Caught in the Web: Lakers prepare for Denver Nuggets
--The Times' Broderick Turner explains what the Lakers got out of their in-depth session in dissecting the team's underwhelming victory Tuesday against Minnesota.
--The Denver Post's Benjamin Hochman details how the Nuggets are geared up to play the Lakers.
--ESPN Los Angeles' Andy Kamenetzky analyzes Derek Fisher's sharp criticism of the team's play against the Timberwolves.
--ESPN Los Angeles' Brian Kamenetzky breaks down how the Lakers can properly pace themselves without falling into complacency.
--ESPN Los Angeles' Dave McMenamin explains how the Lakers are moving on from their poor performance against Minnesota.
--The Orange County Register's Keith Sharon profiles Coach Phil Jackson.
--The Daily Breeze's Elliott Teaford highlights the team's reaction toward Fisher's sharp criticism of the team's play against the Timberwolves.
--Fox Sports' Billy Witz wonders if this is the last time the Lakers will match up with Carmelo Anthony in a Nuggets uniform.
--The Hoops Doctors put together a highlight package in the video below on the Lakers' first week of the regular season.
--Lakers.com presents video from Wednesday's practice.
--Forum Blue and Gold's Phillip Barnett provides a few quick-hit thoughts on the Lakers' season.
--Silver Screen and Roll's 67MARQUEZ highlights the Lakers' 1987 championship team.
--Denver Stiffs' Andrew Feinstein breaks down the Nuggets-Lakers matchup.
Tweet of the Day: "i am looking for funny post and interesting people to put on my website as official bloggers send your tryouts to firstname.lastname@example.org" -- RONARTESTCOM (Lakers forward Ron Artest)
Reader Comment of the Day: "Kobe has the edge against other superstars because of:
1. Longer hang time in the air than typical hoopster
2. Mastery of the boards
3. Studies moves of opponents especially the one who will be assigned to him
4. Mastery of the read and react on plays, dribble and pivots
5. Practice moves till perfection, is never satisfied with what he already knew but try add more to his repertoire of moves
6. His unending thirst for achievement, some basketball fans call it self-centered but it is just unending challenge in conquering the top
7. Superior intelligence on mind control and self motivation. When he was on trial he psyched himself to gut it out on the basketball court even when public opinion was at its lowest ebb
8. Ball hog, despises under achieving teammates, hates owners intrigues basically, he knows what he wants and grabs it
9. Stubborn with his own style, won't compare himself to other Superstars preceded him but just stick to name brand Kobe
10. It is the brand Laker that made him better. If Kobe got stuck w/ Charlotte Bobcats, would he ever attain such fame and attraction.
Will he be the greatest player in NBA of all time? It is not for us to judge because our frame of comparison will be limited. It is up to future historians 50 years from now who have an array of view of all players." -- Edwin Gueco
-- Mark Medina
E-mail the Lakers blog at email@example.com
Photo: Lakers forward Ron Artest, who harassed Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony into a seven-for-19 shooting performance, slaps the ball away on a drive in the fourth quarter Sunday. Credit: Luis Sinco / Los Angeles Times.