big an improvement in their defense (Rose was 5-21, mostly guarded by Hinrich).

Kinda wish the Lakers could have picked up Hinrich, but they just didn't have the contracts to match his salary without giving up one or more core players.

The good news is that the loss by the Bulls did help the Lakers out. Now Chicago is only 1 game ahead of the Lakers in the loss column. And Chicago has two more games against the Hawks. (Hawks also play Miami twice and Boston and San Antonio once each, so maybe they could help the Lakers rise in the standings a bit).

The bad news is that the Lakers also play the Hawks next Tuesday in Atlanta.

Looks like Dallas has the easiest schedule going forward. Other than the Lakers twice and San Antonio once, they have no other games against the league's top teams.

San Antonio OTOH plays Miami twice, the Lakers twice, Dallas, Boston, and Atlanta. So there are opportunities for San Antonio to either slip up and slide within reach of the Lakers or to beat some of the teams the Lakers are competing with for seeding.

If I had to guess right now, I'd guess Lakers end up the 3 seed in the West, but ahead of Miami and Chicago, so only Boston would have HCA (if they won) over the Lakers for the finals.

LTLF,

Yeah, Hinrich would've been a heck of an addition to the team. I've always liked him ever since he played D-Wade very well when Shaq was in Miami. He's got a certain feistiness to him that would've re-energized our team.

But who cares about Chicago's record? Their chances of making it out of the East are very slim. Maybe they can beat Orlando, but I can't see them getting past Boston or Miami in a 7 game series.

On the other hand Kobe was a punk for thowing towel in LO's face. Cheap real cheap shot.Justa, That is Kobe way of telling Lamar you got to make those free throws.

WHAT IS THIS ISH????

Sidenote: I live in Detroit, watched and avidly rooted against both the 2004 and Bad Boy Pistons (except when they played Boston :-) . I know Rick Mahorn and have hooped with him. So, I know a lil about bball history.Posted by: LRob | March 02, 2011 at 08:05 PM
GET DOWN WITH YOUR BAD SELF LROB!!!
Yes Folks, I think LRob knows of which he speaks!!!

Oh by the way, PURPLENGOLD IN VEGAS, WELCOME TO THE LAKERS BLOG & LAKERS NATION!!! Carry On. You know she is right there in that race with MARI G. for the MOST BEAUTIFUL BEING IN CREATION!!!

In fact PurpleNGold In Vegas, you are...The Perfect Angel:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPxr7ULFCKY

I like a lot of things about LO. His descent into the garbage dump of reality TV is not one of them. Posted by: Tom Daniels | March 03, 2011 at 06:08 AM
Don't be shy Tom Daniels...Just say what you mean! LOL!! I agree whole heartedly my brother!!

MM, is it possible to delete that particular post of G Money that has personal attacks than completely banning the poster? Although, he is a fan of the Heat, he could be asked to refine his posting in form of requests and a little moderation. On this regard, I would borrow the style of LRob on the way he deals with fellow bloggers during debates or in his responses. As you have read yesterday the decision of the highest court in protecting "free speech", they sided with these protesters during funerals. On on a first glance, it is undeniably unreasonable decision, yet the court sided stressed the high bar of the first amendment. I think there is also a hope on wayward posters in the Lakers Blog if we try to implement some sort of self discipline and your frequent involvement in moderating some things that you don't agree. Banning should be the last resort when an aggravating circumstances demands it. It should be used as a shield to trolls and the like. thank you

Posted by: Ross Snyder Park | March 03, 2011 at 04:29 AM

==============
Ross,
You could say that but Kobe has missed clutch free throws and is becoming a turn over machine. Truth not an insult as he still is the best. But maybe he needs a towel thrown in his face after a few bad plays.

Erratum on the last sentence of my post on the last sentence: It should NOT be used as a shield to trolls and the like.

REALITY TV and a decline of an American society/culture. Decline in education level and welcome to age of darkness!!

SOUNDS LIKE A VERY IMPORTANT DOCUMENT from the Congress:

Posted by: Edwin Gueco | March 03, 2011 at 07:11 AM

Posted by: Justa (formerly JustaLakerFan) | March 02, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Not dissing but a true statement! Truth hurts!

Edwin

This blog is it's own country having its own laws, the US constitution has no influence where deletions and banishments are concerned.
This has been proven over and over again and only an act of God can change it.

Paul: Stilgar, do we have wormsign?
Stilgar: Usul, we have wormsign the likes of which even God has never seen.

Hello,

Police here; Kobe throwing towel at LO is NOT cool at all whichever way you want to spin it. He without sin, cast the first stone right?

The PSP wonder what would happen if umm say Theo Ratliff threw a towel in Mamba's face after a turnover ( which he is getting a lot of these days). I bet we'd be getting another 'ship his a$$ out' video.

Anyway the PSP still love you Kobe but just like 'Shaq did it too', this violates the code.

Thanks
PSP Solution Architect

Posted by: Practice Season Police | March 03, 2011 at 08:24 AM

THAT IS WHY KOBE IS NOT A GREAT LEADER BUT A BIG TIME JERK!!

kobe's hand strength and finger problems are becoming more apparent, since he gets no love from the refs, and shouldn't expect to, more teams are having players slashing at kobe's hands , hoping to pop the ball out. guess what? it seems to work

lance from da' bronx

You seent the video? The PSP don't think Lameezy was asking for a towel. Even if he was, that's no way to give a teammate a towel. If Lebron had done the same thing, we would have crucified him by now.

Btw, the PSP agree that it does not necessarily make him a jerk just commenting on what my two naked eyes seent. Uwa di egwu!

Thanks
PSP Intern

this is their business. a little knowledge is dangerous

Posted by: lance from da' bronx | March 03, 2011 at 08:35 AM

if the enactment is public then yes it is offensive to viewers thus open to scrutiny.

Good Morning Laker Nation,

It is me or does it look like Boston has no direction with all their lineup changes? Since the deadline they’ve added Green, Murphy, Krstic and Pavlovic. They also tried to get Brewer to no avail. It’s almost like a zany chef experimenting and mixing different ingredients in the gumbo or I guess the chowder in their case. Very interesting, but I’ll take the proven recipe of the Lakers.

Posted by: LRob | March 03, 2011 at 08:42 AM

Sometimes a change is good and we will find out come playoffs!! The jury is out!

Can someone please publish the gang of 27 listing?

"i don't think throwing a towel at lo's face means kobe is a jerk any more than it means that lo asked for a towel. this is their business. a little knowledge is dangerous

Posted by: lance from da' bronx | March 03, 2011 at 08:35 AM "

They have several towel boys though. I've never seen an NBA player get up to get another player water, towels, etc. Lamar didn't appear upset about the exchange but it did look like Kobe was trying to give him some ummm "constructive" criticism.

Posted by: Norcal | March 03, 2011 at 08:47 AM
-----------------------
Boston only have five players...albeit five of the top six players...still on the roster from season. I was trying to remember if any other team that lost in the finals and was attempting to compete for the title in the following year ever had such a radical roster change and I couldn't think of any. (obviously teams like the 2004 Lakers that were totally rebuilding doesn't count).

Any the jury is still out indeed. We shall see. Are you endorsing this roster overhaul?

oops. last line should've said, "anyway the jury is still out indeed".

Edwin - I had warned him multiple times already though. It'd be different if this was the first time

LRob certainly raised some very pertinent facts that have gone uncontested, simply because they can't be. It makes sense that people who consider themselves to be Lakers fans and had the privilege to watch both of these immortal players would look for reasons to support Kobe Bryant in this debate, not reasons to berate him.

I wonder why island priest didn't make those facts a part of ...

mm- Dude what are you talking about? What personal attacks on whom?

MM- "What's up with the FAT CHIC" is a one women play that I'm about to release in Vegas and Vancouver BC. Is this what your referring to?

Posted by: LRob | March 03, 2011 at 09:33 AM

No I am neutral, of course my allegiance lies with the P&G.

Kobe was trying to give him some ummm "constructive" criticism.

Posted by: Bay to LA | March 03, 2011 at 09:09 AM

Throwing a towel in someone's face is a poor example of leadership at best and one of the reasons Kobe has only ONE MVP to show for, go figure!!

He is lucky that he has D Fish to counter balance Kobe's inability as a leader!!

Posted by: LRob | March 03, 2011 at 09:33 AM

Only 5 of 6? Rondo - Allan - Pierce - Garnett - Shaq - JO - West - Baby ... other than Perk, thats our Top 8 at the begining of the season!

mm-Dude...send me post comments where you have warned ME.

Posted by: 131-92 | March 03, 2011 at 10:22 AM

131,

I was talking about from the previous season.

MM- If your talking about when you warned "Justa Hater", then yes you had. But G.Money is the softer side of the EGO, The side that LOVE'S EVERYONE...you know"It's all about the LOVE"

GO HEAT....why is the MODERATOR haten on the Heat? just like the Lakerholics.

I was talking about from the previous season.

Posted by: LRob | March 03, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Ok, fair enough but Rasheed retired and Daniels is out for the season. Perk began the season on the DL and we didnt know if/when he would be back so we added 2 bigs to replace those 2 bigs. Daniels went down for the year so he had to be replaced.

So its not like we had any choice but to replace injured or retired players. It wasnt totally an intentional overhaul but one that we were forced to do because of injuries and/or retirement.

Lakers had the same amount of changes. Barnes, Blake, Ebanks, Ratliff and Smith ... thats 50% turnover on a team that won the Title.

Reality TV is the Devil.

It's put a jetpack on the back of America's decent into Idiocracy.

Stupid, lame, voyeuristic drivel for mouthbreathers.

I do not watch Reality TV because I'm not a mouthbreather.

Maybe Kobe is a jerk for throwing the towel, but Lamar needs to make those shots, that is what he gets paid for. Also, I don't think any of us Laker fans will be complaining when LO finally gets the point and picks up his game come playoffs.

Jon K.

Isn't the N.B.A. a form of reality television in itself?

Lamar didn't seem to take offense so why is everyone else?

@visalus:

I'd even say it's reality TV at it's best. At least there is actual and entertaining reality in it as oppossed to those Jersey Shore knuckleheads and dozens of other crap shows like it. That said, its LO and Klhoe. Gotta be better than watching someone called The Situation, right?

How lame is is to ban an account here when a person can just go make another one and continue posting ? Mark is so scary.

About as lame as a troll making a new account just to talk $#!t and troll. How about that?