« Previous Post |
Lakers Now Home
| Next Post »
E-mail the Lakers blog at email@example.com
The comments to this entry are closed.
Jon K- This may be the perfect song for Voodoo child.
There's one reason for Miami's struggles and one reason alone: Voodoo Curse.
And everyone knows that voodoo curses work best near swampland.
It's just the way it is.
What do we play for? RINGS!!!
Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever.
Posted by: Jon K. | November 24, 2010 at 11:46 AM
November 24, 2010 at 02:44 PM
Jimmy Hendrix is too cool for LeCreep
What do we play for? RINGS!!!
Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever.
Jon K. |
November 24, 2010 at 04:13 PM
repost from earlier thread:
The Van Gundy sisters are only good for one thing: being the butt end of funny jokes!
I just love the fact that SVG can't wear his lame mock turtle neck outfits anymore. Stern hated them so much that he outlawed them!
I'm sure going to miss Phil's mind games that get everyone all worked up. Hopefully, we will have such a dominant run to the ring that he'll have no choice but to come back for a Four-Peat!
Lamar better make the All Star team this year. If the fans don't vote for him, the coaches better do the right thing and give him a nod.
UPS had another great game! He was dominating in the first half and then Phil waited all the way until the end of the 3rd to put him back in.
Blake was clutch as well! Gotta love those two threes he hit. Barnes was great too. Killer Bees brought it!
As for the Bulls, Rose was great but shoves off a lot when he takes it to the rack. Noah is a BEAST. Bynum needs to take some notes on how much Joakim hustles, on every single play. Talk about having a nose for the ball. He reminds me of a truly old school 90s baller. I would love that guy on my team. They will be very good once Boozer gets back.
Next up, the Jazz. I forsee us at 14-2 by Saturday.
November 24, 2010 at 04:21 PM
@2Phatt and Jon K
I thik this suits LeQueen much better:
November 24, 2010 at 04:25 PM
Last Summer, the Miami Heat were in 7th heaven counting on their Championship and the season hasn't started yet. They have been prematurely crowned by Stern and BSPN. Today someone's head is on the guillotine either one of the big three and/or the Coach. Eric spoiled the beans, he thought the contents are can of beans based on the label outside. Unfortunately, after one it is really a can of worms and he's having some ulcers in digesting the situation what really happened to his normal coaching career. Because of this unfortunate nothing-thank-for event Eric Spoelstra, my compatriot, here is one for you, an old song:
Edwin Gueco |
November 24, 2010 at 05:31 PM
mclyne - Your right, dead on point.
November 24, 2010 at 06:31 PM
if Rambis can control his troupes, the Lakers can end in first place tonight.
Wolves up by 11 with Spurs end of 3rd.
November 24, 2010 at 07:04 PM
"Down goes the Heat!"
November 24, 2010 at 07:23 PM
It's just not happening for them, the Heat. Not enough balance and I am not sure they can get that.
November 24, 2010 at 07:24 PM
Kurt Rambis with an assist to the Lake Show. Hang on, TPups!
November 24, 2010 at 07:36 PM
So did Phil Jackson cause the Magic to win or the Heat to lose tonight?
November 24, 2010 at 07:42 PM
Edwin- I love the Kingston Trio, but no way can you blame Spoelstra for this. He was signed as the coach way before 'the disaster.' Pat Riley made the hard to keep promises to the superstars that brought everybody to south beach, it's his problem. I don't suppose he minds that much, but Spoelstra mostly deserves sympathy, in my mind. He didn't get to pick the players.
November 24, 2010 at 08:02 PM
Nope Wolves couldn't hang on. Too much Ginobli in the 4th and a couple of big 3's by Bonner in OT...game over. Although another big game by KLove with 32pts/22reb. And the Darko reclamation project continues..22pts/8reb/5blks.
November 24, 2010 at 08:16 PM
So if Van Gumby wants to protect Spoelstra why did he go out and beat him?
Tom Daniels |
November 24, 2010 at 08:17 PM
Forget the Heat--the Spurs are now Enemy #1, now that they've apparently found the Fountain of Youth. Unlike the Heat, the Spurs play like a team instead of a bunch of oversized egos AND they have proven Championship mettle. Tonight just proved they can play crappy and still pull out a win, a trait not coincidentally that the Lakers have.
Timmy is the anti-LeBron and the Spurs are the anti-Heat; thus they need to he considered as a real obstacle to a Three-Peat.
November 24, 2010 at 08:20 PM
You can never underestimate the NBA's Sleeping Giant, the San Antonio Spurs. Their problem in recent years has been keeping everyone healthy and then wearing down in the playoffs. Frankly, I'm glad they are relevant so far this season because the Lakers can use a legitimate rival and that team and its coach earned my respect a long, long time ago.
November 24, 2010 at 09:10 PM
Didn't get to see the 2nd half of last night's game but, as always, pleased to get the W. Seems like Blaker was big late. He strikes me as one of those players who doesn't do much scoring thru most of the game but, when called upon late can deliver BIG...always nice to have that kinda player on your team.
@JLF: Wow, I'm always a little behind on these threads. I dind't read that you were seriously ill until I got home last night. You've have my best thoughts and wishes. Here's hoping you are able to overcome whatever health challenges you're facing.
@Mamba24: Please add me to the JLF and Lucas Tang bandwagons.
My condolences go out to the parents of young Lucas. I guess if there's anything good that can come out of this terrible tragedy, it's that, hopefully, parents of young toddlers will realize even more now, that you have to keep a close eye on them at all times because they can do so much harm to themselves in the blink of an eye.
@LRob: Yeah, Marsha's been one of my favorite female vocalist as well.
I'm gonna start winding down the 'across the pond' series, so for today's entry I'll give the other half of that 'Floetry' duo.(via UK)
The Floacist - (featuring Musiq Soulchild) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmKAyM2xqPA
Natilie Stewart(aka The Floacist) - Affirmation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xl1pOQCvjE&feature=related
The Floacist - Do It Right - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0oyYRRnHEo&feature=related
The Floacist - Work It Baby - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lscr9lvjzjE&feature=related
Floacist Part 2 - She Love Like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4b7CPTyTv4&feature=related
Let's go Ls...all the way to a 3-peat!!!!!
G in DC(aka GDUB) |
November 24, 2010 at 09:12 PM
Lot of great games tonight...
SA rallying from 20+ down to beat Wolves.
Dallas erasing a 10pt deficit in the 4th to beat the OKC.
Mo Williams buzzer beater
DRose friends (Deng/Korver/Johnson) stage big Q4 comeback vs. Phoenix and the Rose takes over in 1st/2nd OT.
November 24, 2010 at 09:34 PM
Miami's struggling at 8-7. There's a lot of finger pointing going on. And here's what coach Spoles said at his press conference....
November 24, 2010 at 09:37 PM
November 25, 2010 at 04:00 AM
GET WELL SOON JUSTALAKERFAN – BANDWAGON
Thank you for the kind words. I'm better but not out of the woods. I am leveling off but I know
I will get worse before I get better. I don't want to put my business out here but I am waiting for
transplant. I had recently had a PlereX catherter (sp?) put in my chest to drain fluids from my
lungs as I was literally drowning in my own blood. The stress of my health was getting unbearable
for Mrs Justa taking on so much more for the family. My improvement has helped that situation
down. I have been reading the blog but have not input as I needed to focus on health and family.
I will stop by periodically to throw my 2 cents worth of opinions and will remain part timer for a
while longer. Again thanks for the kind thoughts and is much appreciated. Posted by:
JustaLakerFan | November 23, 2010 at 04:02 PM
To all Laker fam, Again thank you for your kind words and thoughts,and prayers. My heart is filled
and touched. I am a fighter and will not languish but fight on. My thoughts are with you all as well
and I will stop by now and then but I will read to keep up to date. God Bless you all as I can have
no better 2nd family. Posted by: JustaLakerFan | November 23, 2010 at 04:50 PM
(01) JUSTANOTHERMAMBAFAN – OWNER - justa... from 1 to another.... OMG - I had no idea you were in such bad shape. I sincerely hope that everything goes well - and quickly. I hate the thought of you languishing while waiting for a transplant. That can't be easy for any of you. Best wishes, thoughts & prayers to you and yours, my friend. Take care of yourself & your loved ones. We'll hold down the fort
(02) MAMBA24 – DRIVER - Take care of yourself my brother, The Blog needs you. My prayers for you and your family.
(03) ZAIRA AMATERASU – GODDESS - I wanna send my sympathy and full support to JustaLakerFan . We share your task of heaviness guy. With love and genuine care.
(04) CYBERCOSMIX - JustaLakerFan: Health issues are bad enough, but combined with family crisis that is a tough thing. Hang in there bro!!!
(05) LROB - JustaLakerFan - - I will certainly say a prayer for year. May God strengthen you doing these difficult times. I had no idea, but did miss your presence cause of your evening jam sessions.
(06) CALIPHILOSOPHER - JustaLakerFan - I didn't know you weren't feeling well. I hope things get much better for you real soon.
(07) LEWSTERS - JustaLakerFan - Stay strong bro...keep the faith...I hope things turn around for you...
(08) 63 FOOTER - JustaLakerFan - best thoughts and good wishes to you. And, of course, Lakers winning is never bad to take your mind off things. Feel better.
(09) LAKERTOM - JUSTALAKERAN… Man, sorry to hear about your health issues. We’ll definitely keep you in our prayers. Got to be tough waiting for a transplant. Keep your spirits up. Glad your family and Mrs. Justa are there for you. These are the times when love of friends and family are most important. Get well.
(10) MUD - JustaLakerFan-i'm really sorry to hear about your health! all the best wishes from me...
(11) G in DC(aka GDUB) - JLF: Wow, I'm always a little behind on these threads. I dind't read that you were seriously ill until I got home last night. You've have my best thoughts and wishes. Here's hoping you are able to overcome whatever health challenges you're facing.
PRAY FOR THE TANG FAMILY WHOSE CHILD DIED AT THE STAPLES – BANDWAGON
(01) EDWIN GUECO – OWNER - With all this hooplah that "we are great", I do hope we can say a
prayer or extend a word of condolence to the parents of the 3 year old boy who died at the game due
to freak accident. We can't bring back time and preserve the boy's life, our sincere prayer in the blog
will be sort of a community prayer for the repose of his soul. (i.e. if soul really exist.) I guess this is the only effective communication we can do to share our sentiments to the family. as fellow Laker fans. . I'm doing our duties as Laker fans, that in time of tragedy we are all as one family.
(02) FRMKT – DRIVER - R.I.P. "Littlest" Laker Fan.
(38) PHRED - please get me on the bandwagon for young lucas post haste this terrible tragedy is so much worse because of how his family will feel about lakers games. what is a terrible tragedy i hope will not separate this family from the loving community that i know Lakers Fans are comprised off. -To the suffering family- I realize that the words of those at staples are as ash to your grief, but I hope that the love, the empathy and the community of those of us who have long loved the Lakers from the inspirations they provide to human endeavor and our own personal troubles, troubles and losses which we would hardly suggest could equal your own in severity, but could perhaps equal yours in grief. I speak badly, but i feel quite clearly- we are here for you, us lakers fans, us human beings, we are you today. We mourn with you.or something like that. I wish i could say something that would at least, if not help, they do virtue to the idea of trying to help. THE LOVE CRIES SALT TEARS TODAY. THE LAKERS MOURN SOMETIMES THE LOVE CAN BARELY BE ENOUGH
(39) G in DC(aka GDUB) - My condolences go out to the parents of young Lucas. I guess if there's anything good that can come out of this terrible tragedy, it's that, hopefully, parents of young toddlers will realize even more now, that you have to keep a close eye on them at all times because they can do so much harm to themselves in the blink of an eye.
November 25, 2010 at 05:41 AM
Your database for all things purple and gold.
More Lakers on Bleacher Report »
Mobile Phone (required)
Sign me up for the following lists: