Lakers Chat: Team USA vs. Lithuania

Follow the L.A. Times Lakers blog on Twitter: twitter.com/latmedina. E-mail the Lakers blog at mgmedin@gmail.com

LRob

MM

i'm startin to dig this profile thing.

the game has started, but see no chat;

@ 8?:58 in the first, Lamar not exactly dominating, he has lost a couple of inside matchups.

@ end of first- Rudy Gay just completely blew a dunk. Sad. Coach K not happy.

@ 7:00 in 2nd- Durant is making some poor decisions. He is not going to carry this team shooting like this.

He does seem to be the only offensive threat, though. This whole team USA reminds me of the Lakers circa 2006- A center with poor offensive skills takes up space, Lamar gets the rebound, passes it to a streaky shooter who goes one on five and misses half the time.

Hmm. Sucks about the need for moderation, but I agree that there wasn’t really a way around it. Too much potty talk, some of it by idiots using my name in vain, and we don’t need that.

I hope that gets through to you on some level.

I do feel that the ‘luck biter’ comment by hobbitmage was inappropriate and didn’t reflect well on his judgment. I didn’t comment on it in the first place simply because I didn’t read it, since it was part of a lengthy squabble, I scrolled past it. I would honestly hate to read each word of each comment and weigh the particular merits and offensiveness of each; I don’t know if you have ever said anything equally offensive to anybody, but ultimately that is in the eye of the person being offended; You can’t win that argument, and you don’t need to bother.

Now, as I said, feel free to respond to the comment, but don't bother to say something like

'thank you, phred! I am glad that you agree with me that [somebody] does [something] and thank you for taking my side!'

cause that is not at all what I am saying.

THE LOVE FEELS THAT A LITTLE LUCK BITING IS OK BETWEEN CONSENTING ADULTS AND CAN BE PART OF A HEALTHY ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP

THE LOVE DOES NOT NEED THE DETAILS THOUGH

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE LOVE

GO LAKERS!

@ :36 in 2nd- jeez, somebody put a body on Kleiza. Giving him all day at the arc.

yeah, I figured out y'all are on tape delay, but I'm making a few game notes.

tyson chandler is sleepwalking here.

i'd say I was beginning to think Kevin Love has been a bit overhyped, but I have always thought Kevin Love was overhyped.

watching some commercials here- they still make aftershave? Do you use this while using your galvanic belt and reading the newspaper and waiting for your serfs to finish simonizing your buggy?

Lakertom

For some reason the event isn't showing up, go to: http://gsnap.com/1390

When is the game?

Is it televised?

thanks,
m.

And Laker Tom,

Wes

Well, this blog just took a big gulp from a glass of 'ain't been in today'

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay. I was in baltimore for most of the day. I wish I didn't have to do it but just didn't want the blog to go completely to hell when I was gone.

Anyway, I think it's fair to accept the blame that some of the posters ran wild. I wanted to gauge a good balance between the benefits of insta posting vs. protection and I think most of us here still preferred the insta posting. But I want this to be a safe haven for you guys. It's one thing for trolls to come in, talk trash about lakers, players, etc. but it got to the point where it was very personal and vulgar. We'll play it by ear based on your feedback and how it goes overall. I just appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime.

MM

Lrob u r famous
I'm at legoland can't wait to come back to la
Catch up with u guys tomorrow

so what happened to the game chat?

hey, I was at least looking forward to the game chat, but there was no game chat to be found. I hope their is an explanation for that, and maybe a game chat tomorrow.

MM- No problem, I agree that it got to the point that moderation was necessary. I do hope that we can find a compromise somewhere.

People have mentioned some type of registration where long timers get to insta post but newbies need to be moderated. I know that you use a third party, maybe someone can contact them to see if that is possible?

LakerTom-

Please come back! If you need to take a break take one, just come back. Being born in 1980 I only really remember the mid 90's on, and vaguely remember the late 80's-mid 90's. One of my favorite things about this blog is that I get to read stuff from others with much more life and basketball experience than myself. You are not only one of those people, you are one of my favorites! If you are gone for good you will be sorely missed!

LRob

Posted by: yellofever | August 21, 2010 at 11:52 AM
--------
Yellofever - I agree. Tivo and NBA League Pass...forgetaboutit.

Here's some quotes form the Celtics blog, dating to around June 17th or so...For those who would like a stiff shot of Celtic greif...

A few hours before game 7 and Celtic fans are remembering 2008:

"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion. Every time i think about tonight’s game, the picture of KG ripping the heart of Pau comes into my mind.
There is no way that, at the very limit, Lakers are able to match our Celtics prideful resolve.

One mo’ – for history!

by rondoman on Jun 17, 2010 8:04 AM EDT reply actions"

And...

"It`s been an exhilarating 3 year run, however... Should the Lakers walk away with 2 championships during those 3 years…it puts one hell of a damper on it!

by Title 18 on Jun 17, 2010 8:28 AM EDT"

Lol...

"Against all odds.... … but we´re winning tonight.

I know it´s in LA, I know that Perk is out, I know that Kobe is Kobe, I know all that crap. But, in this life you have to choose: Laker or Celtic. And, once upon a time, I decided to be a Celtic. And I will always be.

Nº 18 is on the way. I can feel it.

by OUMAISCOMIN on Jun 17, 2010 10:01 AM EDT reply actions"

And how about...

"If the Celtics won tonight would this be the sweetest championship of them all for the organization?
by thenation on Jun 17, 2010 11:20 AM EDT reply actions

Yes, Without a Doubt! I remember the 1969 championship as if it were a month ago…as well as the 3-1 comeback win in 1968 vs. Philadelphia, the 1974 championship vs. Milwaukee, etc.

Winning tonight would trump them all!!!

by Title 18 on Jun 17, 2010 3:37 PM EDT up reply actions"

And these guys say:

"Asterisks on championships stink It’s always better when both teams are at full strength and thanks for the thoughts about Perkins. I hate hearing about how 2008 would have been different if Bynum were healthy. That said, I hope our team saves the Lakers from an asterisk this year. ; ) Cheers smart_guy!

by Thruthelookingglass on Jun 17, 2010 11:27 AM EDT up reply actions

I don't think there are ever asterisks on a championship
by vinnie on Jun 17, 2010 11:38 AM EDT up reply actions

except 2009's that was clearly one. "Do you know that nonbelievers create the most positive energy?" Davis said

by Birdbrain on Jun 17, 2010 11:52 AM EDT up reply actions

Lol - @ all hypocritical C's fans
by nba is the worst on Jun 17, 2010 6:35 PM EDT up reply"

And then there's:

"Celtics As a Laker fan I have the upmost respect for this fabulous team and their history, for without them the Lakers lose some defination. What can possibly be more glorious than a win tonight, a game 7 for the Celtics or the Lakers. I can’t begin to you how badly I want the Lakers to win tonight. That’s because the Lakers are playing the incredible Celtics who have 17 banners hanging from their rafters. I want to see the Lakers get more banners in my lifetime and pass the Celtics for the most Championships.

by Wayne D on Jun 17, 2010 12:19 PM EDT reply actions
In your lifetime ??? I also have respect for the Lakers, mostly because every superhero needs his supervillain…. But, I´m sorry, the Lakers have got “just” 10 championships. They won 5 rings in Minneapolis, but we´re talking about the Los Angeles Lakers here, right ??
So, its 17-10 Celtics. And counting…..

by OUMAISCOMIN on Jun 17, 2010 1:28 PM EDT reply actions

Only C's fans care Everyone else, nationwide, laughs when yet another defensive c’s fan posts this BS again…

by nba is the worst on Jun 17, 2010 6:38 PM EDT up reply actions

Truth hurts
by OUMAISCOMIN on Jun 18, 2010 2:50 AM EDT up"

And lastly before I retire to sleepland:

"This will be one hell of a night. A Boston win will show the world what being a team is all about, that no matter how much you struggle in offensive end you can still win by defending.

2008 Finals Game Six June 17, 2008 Banner 17
2010 Finals Game Seven June 17, 2010 Banner 18

by Mr. Defense on Jun 17, 2010 1:33 PM EDT

Tonight there wont be any yelling screaming or cursing as i watch the game, i will just sit back and enjoy this great team for very possibly the very last time together. Go Celtics, shock the world

by celticcrazy on Jun 17, 2010 1:52 PM EDT reply actions

I think I'll be yelling and screaming and cursing. And hopefully laughing and smiling when it’s all over.

by eastie Rich on Jun 17, 2010 3:01 PM EDT

All of above for me well actually I hope the latter I know the former.

Thank You Celtics If this is the last time we would see this entire group together, I’d like them to go out with a big bang! Win or lose, as long as the guys show up and play their hearts out, I’ll be proud of these players.

Let’s go Celtics! Banner 18 is so close …

by Celtic_E on Jun 17, 2010 5:31 PM EDT

by celticz on Jun 17, 2010 7:13 PM EDT

Great write up As long as we go out and give our very best this team will have made me proud, win or lose. And so I think this poem is very appropriate for this team in particular

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a GREEN bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

by Aeacus_ on Jun 17, 2010 7:23 PM EDT reply actions

Comments For This Post Are Closed"

Wes

longtimelakerlover - Thanks. That means you did sent in your profile right?
------
Lewstrs - I agree, MM made an excellent photo selection of Magic in his Mich St. green...the only thing sweeter would've been superimposing a picture when that smug look was wiped off Larry face in that 79 title game.
-------
RedBluffPete - My favorite image from that 85 series was of Kareem running down the parquet floor with his fists thrust in the air celebration after scoring
-------
Jamie - Sounds like a plan Jamie although I'll go have to forgo the brewski since I don't drink alcohol. Loved the Hula Hoop video. I've seen a lot of Coen brothers movie but not that one. I'll have to check it out.
-------
NewMexicoLakerLifer - glad you enjoyed. Hey I even gave the Twin cities a little love with the Prince video.
-------
Enjoytheride - Yep, big fan for a long time...30+ years...now you're making me feel old...lol. But God willing I'll get to see another 30+ years of Lakers bball.

I watched the game. Billups, Rondo, and especially Tyson Chandler sucked pretty hard the whole game. Kevin Durant stunk it up the first half as well.

Lamar actually contributed a lot, though not scoring. There were a couple of times he was in that they went on big surges because he would get a defensive rebound and kick it ahead quickly to initiate the fast break. That's as compared to Tyson Chandler who couldn't box out a fly, and repeatedly gave up putback dunks and layups and offensive rebounds.

Billups and Rondo are supposed to be good PGs, but they were turning it over constantly and neither could hit a shot to save their lives. Billups even missed 2 free throws. Derrick Rose also did some stinky shooting except for the few times he made it all the way to the rim.

Thankfully, Russell Westbrook was shooting well and Stephen Curry was shooting well and the U.S. defense in the second half got them lots of steals for fast breaks.

Seriously though, Lamar was one of the guys who really turned it around. Very good defensive rotations to keep guys from driving to the rim, good boxing out and defensive rebounding, and very good kick ahead passes on several occasions.

The big discussion today in the off season is whether or not Shaq's jersey should be retired by the Lakers. I believe that it will be, eventually but i say that grudgingly. From a professional point of view, actual performance on the court, Shaq's deserves to have his number retired and probably will. but from an emotional standpoint and as a die-hard laker fan, i have my reservations. getting your jersey retired at the staples center is more difficult that getting into the hall of fame. that is a minimum requirement. first of all, shaq only played 7 years with the lakers, so by the time he finishes his career, he would have played more seasons with other teams than the lakers including 5 with orlando alone. also, i might be wrong, but i believe that every laker up on the rafters, retired as a laker even if some of them started at another team. in either case every single one of those players are totally identified as a laker legend and many of them stayed with the laker organisation after retirement. jerry west (long time legendary laker GM), worthy (K-Cal 9), Magic (part owner), kareem (coach to bynum). all of them with the exception of wilt chamberlain played at least a decade with the lakers. wilt the exception is still totally identified as a laker player and he is responsible for the lakers first championship in los angeles. kareem (14 seasons), magic, west, worthy, their whole careers. shaq's 7 years is kind of weak in comparison.

now, my emotional reasons. Shaq has disrepected the laker organization during his time here and after he left. His departure was nasty. not only his feud with kobe, but also his feud with jerry buss. Before the season started, in an exhibition game, Shaq publicly called out Buss and yelled into stands "pay me!" or something like that. He already had at least a couple years left on his highest paid player in the NBA contract and was demanding a long term extention at ridiculous amounts up to $30 million a year. After the season and after Buss canned Jackson, without consulting Shaq (Jackson was his boy), Shaq knew Buss was not going to kiss his ass anymore (at least not as much) and immediately demanded a trade. And Buss traded his ass to Miami. I think a major factor in his decision is that not only will he lose Kobe who was a free agent, but also he calculated (correctly) that Shaq was past his peak and his work ethics were subpar. Shaq messed around every summer and came to training camp unfit. He waited until september one year to get surgery on his toe and said his stupid line " i got injured during company time so I will recover on company time" what a jackass. in the meantime, guys like fish and kobe would be busting their ass training and preparing for the next season. Hey, i get it, Shaq is a big dude and he should probably rest those knees during the off-season, but its his lazy attitude and his dissing of Buss is what got him shipped out of the Lakers.

Now, what really pisses me off about Shaq is when the lakers lost to the Celtics in 08. This jerk was gleefully celebrating. His messed up rap song "kobe how does my ass taste? kobe can't win without me" what an A-hole. obviously, he was actively rooting for the Lakers to lose and to lose against the Celtics! What true Laker actually roots for us to lose. Sure you can go to another team and compete against your former team but to actively root for Boston against the Lakers?! Thats some messed up shit. Not only that, he was publicly celebrating it. He ain't no Laker and I don't want to see his jersey up with the loyal legendary Laker greats. Now he's join the Celts?! The big Benedict Arnold. do you think that Kevin McHale, while he was the GM for Minnesota, was going to give the Lakers Garnett? We really wanted him and probably would have given them Lamar and Andrew (im glad we didn't) but there was no way mchale was going to help the Lakers. Nor would I expect him to. Screw him and screw Shaq. I'm a Laker fan. Always was and always will be.

*___________________________________________________________________*
LAKER TOM PLEASE RECONSIDER LEAVING – BANDWAGON
*___________________________________________________________________*
When something you love dearly that has been part of your life for the last five years no longer is fun, then the time has come to move on. That any blogger would be allowed to slur someone with such
rude and obscene comments without consequence is beyond any standard of good taste, fair play, & sportsmanship. As a result, I have decided to take a long & maybe permanent vacation from the blog. My thanks to KobeMVP, Art, and Blitz for having my back regarding the comments made but I
have no desire for my wife, son, grandson, or friends to come to this blog and read such denigrating comments about me. Next year is going to be a wonderful year for the Lakers. I will just have to find
another place to enjoy it.
*____________________________________________________________________*
(01) MARK MEDINA – BLOG GOD - LakerTom - Please don't leave us. You are a valuable member to this blog and I hope you reconsider
(02) JUSTANOTHERMAMBAFAN – OWNER - LakerTom - please add me to the list of many who have had your back throughout the various going's on around here. I would absolutely HATE to see you leave. Please reconsider. You're one of the best writers on here, and you'd be impossible to replace.
(03) KOBEMVP888 – DRIVER – LAKERTOM - Please reconsider. I view you as a Godfather on here and I would hate to see you leave without enjoying the in season Lakers/NBA talk with someone whose understanding of the game is as deep as yours.
(04) JON-K – RIDING SHOTGUN - LakerTom, I'm sorry. I didn't read the attacks upon you; otherwise I would have come to your defense. who was the jerk calling you names?
(05) MAMBA24 –MANNNNNNN! MY Idol leaving the Blog? This ISH just aint right!
(06) PSYCHEDLAKERGIRL - LakerTom - that's too bad. I am sorry you feel like this and I am certainly not going to sway your current conviction. We have had our own back and forths but there has always been respect. However, you acknowledged your own shortcomings and it is a putoff to some. None of us should be made to feel less knowledgeable or loyal Laker fans because others might know more about bball, Laker tidbits or the NBA ins & outs. I have gotten over it and hopefully you will too. Your well-thought Laker history/knowledge will surely be missed and we won't have anyone to anchor the "AB17 is the beast" blog post that is certain to come this season. Perhaps everyone will be a little more respectful when it comes to race, religion, lifestyle preferences and other personal matters. This is a public forum to express opinions and any name calling shouldn't be part of it no matter how funny someone thinks it might be. We have to remember there are younger, possibly teenage Laker fans who have found this place to learn more about basketball and the Lakers in general. I certainly wouldn't want my nieces or nephews seeing some of the name calling and personal attacks either. Ciao for now LakerTom. I know you will secretly be reading the blog as a purist Lakerholic does. Maybe when you do come back it will be a more respectful place.
(07) KB-BLITZ - Sorry I missed that part. If you do decide to call it quits Laker Tom then I thank you for the last 2 years I've known you on this blog and for the many conversations/debates we had. Best wishes for you and your family.
(08) ART-FL LAKERS FAN - Laker Tom, FWIW, I agree with your take on the situation. It seems there are not many here who really are willing to take a stand and speak out at an injustice. There is the general can't we all get along stuff, but it pretty much stops there. And perhaps that's ok, perhaps it shouldn't be the roll of the blog participants to try and police itself since the bloggers have no authority or ability to remove an offensive poster. I guess it should be the roll of the blog monitor, but it's a roll that is not being filled by anyone on a fair, consistent and impartial basis.
(09) LEWSTRS - Laker Tom - "Wat ya talkin bout Willis" Please reconsider leaving the family...Maybe take a break...There is no Laker news, but you know darn well the closer we get to training camp...there will be more subjects to discuss... I think MM will find a solution to moderating the thread better...hell the trolls are even using his name...lol I'm sure MVP888 will agree...there is no other Laker Blog on the net with the content, members, knowledge, history and loyal fan hood, then our Blog...It's the reason I have transferred over, and I'm just regretting I didn't experience the last 3 years with this group from the start...So LT, we still have unfinished business with this group of Lakers...Let's witness the whole story together, for I think the best chapters are still to come... Long live the LAT Lakers Blog...and long live The Lakers...#17 coming Up...
(10) OLD HIPPY(NOT THE IMPOSTER) - While I can certainly think of some poster who really add NO value to the blog except for lot of wasted emotions and commotion. To these posters Mark Median even has begged them to stay because they add more value to his quest in climbing the LA times corporate ladder and I can understand it. Your posts are well crafted, thought out and fun to read, and I certainly hope that you continue to post regardless of the comments directed at you. I suggest that you sit out in the sun and get your skin toughened up.
(11) JAMIE SWEET - @LakerTom - Sad to see you leave LAT Laker Blog, but I split time between here and the K Bros blog because the vitrol here can be annoying and even maddening. It's sad how anger is used against people who are, essentially, all rooting for the same thing. I can't help but feel that context is a big issue, though not as large as the blatant insults being hurled from one side of the Blog to the other (much like monkeys flinging crap). I generally stay out of other people arguments and try to hew to the 'if you don't have anything nice to say...' mentality. But it does get wearisome scrolling through known troll posts and dealing with a general lack of civility. LEWSTRS pointed out that there is no other Laker Blog that has such a large body of active participants, but like an over-crowded ship, we're now jumping off and swimming for more spacious locals. Good luck LakerTom, can't say I can find fault with your decision as your admiration for one player has somehow morphed into Insultville, USA.
I hope to bump into you on the web somewhere. Adios.
(12) TOM DANIELS - LakerTom, One Tom to another, don't go away for good. You are one of the great voices on this blog (actually, some of the folks you get into disagreements with are too, but that's another story). You would be very missed. Having said that, I understand. I took a break myself earlier in the year, tiring a bit from all the negativity directed at a team we are damn lucky to be fans of. It's one thing to be clear eyed about your team, another to spew hatred at its players and management. It took some of the fun out for me. Look LT, if folks can personally attack PJ and Kobe and Gasol and Fish, you are not off limits. My blog vaca helped me learn to enjoy this place and brush off the stuff that drives me crazy (mostly). This is too rich a place for a Laker fan for me to leave forever, from the official posts that collect most of the interesting Lakers news in one place to the many informed and often funny fans who post below. You have taken some, umm, well, pretty strong stances in the past, and made yourself a bit of a lightning rod. So you get some heat. And you give some back. That's all OK, but sometimes it does cross the line and I understand how you feel. So take a break, but be back here before Bynum starts playing well so you don't look like a front-runner.
(13) MAGIC PHIL - What's going on here? It's been hard to catch up, but LakerTom needs to stay. Dear LakerTom, I have no idea what's going on, but plz reconsider your position. I bet it was some troll, right? C'mon, they'll always be around as long as we win rings. Your comments are always very good, polite, insightfull, bla, bla, etc... LEt's keep it up.
(14) DICE8UP - Shame that it has come to this LTom leaving. And I guess many still others who has preferred to stay away from this blog but still reads it on a daily basis, like myself. MM, you really have to make a decision here. Automatic posting should be for registered and long time Members/posters Regulated posting should be for first timers and/or new posters, or nregistered ones. But you have to have some kind of membership registration to make it happen. Exactly the reason why i seldom post here anymore. The MikeT days were fiery but it was better and civil. These days, bloggers would just come in here and resort to obscenities.
(15) LROB - Laker Tom, Quit tripping. You need to stay. We all love the Lakers and I personally enjoy your perspective. Take a break for a little while, relax and enjoy your family. But do come back because this board is better when there's diverse opinions. Now click on the link below and continue to do what the song says. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-o1KjhQS4
(16) OTIS -- Laker Tom; Just read the news. Folks, don't get so graphic - some bloggers get a little out of shape about it. Tom, I'm on your side always - I didn't read the comments but you're not in grade school anymore and should be able to laugh about these things. It could be funny in a George Carlin sort of way. Stick around. please. With you gone, who am I going to laugh at besides myself
(17) FEARLESS - LakerTom,You must stay. You are one of only a handful of bloggers on this board for which everything you write, I read. I may not agree, but I thouroughly enjoy your perspective, your insight, and you writing skill. Do no deprive us of your gifts. Conversely, do not deprive yourself of our fellowship. Only together is the blog strong. Please stay, I beg of you! --FEARless PS: Put me on the bandwagon with all due haste!
(18) HUGO BOSS - Laker Tom- what's going on brother?
(19) NEWMEXICOLAKERLIFER - Put me on the Laker Tom Bandwagon! Please don't go. You are one of us older bloggers with a lot of basketball knowledge!!!!!Remember about 3 or 4 weeks ago when we had our 1100 plus posts in 2 days. That was a lot of fun without any malicious attacks on anyone!! Soon pre season starts...we are all so ready! Go Lakers!
(20) SDLEWIS - Please.....Help us LakertomKinobe your our only hope! The Empire.......
(21) JOHNNYV - I really like Laker Tom. I hope he doesn't leave for good.
(22) OREGON WADE - Laker Tom, I too want to thank you. Each blog topic I read, I scroll thru looking for your comments first. Then I go from the top down seeing how everyone else puts their 2 cents in. I'm unaware of whatever sent this off, but there is value, and respect when we overcome the many too many. So I hope you stay. Respectfully, Oregon Wade
(23) WES - And Laker Tom, Relax my man. I really hope you stay around. If you leave, you give the blog to the twenty-year olds. You do realize that, no? Not that that's a terrible thing, it's just not a great thing. We need an occasional paragraph or two that has some life-experience and insight. I don't like it when my favorite bloggers drop off the earth. Like, what about Andrew Z? No. Sorry Laker Tom, you're a lifer around here. Do I have to consult Mrs. Laker Tom?
(24) YELLOW FEVER – Lakertom please do reconsider. i cant imagine this blog without you. we may not always see eye to eye on laker basketball but you'll always have my support. i do hope you will find it in you to just brush this off with a good laugh.. and not let trolls win! and LT.. i know you know these things are just the downsides to instant postings... its either one or the other. cant have it both ways and you know with MM the effort will always be there.
(25) PHRED - RE LakerTom imbroglios- LT, I’m thinking you are probably still going to be around reading this, or if not, somebody might tell you about it- (Blitz and mage- I can’t stop you from responding to this comment, but please take the spirit in which it is written to heart and do not piggyback any kind of comment to LakerTom in your response. Please, just don’t. No, let it go. Resist the temptation. If you do, I will be horribly offended and have to retaliate and call you all sorts of nasty names. No, wait, that was a joke, cause that is exactly the sort of thing I am ripping on.) I’m not going to apologize for making light of your heated disputes. Frankly, I hold you, Blitz and mage equally responsible for the ugly tone. You have admitted that you are thin skinned and are unwilling to let negative comments aimed at you pass, and you respond in kind. Nobody holds a gun to your head, but you insist on responding to insults and bringing up every past slight. Your reputation is not affected in my mind by the stuff that anyone says about you; obviously, anybody can wander onto the internet and say anything, and they probably will. If you want to get upset, fine, but I think people on here will judge you by what YOU say, not by what anyone says about you. You are a very popular commenter, and you don’t need me to defend your skills. I have already said that I really appreciate the stuff that you, Blitz and mage write when you don’t feel compelled to discuss each other. I would have to suggest that you simply do not read each other’s comments until you are able to talk to each other without getting upset. If you persist in doing so, I’m not going to have much sympathy. I hope that gets through to you on some level.
(26) SEELY-IGGY - Dear LakerTom, You've always been one of my favorite posters. Your postings are often insightful and well-written (and that compliment comes from a former journalist). I've always thought you would excel writing for a real sports news organization, and not just posting on a blog. Your postings are often better than some of the articles one reads on the major sports sections. I've learned a lot from reading your postings. It would be a big loss to this community if you were to never contribute again to the Laker blog. Please re-consider your decision.

*_______________________________________________________________
JustAnotherMambaFan – The Mamba Clan Thanks You For Your Leadership - BandWagon
*_______________________________________________________________
(01) HELLRAISER(CERTIFIED MAMBA FAN) – OWNER
(02) FAN OF THE MAMBA – DRIVER
(03) MAMBA24 – RIDING SHOTGUN
(04) BROWN-MAMBA24
(05) WHITE-MAMBA24
(06) BLACK-MAMBA24
(07) SEMPERFI-MAMNA
(08) DC-MAMBA
(09) CULVER-MAMBA

Hey guys, the chat launched yesterday but I think the post was timed up prematurely. Hence, why the chat wasn't initially open. It looks like several have been on and it's been open all day.

We will have a chat as well today for the USA-Spain game at 5 p.m. on NBA TV. I'm again going to be doing family stuff, but I'll make sure the chat starts off without any problems.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

MM

We should also have a post up within the next hour or so, and it will serve as the only post before the chat.

MM

*___________________________________________________________________*
LROB , OUTSTANDING PROFILE – BANDWAGON
*___________________________________________________________________*
Wow, I'm first out of the gate. I was a little hesistant about completing the profile at first.
But now that its up...I guess I feel like...I feel like....oh well I'm at a lost for words, so I'll let
your Royal Purple Badness explain... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeLgcH6ynPw
*___________________________________________________________________*
(01) KOBEMVP888 – OWNER - Nice! I've been carrying on an enjoyable discussion with
today's featured Lakers fan. It's an honor.
(02) PSYCHEDLAKERGIRL – DRIVER - LRob - very cool going to MSU same time as Magic.
Nice tidbits we learned. FCM - I like this!
(03) WES – RIDING SHOTGUN - LRob, Great bridal shower story. I had to also attend a bridal
Shower once b/c my girlfriend didn't speak English well but my family wanted here there, and
though I stayed in another room, I had drinks and food made for me all day long. It was great. It
was really perfect and it made me realize thet men are missing out. Think about it--4-5 straight
hours where your gf is partying in the next room, having fun, not bothering you, being safe, not
driving, drinking and preparing for the afterparty while you watch football. Sounds great to me.
(04) MAMBA24 – RIDING SHOTGUN2 - LROB, MY BROTHER!!! I feel like I've known you all
my life. I wasn't going to fill out one of those forms but now with you for inspiration I think I
will. Oh by the way on the profile...OUT FREAKIN STANDING SIR!!!!!!!!
(05) LONGTIMELAKERLOVER – CHIEF OF STAFF - Thanks for sharing LRob. I love hearing everyone else's stories!
(06) LEWSTRS - LRob - nice to meet you sir...
(07) REDBLUFFPETE - LRob's memories of the 1985 win are on the mark. I still have the videotapes from those games, and look at them every now and then. Finally, finally, in 1985 we won a Final's series against a good Boston team. Boston fans and sometimes players always found ways to get under your skin, tick you off ... I loved it when they evaporated as contenders until 2008. Now we have to watch Kevin Garnett growl, and bark, and monkey down on the floor or Paul Pierce whine like Danny Ainge used to do about fouls .... some things never change.
(08) JAMIE SWEET - Nice feature, MM; LRob I liked your story about coming to LA in 2000. We gotta get you into Staples, it's a great basketball venue. Bring some beer Money, though; cha-ching!
(09) NEWMEXICOLAKERLIFER - LRob... I really enjoyed reading your profile!! Some interesting info. You have your self a great day!
(10) ENJOYTHERIDE - LRob, great read on your profile. I did not realize how long you have been a fan.
(11) YELLOWFEVER - Lrob thanks for sharing and great bridal shower story. bachelor party or laker game? that about a tough decision.. thank God for Tivo. it is the greatest invention for sports fans since sliced bread.
((12)DAVE M. LRob, a class act all the way.
(13) EDWIN GUECO - LRob, we should be learning from your experience over the years. Hope you can share more of your Laker linkages with the big wigs.
(14) MAGIC PHIL - LRob u r famous
(15)

FCM- I checked several times, and I never could even see the chat yesterday, let alone get into the chat. I still can't see the chat. What am I doing wrong?

Wes - thanks for allowing us to relive the pre-game 7 moment thru the eyes of Celtic fans. Good to know they're having a miserable summer...kinda makes up for summer of 84.

Crystal - A lot of us are really emotional when it comes to Shaq. How could you once don the P&G so proudly then leave and spew some of the venom like Shaq has? Now in the twilight of his career Shaq is one of the truly great players that doesn't have a true home. But he has no one to blame but himself. Who knows if he had shown some humility the Lakers might have resigned him and let him get another ring.

Anyway he deserves to have his jersey retired for the work he did on the court. I'm glad Dr. Buss isn't letting his emotions cloud his judgment.

LRob... Thanks for the Sota love!! You're are our star!! Prince was really looking young there. Hi to wifey and and WE'll be cheering on those Vikes today!!

phred - I'm not sure what you're doing wrong since I don't know what you're doing exactly lol. The chat box immediately allows you to post comments from the thread. If you want to post using twitter, you just got to the G-Snap website and login from there. Lemme know if there's anything else I can do to help.

MM

hey LRob, dr. buss is a better man than I. I hope what happens is after Shaq's career is over that he makes overtures to the Lakers and get back in, if not good graces, but at least exceptable decorum.

LakerTom, I hope you don't leave this blog. You are the only person that i actually seek out to read. Please don't be so thin skinned like Shaq but be tough like Kobe. No way a few disgraceful critics ever stop Kobe from being Kobe. So LakerTom, I hope you staying being LakerTom.

*___________________________________________________________________*
LROB , OUTSTANDING PROFILE – BANDWAGON
*___________________________________________________________________*
your Royal Purple Badness explain... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeLgcH6ynPw
*___________________________________________________________________*
today's featured Lakers fan. It's an honor.
Nice tidbits we learned. FCM - I like this!
will. Oh by the way on the profile...OUT FREAKIN STANDING SIR!!!!!!!!
(06) LEWSTRS - LRob - nice to meet you sir...
(09) NEWMEXICOLAKERLIFER - LRob... I really enjoyed reading your profile!! Some interesting info. LRob... Thanks for the Sota love!! You're are our star!! Prince was really looking young there. Hi to wifey You have your self a great day!
((12)DAVE M. LRob, a class act all the way.
(14) MAGIC PHIL - LRob u r famous
(15)

Props to both Zaira and LRob on your profiles. Outstanding!

An important article in today's LA Times about our responsibilities and liabilities as bloggers. "We have seen a steady growth in litigation over content on the Internet," said Sandra Baron, executive director of the Media Law Resource Center in New York. Although bloggers may have a free-speech right to say what they want online, courts have found that they are not protected from being sued for their comments."

*____________________________________________________________*
JUSTANOTHERMAMBAFAN – THE MAMBA CLAN THANKS YOU FOR YOUR
OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP OF THE FAMILY THIS YEAR - BANDWAGON
*____________________________________________________________*
(01) HELLRAISER(CERTIFIED MAMBA FAN) – OWNER – JustAnotherMambaFan We
Thrive on being The Best We Can Be !! As Long As We Have Kobe And Thee!!
(02) FAN OF THE MAMBA – DRIVER - You are indeed THE HEAD OF THE MAMBA CLAN!
(03) MAMBA24 – RIDING SHOTGUN – Yes your Magnificence, you are a wonderful Mamba
Clan Head. Now please don’t throat punch me. Lol! Just kidding! Excellent Leadership Justa!
(04) MAMBA24-FANFORLIFE
(05) BROWN-MAMBA24
(06) WHITE-MAMBA24
(07) BLACK-MAMBA24
(08) SEMPERFI-MAMBA
(09) DC-MAMBA
(10) CULVER-MAMBA

I don't know about you, but I think this is a legitimate reason to give pause the next time I consider going "over the top" with what I post here. Just thought it was valuable to share this with you. Posted by: Rick Friedman | August 22, 2010 at 07:06 PM
GOD$$^&^%##*, I don't know about you but, I think this post was...OUT FREAKIN STANDING SIR!! KUDOS!!

*___________________________________________________________________*
LROB , OUTSTANDING PROFILE – BANDWAGON
*___________________________________________________________________*
your Royal Purple Badness explain... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeLgcH6ynPw
*___________________________________________________________________*
today's featured Lakers fan. It's an honor.
Nice tidbits we learned. FCM - I like this!
"
"
"
(14) MAGIC PHIL - LRob u r famous
(15) JEFE101 - MM's profiles are a stroke of genius and I look forward to the rest of the series as it has really helped to gain a better understanding of some of the best Laker fan minds and personalities that I believe exist in the world. LRob and Zaira are two of the best, and I can only imagine what's in store for the dozen or so other big time contributors to this blog
(16) CRYSTAL - Hey LRob, dr. buss is a better man than I.
(17) RICK FRIEDMAN - Props to both Zaira and LRob on your profiles. Outstanding