Lakers' Bryant, Gasol would be All-Star starters based on current voting

Kobe Bryant has the most votes in the Western Conference, which is hardly a surprise, but Lakers teammate Pau Gasol would also be voted in as a starter if the voting ended Thursday.

The voting doesn't end for another five weeks, but Bryant leads the NBA with almost 723,000 votes and Gasol has almost 391,000 votes, trailing only Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant (471,000) among West forwards.

Gasol has a slight lead over Denver forward Carmelo Anthony (370,000 votes). Clippers forward Blake Griffin is sixth with 245,000 votes and Lakers forward Lamar Odom is seventh with 134,594 votes.

Lakers center Andrew Bynum has 198,000 votes, a distant second to Yao Ming (431,000) among West centers.

New Orleans guard Chris Paul is second among West guards, comfortably ahead of San Antonio's Manu Ginobili.

The current starters for the East would be Miami forward LeBron James, Boston forward Kevin Garnett, Miami guard Dwyane Wade, Boston guard Rajon Rondo and Orlando center Dwight Howard.

Voting ends Jan. 23. The All-Star Game is Feb. 20 at Staples Center.

-- Mike Bresnahan

Yao Ming, Drew Bynum, Noah and Oden should play in Disabled All Star Game Fantasy video.

Gasol, an All Star he should thank Drew for it. He became the Center in the first 24 games, and when his playing curve on its way down, Drew came to rescue. Pau revived his court prowess after getting a little rest and less attention from hackers in the low post.

I also noticed in their offense, Kobe slowed down offense instead go for the open man while reading and reacting to double teams. Artest finally got the ball at the low post wide open. LO became a slasher since they focus now on Kobe, Pau and Drew. They are perfecting this offense for the Christmas Day match up.

Drew can be a starter in the ALLSTAR game, Wow...what a bunch of CRAP. Yao will not be healthy enough to ...say walk.

If (a big if) Kobe/Pau/Lamar and Wade/Lebron/Bosh all make the all-star team, they could all potentially be on the court at the same time for a rematch of the Christmas game. That would an entertaining all star game.

You know, I understand the votes for West forward, but seriously, how can you NOT vote for Lamar? He's got to be, hands down, the toughest match-up of ANY player in the whole league. Size, quickness, length, inside game, outside game...you name it, he's got it. Including, one might add, the Kardashian cup(s).

Jeez, it's time. Lamar belongs on the All-Star team.

What really would be nice is when Drew is playing at a high enough level where Phil will have a tough decision which two (Pau, LO, Drew) close out the game.

Posted by: LRob | December 16, 2010 at 06:59 AM

Don't think that is much of a decision no matter how well Drew is playing. The answer is Pau (of course) and LO without a doubt.

Posted by: NBA4ever | December 16, 2010 at 09:52 AM
----------------------------

NBA4ever - It doesn't bode well for the Lakers if that day never comes.

@Rob – Thanks for posting the Artest article in the Indy Star….I think it’s time for Ron Ron to move on. He’s apologized countless times to Larry Bird, his former teammates, the Pacer organization and all their fans. Whether they chose to accept his apology is on them.

@63 Footer – The Dave Clark 5 – cool. Is it just me or does Top of the Pops appear to have more stuff on You Tube than American Bandstand…hmmm.

He should change his name to Lamar Ming. He would get a lot mroe votes that way. And it has a sort of nice ring to it.

Dear Stalker AKA Kobe888,

I asked you weeks ago to stop addressing me, but you continue to stalk me. Just leave me alone already. I don't want any more drama, or mean spirited discussions, and any more name calling, which you seem to be attracted to. So again, do not ever talk to me again or I will ask the courts for a retraining order.

Posted by: LAKER TRUTH | December 16, 2010 at 10:39 AM
=====

Go for it! You opened the door a couple of days ago with a nasty, vitriolic post directed me, so if you think I'm going to back down from your insults, you have another thing coming. You and your posse instigate this stuff with your anti-Lakers rhetoric anyway. We are supposed to be Lakers fans in here, so I will defend the players who have delivered us nothing but glory for the past two seasons as I so choose. If that means responding to the posts bashing Bynum, Fish, Gasol, Luke or whomever, it is not only my prerogative, but it's the RIGHT thing to do.

Besides, why would I abide by any of YOUR requests anyway when they are mean-spirited by their very nature? I guess we have a very different definition of mean-spirited, don't we? You and the Half-Empty Club pride yourselves in trashing the team, so be ready for someone to ridicule your idea of fandom. Your criticisms cross the line. You think your acknowledgment of yellofever's MEAN-SPIRITED post directed at Derek Fisher doesn't qualify as bashing? It was an unnecessary rip of a player who is donning FIVE rings and who has played a significant role in the last two, in particular, and that you ratified by your conduct. Not that he needs it, but I will always have D-Fish's back against unappreciative "fans" like you and yellofever. So if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Um, we're winning and looking really good right now.

Can't we all just get along.

Andrew Bynum.

Luke Walton.

Controversy.

Continue.

Oh I forgot, Derek Fisher.

Have at 'em.

Can someone send me the link to the Chatango room? I don't have the link here at work.

My e-mail is fonjoc@cox.net

Thanks.

htj - why not toss out:

Who's better? MJ or Kobe?

or the ever-popular:

Magic or Bird?

(Make sure to wear your riot gear)

Justa, that's just plain mean.

I like it

KobeMVP888,

In regards to Shaq you wrote:

Hobbitmage

Answer: because he knew what it took to win championships.

my response: Actually, no he didn't. In this century, the Lakers
have won 5 championships and been to the finals 7 times. Of those
7 times, Kobe Bryant has been there 7 times. Of the 5 championships,
Kobe has been there 5 times.

Of the 7 visits, Shaq was there for 4. Of the 5 championships Shaq was
there for 3.

Given the "Hack-a-Shaq" defensive philosophy, & his continued lack of
skill in shooting free-throws, his failure to win a championship with LBJ,
[ win a ring for the king, sound familiar? ], & his riding on the coattails of
D-Wade for win number 4 ... history doesn't support your statement.
Of course, historical facts mean nothing to you do they?

Posted by: hobbitmage | December 16, 2010 at 10:41 AM
=====

Finally, you are questioning my understanding of NBA history? In addition to being a close fan of the game since 1968, I just finished reading: 1) The Breaks of the Game by David Halberstam, 2) Jerry West: the Life and Legend of a Basketball Icon by Roland Lazenby, 3) Loose Balls, The Short Wild Life of the American Basketball Association by Terry Pluto, and 4) The Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball History by FreeDarko Press. I highly recommend all of them to those who enjoy NBA history.

I feel quite comfortable about my knowledge of NBA "facts" as you like to call them.

LLT! I never said I was nice....

wait a minute, the lakers get their mojo back, we see a glimpse of things to come that we haven't seen in months and some people are acting like this. this has nothing to do about lakerball, it has nothing to do about any of this. what it does have to do with is not knowing that as adult human beings we ARE SUPPOSED to learn how to disagree with out being dissagreeable. this is NOT some macho pissing contest GROW UP!!!

Justa - we all know it's Magic. Other than a handful of Boston homers and revisionist history sports writers, who's even putting Bird in their top 10 all time?

I hate that pale, pasty, plodding (sounds like Luke, doesn't it?), bad mustachioed hillbilly douchebag bird. I put him in my top-ten overrated all-time team. He's the eminem of the NBA. You know what I'm talking about.

As for Kobe/MJ, let's talk after the playoffs, know what I mean?

BIG bummer on Yao Ming with another stress fracture. This was far from unexpected, of course, but a bummer nevertheless. He's such a class act. We have probably seen the last of him.

The rumor is Brendan Haywood for Kevin Martin. Why Houston would want to help the Mavs in exchange for a stiff is beyond me, especially being crosstown rivals. Perhaps their mutual hatred for the Lakers exceeds their rivalry. I'll be surprised if that happens.

WHAT???? LUKE ISN'T EVEN IN THE TOP 10 IN ALL-STAR BALLOTING?!@??!?!

It's a travesty.

A mockery of a sham of a travesty, I tell you.

I demand a recount.

Oh, and how will they handle it if Sasha wins from the Western Conference ballots? Would he start ahead of Wade for the East? Is that how it would work?

:-)

Sasha will play tonight. Avery Johnson described him as "...a proven NBA player, a two-time champion with the Lakers and an annoyance to the opposition."

We'll see what Avery's calling him after a few games. :-)

htj - well you just had to go and stir up a great big boiling pile of crap, didn't you? LOL!!!!

Let the games begin....

Posted by: lance from da' bronx | December 16, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Lance, how does bashing and mocking Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and Luke Walton on a regular basis qualify as discussing "lakerball"? Sorry man, but real Lakers fans don't sit back and ignore this garbage, we defend the team. There is nothing agreeable with those bloggers except among themselves.

LTLF - I'm with Avery on the annoyance part

Where's Duncan this year in the All-Star balloting? Figure he'd be up there with San Antone's hot start, but I guess people are kinda over him.

Can't count out the Spurs, but I figure they'll come back down to earth any day now. I'm more interested in the next big win streak by the Purple n' Gold anyway.

justa, you're a baaaad girl...and if we ever share ice-cold vodka shots together while watching our Lakers (you know, we each down a shot every time Luke dunks), I promise I'll spank you.

Seriously, it's like Thanksgiving all over again and you're egging on "the kids' table" to start another food fight.

LTLF,

With Anthony Morrow out with injuries, Farmar has been announced as the starting SG. How hilarious would it be if Sasha starting playing well in NJ and takes over Farmar's starting gig at SG? Don't be surprised to hear a story about Farmar strangling Sasha in practice this season.

htj, I'm figuring the Spurs to start fading in another month or so, but watch out for the Mavs. They look for real now. Tyson Chandler has elevated them into a really serious contender that matches up very well against our Lakers. I don't buy that their previous lack of defense and late-game flame-outs will automatically reappear. We need to take these guys seriously.

CornerJ - I'm gonna let that slide, cuz I'm feeling magnanimous today. But you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

CornerJ - I'd still expect Dirk to disappear when times get tough, but Caron, Terry, and Kidd are guys who'll be able to step up in the clutch. We'll see if Chandler can stay healthy too.

I don't even think much about the Mavs because of their history of collapse and what I think is a vendetta by the Stern gang against Mark Cuban, but you never know, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Does anyone have Fisher in their fantasy team?
Posted by: Magia32 | December 16, 2010 at 07:46 AM

does your fantasy team need veteran leadership from the bench?
does you league award bonus points for giving speeches or clutch shots?
does your league NOT count FG%, pts, rbs, assts, stls blks TO as categories?
is your league super deep like over 30+ team deep?
does your league have a big consolation prize for finishing in last place?
if you answered yes to at least 3 out of 5 then you have my stamp of approval

Posted by: yellofever | December 16, 2010 at 09:53 AM
---------------------------

MVP - You referenced this post as mean spirited....I actually found it quite humorous and mostly factual. I value what DFish does for the Lakers and was a strong advocate for resigning him (2yrs not 3yrs)...but I'm also in 3 Fantasy leagues and Fish game is not "fantasy" friendly unless you're in deep leagues of 14+. Currently in our Laker Blog fantasy league, which is filled which Laker fans, no one has him on their team.

According to Yahoo avg game ranking...Fish ranks 151. The standard league is 12 deep with 13 players per roster. So you can do the math and see where DFish slots.

The one stat I would take exception with Fever is steals. Fish avg 1.4 stls per game which is an asset.

The All-Star voting is a joke.

The coaches and the players should vote. That's it.

What do we play for? RINGS!!!!

LRob and others; my musical retort to Fish as a fantasy player:

Listen to that guitar!

i guess this blog needs a new disclaimer:

IF ONE DOES NOT HAVE A SUGARCOATED OPINION ABOUT THE LAST NIGHT GAME, THE PLAYERS, THE COACHING STAFF AND THE FRONT OFFICE,

STOP POSTING

63,

Was that musical retort to Fish really from 1977?
Wasn't that Fish's rookie year and when he was an all-star?
Hey, the title of the song must make it so.

@ Corner J,

Our old friend Caron Butler has also pushed the Mavs into contention.

DBDH!

going back to the Armenian thing:

it will be interesting to know if there r any Armenians posting on this blog. they can change their screen name and it will be interesting to hear their opinion about Kobe/Turkish Airline as Lakers Fans

maybe the rich armenian that go to the game and never scream or clap, don't metter

as i said before: what Kobe and maybe the Lakers lost with the Armenian community, it will be double or triple gained with the Muslim one.

for the past 2 weeks, most of the Lakers game i watched through the Internet/streeming were through Al Jazeera TV.

I'm sure their sports commentators know about this news and will do special talks/interviews/polls and will see that soon the KOBE Brand retail in the Middle East and the rest of the Muslim world will go through the roof

BRILLIANT MOVE

KOBE HAS A BRILLIANT PR TEAM

such Player, Right Package!!!!!!!!!!

KobeMVP888,

you wrote: He didn't? You don't subscribe to Shaq's philosophy of win at home and win the ones you should win on the road? Fair enough. How do you explain the Lakers' success in the playoffs last season? It was pretty much that formula in the practice season. And now Shaq is a mere footnote in the 2000-02 three-peat because he's an a-hole? I agree with you that Kobe does not get the recognition he deserves for those championships, but there's no need to minimize Shaq's dominance either just because he's a lousy free throw shooter. During his prime, he was a DOMINANT player.

my response: No Shaq didn't. How do I know?

1. He got schooled when he was in Orlando.
2. He was not the primary reason why they won in Miami. It was D-Wade.
3. Based upon his inability to shoot free-throws he never sealed up the
obvious chink in his armour. Real champions fix those things don't they?

If he knew how to win, you'd think that being on a team with the best record
and with LBJ winning back to back MVP's ... that the Cavs would have won
last year instead of getting punk'd by the Celtics.

This philosophy: You don't subscribe to Shaq's philosophy of win at home and win the ones you should win on the road?

is a slacker's philosophy. All time champions hustle & play good/great
defense. Shaq doesn't. Examples: Bill Russell, MJ, Kobe Bryant, Kareem
Shaq didn't hustle and that's why the greats don't speak of him in reverant
terms.

How do I explain the Lakers playoff success last year? Easy. KOBE BRYANT!

If the Lakers had taken that philosophy last year, they would have lost to the
Celtics. Game 2, we lost. Game 3, we won. Do you think the Boston
Celtics have that same philosophy? I think you'd have a very hard time
ascribing that philosophy to the Celtics of the 60's/70's or the showtime Lakers
or the 90's bulls.

This is a winning philosophy: "I am going to crush you. I'll crush you every
opportunity I get. I particularly like to crush you in front of your fans, your
wife & your kids. I won't be satisfied until I hold your beating heart in my
hand. And, I won't stop crushing you until the day AFTER I stop playing! "

No, Shaq is not a foot-note in those championships. I never said he was.
What I said, was that he's not the one I would look to when trying to establish
a philosophy that works. Why? Because he hasn't been successful in the
other locations he's gone to! Your choosing to side with a fat boy who was
ultimately shown the door by Dr. Buss merely illuminates the fact that you
deal in cliches instead of reality.

Here are the historical facts:

Shaq got the finals MVP in 3 championships.
Shaq was the most dominant center playing in the early 2000's.
Shaq was incapable of closing out the games because he was, is and will
always be a crappy free-throw shooter.
Kobe covered up for a multitude of Shaq's sins.
The Lakers chose to keep Kobe over Shaq.
The Lakers, with Kobe running the show, have been to 3 championships in
a row.
The Lakers, with Kobe on the team, have won 5 out of 7 championships.
Kobe has two finals MVP trophies.

Classy winners, don't throw their former teams/teammates under the bus.
Winners come into the season in shape instead of getting into shape on
company time.
Winners are focused on the important things not making bad movies and bad
rap music.

I'm glad that you've read a lot of books. When does all of that *head* knowledge
actually translate to something useful?

Seriously. Why would you choose to pick the words of a clown over the words
of others?

Let's make sure we see this in the proper light:

Shaq has had the dubious distinction of being traded away from:

Anfernee Hardaway
Kobe Bryant
Steve Nash & Amar'e Stoudemire
D-Wade

While he was not traded away from the Cavs, he couldn't help LBJ get
past the Celtics let alone win the championship.

You're telling me that he's played with 4 to 5 HOF players and this is it?
He's reduced to a large clown in green?

and you'd prefer to follow the words of volunteer police man who got
FIRED, a person who played the part of a "statue" over someone who has
dedicated his entire life to being successful in the NBA?

Art - FL Laker Fan - you're thinkin' waaaaaay too much. It was simply an excuse to put up another great song. I guess I could have gone with this:

Yet another '77 fave.

Yao with the stress fracture! Man... I hate injuries. I feel for the guy.

let's see: another masterpiece of Jon K who is coward to post it here. he went to the renegade chat

"JonK: San Francisco tends to bring out the doucebag in people. I love the city, but it has a weird effect on people. It's an island... and people who stay their too long end up being like the kids in "Lord Of The Flies" but instead of sticking a kid to death, they end up becoming self-righteous, pseudo-intellectual liberal douces."

that 's coming from a real "wannabe" perennial Ph. D. applicant who plays the blue colar worker but is fired because he can't even clean up the urine in a bar. and i mean to clean up the cesspool in Akron, Ohio.

htj,

We need lots of vitamins before reading the blog. There is anemic show understanding of being civil and cordial with one another. The wedge is too wide to bridge the gap between two extremes. Just compare the type of conversations we used to have 5 years ago:

Don't you think the fans of 2010 should be more civilized, matured than the fans of 2005 who have a rag tag team. Can people not make any kind of criticisms without putting his handle on the line as a vitriolic, non conformist and a spoiled fan? What a change has been and all I wish are kinder posts, insightful yet not hateful in the coming year?

anotherthing regarding Kobe vs. Shaq ...

So ... Who's the most winningest coach in the NBA?

That would be Phil Jackson right?

Of the 11 championships, all 11 have had a superstar guard with a complete
game. Only 3 of them had a dominant C. That's not the point.

The point is ... Who sounds the most like Phil Jackson?

Kobe or Shaq?

"You don't subscribe to Shaq's philosophy of win at home and win the ones you should win on the road? Fair enough. How do you explain the Lakers' success in the playoffs last season? It was pretty much that formula in the practice season.
Posted by: KobeMVP888 | December 16, 2010 at 12:07 PM "

I'm still not on board with this. Like I pointed out before, the Lakers record against the teams they played in the playoffs was better in the "practice season" than it was in the playoffs.

You keep throwing this out there as if the Lakers were giving games away against teams knowing that they'll beat them in the postseason. Those statement games they lost were against teams they never had to play in the playoffs. If that is a trend the Lakers can continue, by all means they should do so but it isn't realistic.

Like I said, against Utah, Phoenix and Oklahoma City? The Lakers were 3-1 against each during the meaningless practice season and were heavily favored to beat each in the playoffs, especially with HCA. They didn't overcome any odds there.

Boston, they were 1-1 against, the one loss being a game Kobe didn't play in. Lakers eventually beat them 4-3 in a close game 7.

How do I explain the Lakers success last year? They were better than the 4 teams they played in the playoffs.

63 footer,

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!!!

@ hobbit,

Snaq was not traded away from Penny; O'Meal left via free agency. However, Penny's knees were traded away from him a couple of years later. Both exits were, shall we say, detrimental to Penny's NBA future.

Just sayin',

DBDH!

DBDH,

Thanks for the catch. :)

Bay to LA,

What a reasonable response to KobeMVP888. :)

hobbit - I think the "will to win" is very Old School, and one of the most intangible of traits in a player. That's why I've always considered Kobe a throwback: his "need" to win, his drive, his hatred of losing is very reminiscent of Jerry West's (Jerry would get sick when he lost, and hate himself even when they'd win - stat line on Jerry: 42 pts, 12 rebounds, 15 assists, and he'd still be angry at not doing more). Bill Russel had it in spades. Hondo, yup. It's my one knock against Wilt: he didn't seem to have enough of it (though it was totally there). Magic, smile and all, had it on steroids. Bird, I hate to say. And MJ's will may have been his strongest talent.

I see a lot of modern players without it. Oh, they "say" they want to win, but they'd rather party, or skip the real work in the off-season, or smile when they lose and shrug it off. Losing (to the Old School) = death. Nothing worse than losing. And wanting to be a billionaire? Jeeze, what does that have to do with basketball?

I don't want to get into the middle of this debate, but I understand the Old School "will to win," because that's how I was raised: you strive to be the best no matter what, or why are you doing it at all? (Note: this can lead to a lot of broken relationships and unhappiness, though.)

KOBEMVP888, i agree with you in that bashing laker players needs to be dealt with. it's just that it seems to me that a great deal of the bashing is done with the intent of causing anger and these people are not acting in good faith, they are NOT lakers fans and should be ignored like the bad smell they are!

hobbitmage

Jon K concluded that we r douchebags because we lived too long in San Francisco. what's your take on it? :-)

"Bay to LA,

What a reasonable response to KobeMVP888. :)

Posted by: hobbitmage | December 16, 2010 at 01:49 PM "

Thanks, I try to be reasonable. I see basketball as a big matchups game. Sometimes matching up with someone is more important than being better, per se.

Playoffs aren't really about who is stepping up or flipping the switch, so to speak. EVERYONE is going 100% in the playoffs. It's about getting good matchups (the whole point of trying to get the best record, so you can play the 8th team to start out), being healthy, and a little luck never hurts either.

@63 Footer - PFunk - well done. That live P-Funk album was something. I wonder if that was Eddie or Michael Hampton on the guitar....hmmm.

If though Eddie was the man, Michael was no slouch. Who said a Funk Band can't play Rock?

@ouch - I don't think posting what someone said in a private chat room is cool.

there will always be this battle of cultures, if you will. on one hand you have the new wave of players, who are more ego-driven. they will play hard when they have to, but everybody is just an extra in their movie, and it's all about them . in this group, shaq and a certain player now playing in turkey, i believe. on the other hand ,old school,"PUTTING IN THE WORK" in the gym after the season, it's what the black mamba and brown mamba have in common. the will to win becomes everything this is why we watch the lakers, and this is why shaq will always be "the BIG UNDERACHIEVER"

@ouch - I don't think posting what someone said in a private chat room is cool.

Posted by: LRob
===========

Echo echo.

That's a genuine example of a being a troll post, by definition of what a troll is.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

ouchhhhhhh,

you wrote: Jon K concluded that we r douchebags because we lived too long in San Francisco.

my response: You'd have to repost his words. That doesn't sound like something
he would say.

63 footer,

you wrote: I think the "will to win" is very Old School, and one of the most intangible of traits in a player.

my response: perhaps this is why they're not winning?

LRob - I think the original recording was Eddie, but the live version was Michael (if I'm not mistaken, which I often am). Great choice on your part, groovin' out!

lance - tru dat! "Will" makes for the greatest rebounders: they simply HAD to have the ball more than the other guy. Will and staying low makes for great defensive players.

I like your "extra in their movie" phrase; too true. Makes me sick. Does away with all teamwork.

the invitation was made PUBLIC on this blog …

he was talking "behind my back" calling me a douche bag in the previous comment.

so, what part is NOT the cool part????????

by the way, private rooms have their own password that ONLY certain people have access to. that chat room was created so people can chat in real time like on game chat.

looks like many members of these blogs have issues with the PRIVATE/PUBLIC notion. especially on the WEB??????
and i did not imply you.

who had the stupid idea about the "profiles"????????????

maybe people should understand the notion of "SCREEN NAME"

or "USER NAME"

don't you think.

there is something special about being anonymous and ave a dialogue. but many like a certain familiarity. with familiarity you have contempt.

exactly like with freedom/control

or advantages/limitations

...but I understand the Old School "will to win," because that's how I was raised: you strive to be the best no matter what, or why are you doing it at all? (Note: this can lead to a lot of broken relationships and unhappiness, though.)
Posted by: 63 Footer | December 16, 2010 at 01:52 PM
==============

I can relate.
It took me many years to finally understand that this attitude was not conducive to achieving peace of mind, for me.

Art - FL Laker Fan - yeah, me, too. Fortunately, my son being born did away with all that crap! I still strive like a mother superior, but my priorities and balance are completely different now. I'm actually better creatively now, too - more at one with the universe of thought and feeling. The game comes to me now.

htj: does hobbitmage always write a mini novella when he posts?

UtzworldBannerHolder: and to let you know i'm dead serious about getting ouchhhhhh banned

UtzworldBannerHolder: he is a cancer

ouchhhhhhhh: htj: why don't you ask hobbit??????????????

That shot 4 feet behind the 3pt line that Kobe scored was just amazing!
Not because it went in but because the way Kobe shoot it with zen like calmness!!!

I remember one time against Houston the shot clock was running down and Kobe got the ball some feet away from the 3pt line, and with the same calm as yesterday he dribbled and buried the jumper.

These are the small details that make him the Greatest nowadays! And one of the greatest of all time.

I hope he enjoys a great all-star game in hometown LA!!! He deserves it!

ouchhhhhhhh: actually i have bgger fish to fry about MM if it is necessary. so let's settle

i love people who PRAY and believe in God like Utz

on one had the say

"I forgive you, but I don't forget"

next day he goes around to tell people that he LIED, he is a hypocrite and wants me banned.

go figure

this is your chaplain speaking

Posted by: 63 Footer | December 16, 2010 at 02:27 PM
----------------------------

I love that "will to win" trait. But I knew Jerry was way over the top when he said and I paraphrase, "Signing Shaq was a bigger moment for him than the birth of his children".

It's not us, Ouchhhh.
It's you and God.

hobbitmage,

I did go on a rant about San Francisco (great city that it is), but most of it was in jest.

I meant no specific insult against you.

oucchhhhhhh seems to be having some severe personal issues right now and acting in very strange and negative ways.

What do we play for? RINGS!!!!

GO LAKERS!!!!

ouchhhhhhhh,

When I was talking about doucebags from San Francisco, I was specifically thinking about you. Not hobbitmage nor Laker Tom.

Just so we're clear.

ouchhhhhhhh = tired.

You sir, are out of touchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh with reality. You "cross the line" constantly, and continue to insult, degrade, bully, and condescend anyone with even the slightest iota of a difference of opinion. This is supposed to be a blog "community", not target practice for your childish banter. I'm sure you will have something catchy or edgy to say about my thoughts, but it matters not. You are the succubus that bleeds the joy from this place. I hope you can change soon, because this blog is suffering from your black hole of negativity. This message is not meant to be a personal bash, but an observation of an obvious trend you seem to be leading. I realize that my post may increase your "bad guy" quotient. Ultimately, I'm hoping you will see your dysfunctional behavior and remedy it as soon as possible. I can only imagine how you may act in the "real world".

DBDH!

Maybe your username is your deeply unexpressed reaction to the pain and suffering you've had to go through in your life. Pain hurts so deep, the only thing you can say is...

ouchhhhhhhh

LRob - you never knew with Jerry if that were true or not. Still, this from a man who couldn't watch the Lakers in the Finals because he'd get too upset... so I understand.

utzworld - THE BANNER HOLDER | December 16, 2010 at 02:52 PM

sorry if i just throw up a little …

what God?
who's God?

take it somewhere else please

can you really look in the mirror chaplain and after all your forgivenss from yesterday, or in your words, God's forgiveness from yesterday, you go around with you anger?????????

God does not bann me. He Loves Me!!!!!!!!!

i'm wondering if he will forgive you if i'm banned!!!!!!!!! can you live with IT?

bot i forgot, he forgives all of us, so next day we can sin again.
and we confess
and are forgiven
and sin
and confess
and forgiven

lets SETTLE

Jon K,

"People who are obsessed with history are bound to be slaves to it."

True, but at the same time:

- "Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it"

- "If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday."

today there is a marquee game:

wizzards - nets!!!!!!!!!!!

DBDH says: "This is supposed to be a blog "community", not target practice for your childish banter."

Ya know, maybe he's never had a real since of community in his life before. Every day he rants about how MM "ruined" this place for him by having us do Lakers Blog Profiles. We have become so close knit a community that we've gone a step further by introducing a piece of our personal lives to one another. And that infuriates the trolls. And ouchhhhh.

Deep down, he WANTS community. He wants the fellowship and camraderie that we have. But maybe he lacks the resources on how to get it for himself. So he unleashes hellfire, venom and anger on us because that's the only way he knows how to speak. The only way he can grab attention to himself is by making trouble. Sounds like a certain Golden Calves worshipper we know, right?

But I'm a hypocrite who submits fake prayers. What do I know?

The sad part (and proof that what I say is true): You actually think I'm angry.

but later, Spurs play Denver. let's see how the #1 responds tonight

tomorrow Kobe has a festivity at his high school. the Hall will be dedicated to him.

go Lakers

LAKER TRUTH,

If I devalued the study of history, it was not my intention. Actually, I love the study of history. I find it to be endlessly fascinating and filled with valuable lessons.

However, I don't personalize the past that had nothing specifically to do with me. I believe it is psychologically damaging for an individual to put a great deal of their personal identity into past historical injustices from generations before. It's unhealthy, limits personal development and tends to support rationalizations of selfish and destructive actions.

GO LAKERS!!!!

Jon K,

Fair enough.

Wow. Yao has a fractured ankle.

The guy can't get a break (no pun intended).

I wonder if those rumors about him being given HGH as a child to make him grow more are true. He sure has a lot of injuries. It seems like it has more to do than him just being a giant. Hmmm....

GO LAKERS!!!!

the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference

Yao shows us what real problems a big man can have. Perspective?

DBDH!

Jon K,
"People who are obsessed with history are bound to be slaves to it."

True, but at the same time:
- "Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it"

- "If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday."
Posted by: LAKER TRUTH |
===================

Well, I used to enjoy the study of history.
But as I've aged and my memory fails me more often than I'd like, I realize I have forgotten more history than I now know and that what's really most important is the present.

Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean it will happen again, and just because something may occur in the future doesn't mean that it will.

We can learn from the past and prepare for the future, but the past is gone and regrets are futile, the future hasn't occurred and unforeseen events will often derail the best laid plans.
It's all about the present, everyone enjoys getting them.

"Wow. Yao has a fractured ankle.

The guy can't get a break (no pun intended).

GO LAKERS!!!!

Posted by: Jon K. | December 16, 2010 at 03:19 PM "

Foot/ankle problems are VERY common for people that are freakishly tall like that because of the extreme stress it puts on the foot and ankle. The extreme heights often cause people to struggle with even basic functioning. The common question when people are 7-8 feet tall is why they don't play basketball. The usual answer is that they have difficulty walking and usually are in a wheelchair.

That shot 4 feet behind the 3pt line that Kobe scored was just amazing!

Posted by: TidalWave | December 16, 2010 at 02:35 PM
--------------------------

TidalWave - I agree. We've seen Kobe drain those DEEP 3's so many times. That's one facet of the game he has a clear advantage over Michael.

Tell me about it. I had him on my fantasy team. There's goes my rebound and block shots.

Posted by: LRob | December 16, 2010 at 09:21 AM

-------------

I feel your pain...he is on my team in league 2...just when I got AB and Boozer finally back...

Since we are up against each other this week...I guess it helps me, but Rondo just went down...their goes my assists, but helps on the TO...

MVP - You referenced this post as mean spirited.

Posted by: LRob | December 16, 2010 at 01:02 PM
=====

That was precisely it's intent.

How about we try respecting that which our neighbor holds dear? Not because we respect that thing, but because we respect the community.

Hmmm.

Wes

Repost

Jon K.,

I've been out-of -pocket for a minute. Are you back in Ohio? If yes when and why?

Posted by: Fan of the Mamba | December 16, 2010 at 06:52 AM

"And i wonder if the possibility of starting an all-star game will light a fire under Andrew's butt. He wants to play in one pretty badly, and with this opportunity looming now that Yao's out, I wouldn't be surprised to see Andrew suddenly request to be put back in the starting lineup.

Hmmm.

Wes

Posted by: wesjoenixon | December 16, 2010 at 03:39 PM "

Yao will probably be voted in as the starter even if he doesn't play again before the game happens. The coach picks a replacement if the starter can't go so being next in line in the voting won't matter.

Maybe next year.

Repost

Jon K.,

Posted by: Fan of the Mamba | December 16, 2010 at 06:52 AM

Posted by: Fan of the Mamba | December 16, 2010 at 03:47 PM

-----------------

Jon is in Cleveland right now...but just for the holidays...

He is vigilantly sitting on the 'lucky bar stool"....

@63 Footer - Nice. Teach the Children. And like Marvin would say....Save The Children

Who really cares
To save a world in despair?

Posted by: Bay to LA | December 16, 2010 at 01:34 PM
====

Are you saying that if we had faced Denver (1-3), Portland (1-2), Dallas (2-2), San Antonio (2-2), Orland0 (1-1) or Cleveland (0-2), one of those teams would have knocked us off and prevented us from winning #16?

@Lew - It looks like its going to go down to the wire with us this week. What's up no song today?

If Yao Ming get the most vote as a center and cannot play in the All Star game, then the 2nd most vote getter will start??? If so, Andrew Bynum could start since he is currently 2nd most vote getter in the West.

1 2 | »