Lakers Now

Round-the-Clock Purple and Gold

« Previous Post | Lakers Now Home | Next Post »

Ron Artest releases rap single 'Champion'

--Mark Medina

Follow the L.A. Times Lakers blog on Twitter: twitter.com/latmedina. E-mail the Lakers blog at mgmedin@gmail.com

 
Comments () | Archives (100)

The comments to this entry are closed.

I've been in travel the last few days. Have any of the trolls apologized? I'd like to know. If anyone would update me, I'd appreciate it.

I know everyone is jumping to the offseason. Let's just savor this moment for now.

What do we play for? RINGS!!!

Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever.

GO LAKERS!!!!

Posted by: Jon K. | June 19, 2010 at 08:37 PM


Hi Jon K., good to know you are back to every Lakerholic holy land.

I've only seen BUTLER and he congratulate us for the wining. I don't know about the green regulars, i haven't seen anyone of those around in the posts i've seen. I don't remember the last time i saw Red, but in spite his team was up in the games, his spirit seemed broken already, his posts lacking the usual "i'll teach you - i know more than you - my team is far better" attitude.

JonK back in cali? whats up Jon.. fill me in please.

This rap is actually pretty darn good. Nice job Ron!!!

Hope Artest makes money.

His before taxes $6 million Lakers salary doesn't go far in LA & NYC.

He fancies himself as an entertainer so we'll see if the public is buying.

From the record ....

Bynum is better than Bosh.

Bosh is a 4 and Bynum is a 5.

Kobe crashed into Bynum's knee causing the problem.
Glad it wasn't the other way around.

Bynum is the Lakers future make no mistake.

I actually like it. He must have a good producer who understands his level of talent and made sure he stayed in his "pocket". It might actually sell pretty well.

--FEARless

"Secondly, Pau then becomes the Center and Look what Perkins did to him Game 5 when Bynum left for the locker room. Pau is a DOMINANT POWER FORWARD--END OF STORY!!!!"

Hmm Gasol Game 1: 23 points 13 rebounds against Garnett/Rasheed/Perkins.
That's not if that's FACT.

Hmm Bynum 30 min playing Perkins was mostly guarding him so don't credit Perkins but rather Garnett who played very solid defense there on Pau.

Get the facts straight man!

" Pau playing full time Center, Lamar no longer coming off the bench, and LeBron at Power Forward, THEN WE MIGHT AS WELL CHANGE OUR TEAM NAME TO THE 'CAVALIERS'!!!!"

Um that was just even more confusing than 3 computers tied together LOL. But finally got what you are saying but lemme show what WOULD happen if we did get Lebron in return for Bynum:

C-Gasol, PF-Odom, SF-Lebron, Artest as 6th man either SF or PF. Odom-Gasol works BETTER than Bynum-Gasol. Then you got Lebron and Kobe and that makes almost all other shortcomings MOOT. We win 09 and 10 with a 34/35 year old at PG being torched by every PG in the league!

"NOT A GREAT IDEA. HE'LL BE SPENT BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!"

2008-2009 Season. Wins over Boston, Cleveland. Pau plays 40 min in the playoffs with Bynum being a foul dummy then and mostly at center. Now you are admitting it's to ensure he stays fresh...fine put Bosh at C for short term with Odom at PF while Gasol gets rested up. We still won games with DJ Mbenga backing up and Bosh is a better big man than DJ Mbenga overall (not shot blocking wise).

Ask Tim Duncan how many rings he won without David Robinson taking the pressure off of him....oh that's right he still won his 2 rings despite playing center mostly even though he is listed at PF. Same story with Gasol!

"KB Blitz, YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BREAKING UP A BACK-2-BACK CHAMPIONSHIP LINEUP!!!"

I don't see Ron Artest in any of the 2008-2009 championship shirts. Do you see it Hobbitmage? I certainly don't see Trevor Ariza's name in the new 2009-2010 shirts either so it isn't the same line up..... oh you are talking about the PF-C slots I believe well lets see Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom are still here, both guys got the majority of minutes on the court vs Andrew Bynum so not really breaking up back to back championship lineup.........

Thanks for informing me though you would think the caps are little too much energy spent shouting at me instead of at the parade? :P

FEERLESS,

I agree. The way music is purchased these days it may do very well. Purchasing singles on the net is where its at.

We as fans should all support Ron and buy this tune. We owe it to him bigtime for his performance in game 7.

Laker Tom,

You are correct. Love Jordan and his game since Taft high school. His Lakers apprenticeship behind Fisher made him mature as a player and a person. Farmar appreciates offensive efficiency like no other young point guard. He played 4 years knowing regardless of great play he would get 18 minutes max while turnovers get him 14 minutes. Other teams have noticed Farmar contributing to 2 championships and 1 Finals appearance. A western conference team may make him an offer just to get back at Lakers.

Farmar is going to go at the Lakers hard especially D. Fish. Farmar will dominate D. Fish in a playoff series like he did in practice when Fisher guarded him.

As long as PJ is coach its Fish. Phil compensates for Fishers defensive liabilities by putting Kobe on Westbrook and Rondo. However, Farmar defends Westbrook and Rondo, when he is on the floor.

Can't imagine Lakers would offer Fisher much money as its doubtful he will have other NBA offers.

Keeping Fisher and losing Farmar is old over young with experience ... and its inevitable.


Agree Sasha and Brown aren't true point guards....

But it has been said by many the triangle doesn't depend on traditional pat the rock PGs. Its motion, spacing and passing. Sasha would contribute more than Fisher if given Fishers minutes.

KB Blitz, Hobbit.

I love you your guys passion for the game and our Lakers.

That being said.

Both of you refuse to give Bynum credit for his career high performance and other good games he has had in the past because of the quality of his opponent.But yet, you want Drew to play with great effort in each and every game

There are only a few quality Centers in the NBA at the moment. Boston and Orlando both have great centers. Are these the games we use as measuring sticks? And should drew only play hard in these regular season series? Since they are the only ones that matter to you guys? (im assuming your answer will be YES).

I dont hear other fans complain about the Centers DH and Perkins match up against. Its not like they can pick and choose.

I have much respect for all our bloggers and you both are very intelligent fans.

Give Drew some Love! You wont regret it.

Nice job RonRon, time to cash in your fame.

Here is a player who has changed his persona ever since he joined the Lakers, became a peaceful professional, a great teammate, gained confidence on his importance to the team and build a new character for less money. However, his new persona would have more value than a contract with former cuckoo Artest.

I wish that this will also apply to Lakers Blog that we become better fans who could exercise self control in posting. There is a time to whine, a time to be a cheerleader and a time to celebrate. Tomorrow and on Monday are the time to celebrate. If Artest became a better person after joining the Lakers, we should also prepare ourselves to be better Laker fans when we join the Lakers Blog.

* Stop hiding in multiple handles in putting down someone. That's cowardice action that will not influence people and create friendship.

The beginning was good...but it go mono-tone and lyric....need some upbeat or Akron? MORE beat and movitation...in other words, it became like chanting......so need some uplift lyric like Enenem? so on ...hope this song gets improve ...sale more!!

for those of you hoping to give bynum another year.. SWELL.. i love the kid and would love to see that beast again.. but look at the FLIP SIDE.. if he blows his knee again... thats IT.. we'll have no more takers for him and thats 16MIL of caps space for 2 more years... oh and btw coincidentally in 2 more years kobe's contract expires and that will be the end of his peak years..

personally i'm not much of a risk taker.. kind of risk averse by nature.. maybe that explains my position on bynum but that is just too much risk for me..

if toronto ever puts that deal on the table i guarantee kupchak will snatch it in a heartbeat... JMO...

a sign and trade is ideal for both teams.. bosh takes less money and goes where he wants to go. and nobody will deny he wants to play here like *REALLY BAD* considering how he hung around staples during the playoffs (much like artest 2 years ago)... toronto also takes a chance on a center with huge upside as opposed to losing him and getting nothing in FA...

and lakers no longer have to worry about the high risk of injury to any of their core players.. they would have a starting lineup of kobe, pau, artest, and bosh for the next 2 years... pretty close to a guaranteed 4PEAT if you ask me... things could get very interesting this offseason.. stay thirsty my friends..

Lakers will not trade Andrew Bynum for almost anybody in the league. They aren't stupid.

Not only is Bynum bigger than Bosh,

Bynum is BETTER than Bosh.

ChicNStu,

you wrote: I love you your guys passion for the game and our Lakers.

That being said.

Both of you refuse to give Bynum credit for his career high performance and other good games he has had in the past because of the quality of his opponent.But yet, you want Drew to play with great effort in each and every game

There are only a few quality Centers in the NBA at the moment. Boston and Orlando both have great centers. Are these the games we use as measuring sticks? And should drew only play hard in these regular season series? Since they are the only ones that matter to you guys? (im assuming your answer will be YES).

I dont hear other fans complain about the Centers DH and Perkins match up against. Its not like they can pick and choose.

I have much respect for all our bloggers and you both are very intelligent fans.

Give Drew some Love! You wont regret it.

my response: so ... You seem to be arguing that the level of competition
doesn't matter. If that were the case then whether or not you won a
championship wouldn't matter because it doesn't matter who you beat.
Can we agree that this is not what you mean and that the level of competition
does matter?

yes, I want Bynum to play with effort every night & every day. Why?
Magic did. MJ did. Kobe does.

No, My answer is no.
Where did you get the idea that Bynum should only play hard in a few
select games?

You're not making much sense to me. Let me make my point and maybe
you can address it.

Bynum should give 100% each & every game. MJ did it. Kobe does it.
Every Laker should do it. If they don't want to do it they should play
for a different team. Is that clear?

and lakertom, who i have great respect for.. sorry if this bynum thing goes against every bone in your body but putting all emotions aside for a second.. if bynum gets hurt again whether short or long term it really could be catastrophic..

and btw bosh contrary to ur opinion really is great rebounder and a really good underrated defender who would bring it every night.. also could co-exist with pau really well considering he can be an effective weapon without taking one of the post positions from pau or kobe... he could add another dimension to our offense by being an outside threat at the 4.

and edwin.. i admire your passion but some things are just much better when left alone.. like the trolls.. trying to convert them is an exercise in futility and a complete waste of your time.. trust me on this bro!!


I agree with you yellofever, hard to convert things when it's too late to do so at this stage of life. There is always some wise guy who will be displeased. Just venting on people celebrating when we were just preparing the 7th game and now propagating their own roster before celebrating the parade. The timing is always off, putting the cart before the horse like Simers and Plaschke. Why can't we enjoy these precious moments as back-to-back Champs, honor our athletes during the parade.

Once it is over, we don't careless if you go back to the repertoire of tearing one another by promoting one's fanaticism to particular players.

hahaha. i'm laughing at shaq right now. i'm sure he would love to get back to the lakers right now but his big ego failed him. his "kobe, how does my ____ taste" rap sounds like he was happy to see the kobe and therefore the lakers lose. HE was rooting for the lakers to Lose! are you kidding me? f-shaq. and he should never be on the rafters of the staple center. he can get his jersey retired in miami, orlando, phoenix or cleveland. but NOT with the Lakers. No jackass that celebrates and actively roots for the lakers to lose should not have his jersey retired with the #1 basketball organazation in the NBA. right now, this is KOBE land. I'd rather see Fishers jersey up there. one for the heart.

"Both of you refuse to give Bynum credit for his career high performance and other good games he has had in the past because of the quality of his opponent.But yet, you want Drew to play with great effort in each and every game"

In games that MATTER is where it is needed. Yes Kobe's 81 points against the Raptors was impressive and legendary and he did by leading out of a deficit. Did it help when it counted though in the playoffs against the Suns? Not really. You are measured by your competition. That's one reason why Wilt is knocked off statistically because for as immortal as he was in the regular season in the postseason his stats went down (though he did have to face against Bill Russell MANY times), while others like Jordan and Russell (Russell's scoring picked up in the playoffs to 20ppg) raised up their game when it mattered. Shaq did it when the playoffs came and Kobe after Shaq left raised his production.

Bynum's great games include a 42 performance against the Clippers yes and we both gave credit even though it was against DeAndre Jordan. And he had a great October. So it's not like we don't give him credit....we do it A TON.

We both gave him credit but where was his perofmance against when he was needed most (Shaq/Dwight):

09-10: Stat vs Cleveland (Shaq)

5.5ppg, 7.0rpg (Both times he was healthy).

09-10: Stat vs Orlando (Dwight)

6.5ppg 7.0rpg (Both times he was healthy).

A big reason why Bynum is needed is supposedly he can handle the big guys in the league so Pau doesn't need to. However both games Bynum faltered and wrecked in foul trouble and Pau took over. Yes Pau struggled against Cleveland but did VERY well against Dwight Howard so if the competition that Bynum is supposed to be for isn't used what's the purpose for Bynum? To stat jack on weaker teams? Not a knock on Kobe but there is a reason why Kobe nearly averaged a triple double on the Suns yet struggled once the Celtics played him. The competition was greater.

"I dont hear other fans complain about the Centers DH and Perkins match up against. Its not like they can pick and choose."

Orlando measures Dwight Howard to prime Shaq since both players style offensively is different (Dwight is 10x the Defensive Player Shaq is). Yao is measured (not literally) on his success as the franchise player of the Rockets and how deep they can go to the playoffs (only once beyond first round).

The point is that Bynum gets hyped so much ,gets paid nearly as much as Lebron James yet is more riding Kobe's coattails on winning titles and declared already a franchise player. When has Bynum LED? When has he declared "I'm taking over this game. This is an important game and I cannot stand to lose no more!"? When has his teammates instead of respect what he wants rather than fear what he wants so they do what he wants if things go awry? How many other teams FEAR him to the point where they will devote a ton more time on defensive adjustments to him rather than on his teammates?

That is what a franchise player is supposed to be? That's why Lebron James is feared more than just his talent (though he isn't a killer like Kobe/Jordan). That's why Wade is wanted that he can take over the game. That's why Bosh in the list even though his teams have been less talented than other superstars (seriously the 2nd option is an overrated Hedo who wants to be out of Toronto now after one year). That's why Dirk Nowitzki is on the list to get on 2010 even though he's very likely to return to Dallas.

If you ask almost everyone not wearing shades of purple and gold who the top players in the 2010 Free Agent Class is they would mention the names above. If you included Bynum you might get a few 'oooh's and ahhh's" but most teams will choose the names above before Bynum. Why? Because he hasn't done anything significant when it MATTERED. Wow an alley oop in Boston big deal. Has he had any game winners? Has he made the stop when it mattered? Has he proved the offense can FLOW with him at the end instead of Gasol-Odom that Jackson has always used at the end of games?

And for all the talk that Bosh is soft and Bynum is better and can handle the physicalness of the Celtics lets do a head to head comparison of each big man against the Celtics:

Bosh:
25.3ppg (64.4%), 11.7rpg, 2.0apg, 1.0blks

Bynum:
16.5ppg (50.0%), 10.0rpg, 0.5apg, 1.0blks

And the second game against Boston there was no Kobe to steal away Bynum's precious touches so can't use the argument about "too much talent". In fact Bosh targeted by the Celtics more had a BETTER FG% than Bynum who was covered first by Kobe then by Gasol/Odom.

A lot of us like Bynum simply because he chose to play injured. Yes he is full deserving of the guts that he got because of what he did. Did the Celtics care? Not really just as much as we didn't care that Perkins went down in Game 6. Also do we care much for Ariza anymore? No because Artest changed all of our minds. In the beginning people opposed the "trade" because Ariza was younger and it seemed at first he fit the Lakers more than Artest did. In some ways Ariza did at first seem better especially when Artest struggled. But Artest came out big even defensively when he didn't need to have to clutch steals to make up for the poor defensive performance Ariza had (mostly against Carmelo). He made Paul Pierce struggle without needed a clutch steal!

Again: Bynum is a great player who appears to fit in the Lakers. No on is denying that. When it comes to you guys who make it seem like he's the franchise player well go ahead and believe that. That's the problem ChicnStu and I think many people feel that we are bringing Bynum down by not acknowledging he's a franchise player? Why do we need to label Bynum as a franchise player to not be seen as "haters" or is Bynum immune to criticisms just because he played injured and that Bynum is the MVP next year of the league because he can make free throws better than most big men?

typo: putting the horse before the cart.

Man, I got home from work late and I’ve been drinking. I am having a ton of fun writing comments I will never post. To read these comments, please send 25$ and a self addressed envelope to;

phred phredington
123 E phredington street
Bum&^^!, South Dakota, 12345

Jeez, already with the off season talk, no time to stop to give props to phred? “Hey, great song, phred, even though you wrote it in December!’ Hey, thanks for stopping by to take part in the discussion, after TWO DAYS, phred!’ Hey phred, you were so right about the whole “WE GOT THIS’ thing!’ “hey, I want to offer my body to phred, cause he’s so hot!’ (wait, that’s probably not gonna work….um, Hey, great song, phred!’)

Yeep. One day, and the blog is in full hair splitting debate mode. Yeesh
Nah, I’m gonna be in there with the offseason talk in a few, once the hangover (real and metaphorical) wears off. Soon.

LAKERTOM- nah, just trying for attention. My starting offseason conversation salvo?

RAY FELTON.

Discuss.


Did we all make fun of the ‘our real starters are undefeated’ line? That was one of the stupidest quotes ever. I would like to point out that the starting five of the Memphis Grizzlies and Sacramento Kings have never even lost a playoff game. HA! The Lakers have never lost a playoff series with Adam Morrison on the bench. Give him a huge contract! Hillary Swank has never once refused to have intimate relations with phred phredington! Well, duh, who would?

YES, pHRED IS JOKING. EXCEPT ABOUT THE PART WHERE HE REALLY DID WRITE A BUNCH OF STUFF HE IS NOT GOING TO POST

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE LOVE

GO LAKERS!

How many injury free seasons does Andrew Bynum have?

How many teams would be willing to take a huge risk giving up value for someone who might be damaged goods?

About FARMAR: I think the guy is one of the worst defenders at his position in the league. I can count with one hand how many times he's not gone under a screen/pick. He doesn't even try.

I won't cry over him going elsewhere.

well said edwin...let us honor them in the parade.. i cant wait for the festivities to begin! speaking of parade anything announced yet?


Hobbit

point taken.

Like i said if you want 100% from Drew, we shouldnt downplay his efforts when he has a solid game regardless of the opponent.

You cant have it both ways.

Blitz

7 orebs isnt a bad game. Isnt that what you were preaching during the season.. for drew to concentrate on reb and defense and NOT on his offensive game?

I never said Drew was a franchise player. just a good player.

THE ANDREW BYNUM FOR CHRIS BOSH FANTASY…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am surprised how many bloggers apparently believe that Andrew Bynum for Chris Bosh is a trade that the Lakers would seriously consider, especially after Drew’s contributions to the team repeating. I suspect if MM were to run an instant poll that most Lakers fans would be far more appreciative of Drew’s playoff effort and future value than Hobbitmage and Blitz who seem to hold a grudge.
~
It would be one thing if there were credible rumors in the sports media indicating that the Lakers were considering or inviting offers to trade Drew, in particular since both Chris Bosh and the Toronto Raptors have both let it be known that they would favor such a trade. On the contrary, most of the NBA analysts are predicting the Lakers are not planning to make any major personnel moves.
~
A funny thing happened on the way to a championship this year. Andrew Bynum suddenly grew up before our very own eyes, playing through great pain and helping his team win a second straight NBA championship by focusing on defense and rebounding and anchoring the Lakers low post game and patrolling the paint and protecting the rim. Somehow, Hobbitmage and Blitz missed this event.
~
But the national sports analysts, opposing NBA teams, and the Drew’s teammates themselves didn’t. Listen to what Phil, Kobe, Lamar, Fish, and even Pau have to say about Drew’s value to the team, how he allows Pau to play his natural power forward position rather than center, something Pau made perfectly clear in his own remarks. Trading Drew for Bosh would force Pau to play out of position.
~
Finally, Chris Bosh is looking for a max contract, something the Lakers would not be willing to pay, especially since they are already paying Pau close to max money as well as Kobe. Bosh would cost the Lakers another $10M per year in salary and luxury taxes over what they are paying now with Drew. Just another reason why an Andrew Bynum for Chris Bosh trade is really just a fantasy. Come next October, Andrew Bynum will once again be the Lakers starting center as we target a three-peat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TOM

nice job on song ron. dam right ur a champion! way to keep it real in interviews and with the fans ron. i'm so happy for you. you deserve all good things coming ur way. if whole team played like u, Lakers would never lose! tru warrior no doubt! also lakers would not have won finals without bynum. even hurt he was a problem for celtics with his size. why would lakers trade that size advantage? farmar thinks he's starter material, but he's in for a rude awakening. he needs to make better decisions running an offense and play better defense. no way he can guard the top guards in the league. fisher just has a knack for giving the team what it needs at the right time which is what a good point guard is supposed to do. farmar just does not have that skill.

to be fair, as his psychiatrist has taken his share of credit for the championship, he should probably take his share of blame for this song. Of course, he might not have been consulted, but i'm pretty sure at some point he might be after this one.

Ron, man, I love you. If you need a songwriter in the future, please send a short note to

phred phredington
123 E phredington street
Bum&^^!, South Dakota, 12345


LOL.

just kidding. I think.

"Bynum immune to criticisms just because he played injured"

Yes, judge him when he is healthy, not now, but after playing injured don't think he will recover anymore. So many of you think that we can throw him to the rubbish now, isn't?

I usually like to be fair, and i think he did his best on all playoff games and i'd like to see many of you playing with a destroyed (drained each game) knee.

All we have our POV and all are respectable


Well sorry i made a mistake, he was drained two or three times dont' rememebr now.

Andrew Bynum will not be traded. Why? Because, after years of childish temper tantrums, inconsistent offense (20/10 one night, 6/5/5 fouls the next 2 nights) freakish knee injuries that made him scared to play when it mattered (2009 Finals) and perpetual journeys into the deep dark hole of depression because Phil put him on blast in Laker Insider Reports, AB did something we've all been waiting for.
*
He manned up.
*
He stopped the bitchin & crying and baptized himself into the ways of the Black Mamba. He played through the pain. He ignored the doctors requests and fought on through. Why? BECAUSE HE WANTED TO.
*
As I said throughout the Finals, AB has made a believer out of me. He wants to play. He wants to contribute. He WANTS to crash them boards! He wants to fight for his right to play. We have been waiting for this display of intestinal fortitude from him for years. Finally...through this third setback...he gets it. Adversity reveals character. After seeing Andrew Bynum handle this bout of adversiy, I have no more doubts about his character.
*
ANDREW BYNUM AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE!!!

Bynum is the perfect option for the next years, his knees will be OK after this summer and one Bynum at 100% is the best new/trade for this Lakers Team.
----
Maybe they are looking for the new Fisher -years are there- and someone who give guaranties for 3 point shoots -one of the knives for triangle play- this team has wined two rings in three consecutive finals years... they deserve respect and credibility, fans who want to be technical assistants at same time are many thousands out there but the only ones who are entitled to do something about don't write their opinion on this blogs... just do their job in silence.
----
Now is time to celebrate the new ring not to trade anyone.
----

Be happy.

"7 orebs isnt a bad game. Isnt that what you were preaching during the season.. for drew to concentrate on reb and defense and NOT on his offensive game?"

ChicnStu 7 is how many POINTS Bynum averaged. He averaged 5 rebounds per game in the finals. That's below average even if Bynum didn't average as many minutes (actually Game 5 where he played 30 min 1 rebound hmmmmm). Minutes was a factor but wouldn't you expect someone who is TREATED like a franchise player (maybe not by you or FL Laker Fan or whoever but that was the whole point going for people who feel he is).

And yes that's what we did want but Bynum himself admitted "I play with more focus (since Pau was injured and Bynum got more touches). Bynum is a factor defensively for sure better than Powell and a better scorer than Jordan "I want to play elsewhere as long as I start" or wannabe Brandon Roy Shannon Brown but he won't be challenging Dwight Howard anytime soon.

And yes this is where you guys constantly misunderstand. We are not bashing Andrew Bynum. He's a good player (people fail to understand that part). This debate is for those who say he is A FRANCHISE PLAYER NOW! This isn't whether Bynum sucks or not or whether he played in spite of his injuries this is to all who thinks he's a franchise player and deserves to be the top of the totem pole in touches and think he's the next Shaquille O'Neal with a better skill set all because he can make free throws better than the Diesel! If you don't feel that way then please don't respond because debating whether Bynum sucks is NOT what this whole thing about and only becoming worst because only that he played being injured he is immune to criticism while Kobe played injured yet can receive criticisms for his crappy FG% in the Finals especially his terrible Game 7 Shooting % and people just keep on crying about it!

And last thing about this debate for the breakfast dude:

"Yes, judge him when he is healthy, not now, but after playing injured don't think he will recover anymore."

He WILL recover. This is not microfracture surgery unless the Lakers management has stated he will not get microfracture and he will be on time for next season. I expect him to be ready by training camp and I don't care if he is traded or not regardless he needs to shut his mouth next time on predictions and act like a FRANCHISE PLAYER he is being paid. Most People don't think he is but with $13 million dollars being paid with nearly being as paid as Lebron/Wade/Howard he needs to have a BIGGER impact if he is deserving for that contract and 8.6 points per game in the playoffs isn't going to cut it injury or not. He was paid to be the next franchise player, Kobe and Pau took it away from him and his fans most notably the people who believe he's the franchise player want to make it seem like he's the victim. Ron Artest heck even the one who is our defensive stopper rather than offensive threat still averaged more ppg despite a CRAPPY FG% of 40%. Bynum did not need to be the go to scorer, true but injury or not he needed to have an impact over some guy who came here for $5 million per year. People want to give him credit for this postseason for playing injured ....well where was the sympathy last year when he could have taken more time to recover yet wanted to get in the playoffs? Again Kobe had his knees drained and he went on a tear until the Finals.

For the last damn time: Andrew Bynum is a damn good player, center and when he puts his mind to it he's a very good 3rd option. For your sake this is not a bashing of Andrew Bynum but rather to his "Andrew Bynum is a franchise player" fans who overblow Bynum's playing through injury out of proportion and while it is very admirable for him to be playing through injury it is a whole ANOTHER thing for him to be called a franchise player and immune to criticism!

And don't forget to give your father's and grandpa's a happy father's day!

I wrote a bit about Bynum for Bosh and point guards, spent a good 1/2 hour on it.

I clicked post and got "Sorry we can't accept this data." I copied it to the clipboard and now it's gone. The way the page loads reloads the text field it was not saved as it is on some other sites.

Very frustrating. Thanks LA Times!

Benjamin- sounds like a nicer response than you might have gotten otherwise.

It's a good thing we got all summer.

ANDREW BYNUM AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE!!!


Posted by: utzworld - THE ONCE AND FUTURE BANNER HOLDER | June 20, 2010 at 02:05 AM

Loved that entire post, utz....and I certainly believe that the best is yet to come for Andrew Bynum!!!

concerning Jordan Farmar...

After all his time on the Lakers, I still don't have a completely formed opinion about him. Sometimes, he shows flashes of brilliance. I've wondered if his talents are being held back by the system that he lays under (Triangle Offense) or is he just not that telented.

Many say that DFish is old, slow and a liability as a starter. Yet, Jordan can't take the old man's job.

One thing I believe that would help Jordan is some additional weight and muscle. I don't want to sound like Mike T. here, but Jordan isn't ready to absorb the punishment that defending the pick and roll requires. He is pick shy and that's a big factor in his inconsistent defense. To reach his full potential, JF has got to become a better defender.

J O M O
Just One Man's Opinion

Benjamin,

That 'sorry we can't accept this data' is pretty frustrating, I have lost a few too.

If you are going to write anything more than a short post you may want to open a Word doc or a blank email and write it, then copy paste to the blog window.

Oops...

I meant the "system he PLAYS under" not LAYS.

Hate typos.

Not really into rap...but I guess Ron's side is OK. Hell, he can't do anything wrong for me after his game 7!!!

To your final statements: We agree.

That being said, you do realize that we could/should whip off another 3 in
a row, right? We would be the first team, since the Celtics of the 60's, to
win more than 3 in a row.

Imagine a year where the Lakers lose less than 10 games. Imagine a 16-0
run in the playoffs. It's a possibility for this Lakers team, but only if everyone
gives 110%.

That is my dream for the Lakers. What's yours?
Posted by: hobbitmage | June 19, 2010 at 06:15 PM
=================

hobbitmage,

I'm glad we agree on the key points (my final statements) about Bynum:

What I have argued in the past and still believe is that I think Bynum is a very good fit for this Laker team, he doesn't need to match Pau's stats to be effective.

He may not be the best center in the league but he might become that.

Most importantly, he plays a very good role with Pau, Kobe, Ron and LO, he is an excellent fit here.

They all compliment each other very well. They are all parts of a puzzle that fit together just right to complete the picture.

I don't think Bosh fits into Bynums role as well as Bynum does right now.
=====================

In summary it appears your only real complaint about Bynum is that he give 100% every game, or was it 110%. I suppose LO and the rest also need to make that commitment.

You have very lofty expectations, I'm glad I don't work for you, lol, you'd probably fire me :)

I understand your 'be the best you can be attitude'.

But I don't think it's fair to expect Drew or anyone else to have the same work ethic as Kobe. Kobe is an oddity, he has an obsessive-compulsive disorder approach to his life, to basketball. He is maniacal. Some might call this a personality flaw of sorts, but Kobe has channeled this into his profession and the results speak for themselves.
Other successful people in other fields have his type of personality and it propels them to success, but it just isn't fair to expect others to be this way. Fact is, they can't.

I have worked for people like this. It's a nightmare.
Maybe it's one reason that, in general, the greatest players don't become very good head coaches.

As for the Lakers beating the Bulls record and total domination, here's a quote from 2 people who should know about such things:

"“I don’t think there’s any chance that we’re going to get anywhere close to 70 wins,” he said. “I’m not going to say that we can’t win60, but I don’t think that there’s a chance [at 70] — and that’s if everything goes well health-wise. Traveling in the West is just too difficult. Changing time zones, it just makes it very difficult to be consistent night in and night out on the road.”

Jackson has said in the past that centrally located teams (such as, well, Chicago) aren’t as fatigued because they never have cross-country trips. In fact, Kobe Bryant spoke with him a few years ago about the favorable geography of that Bulls team.

“Chicago is smack-dab in the middle, so the travel time isn’t as big as going from the West Coast all the way to the East Coast. It’s a three-hour trip either way you look at it,” Bryant said Wednesday. “Those players are more well-rested, have more energy, better legs. It’ll be extremely difficult for any team to do that now, particularly a team that’s on the West Coast.”

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2008/12/04/phil-jackson-says-bulls-record-is-safe/
================

Yes, all of us Laker fans would love to see the Lakers totally dominate the league, that's a great dream to have as long as it's tempered by reality. I don't think there are any teams, and not very many players, that can go 'all out' over an 82 game schedule.

Count on this, the Lakers will under perform at times and lose games next year that will drive us all crazy.

I am quite happy just to see the Lakers win the Finals.

Art-FL...

Excellent point about the geographic advantage that the Chicago Bulls had. That's something that's never dawned on me before. That's why I love this blog. It really is a fountain of information and insight. Thanks!

I say Bynum should get one more year before everyone makes their conclusions on him. With successful surgery on the knee, some great rehab, more time with the Cap Kareem...and let see how he does in 2010-2011...

When it comes to AB, the main question is 'the injury prone' factor...
But you have seen what he is capable of, how dominating he can be, the raw talent and skill that can be cultivated...

The Lakers have made their goals evident, in signing him to his mega contract...I say..."I defer to Mitch"

The Bosh for AB trade...I agree, let's enjoy the parade first...The off season will be long and brutal...Great time to fill the pages with all the trade talk...But one point I would like to state...Bosh has been always a #1 option on offense...can he adjust to being a role player and #3 option....

If the Lakers had interest in Bosh, and I think they do. (PJ paid a hefty fine for just saying he could be a good fit for us) The player that makes the most sense in a sign and trade would be Lamar.

Would we want to give up Lamars inconsistency for Bosh's great medium range jumper?

Boston would have no real answer for Bosh in our line up. He could be our modern day McAdoo.

To get the salary equal to what Bosh wants we would have to throw in another 5 mil. Let's see...who could that be?

Oh please let it be Luke...please, please,please!

I could not think of a better Father's Day gift than our Championship.

Thank you Dr. Buss, the patriarch of our Lakers family.

Happy Father's Day to you and to all the Lakers Fathers on the planet!

Lewstrs -

We did pay a hefty some for AB, but the contract is short. If his knee did go down it would not be burdening the franchise for that long.

Worthy risk in my assumption to keep him, because if he does work out. We have the makings of one of the great teams in NBA history.

_________________________________________________

Pau Gasol before the Lakers, never won a playoff game. Some here said it was because he was soft and it was a mistake to bring him in. (You know who you are)

2 1/2 years since arriving and paired with Kobe.

47 playoff wins, 3 trips to the Finals, and 2 NBA Championships. Both Titles against tough physical teams.

Good Morning Nation...

I would like to wish all the fathers a, HAPPY FATHERS DAY...

I have been blessed with 2 wonderful children, that I would say are the best 2 things I have done in my life...

My daughter, the oldest will be graduating law school next year. She goes to school in Sactown, and works for the Sac District Attorneys office...She is a rabid Laker fan, so she came out OUTSTANDING...

My son will be attending CSUN the next semester, transferring for SMC...he is cuurently a lifeguard for LA County...he is not into BB, and is a swimmer for the SMC team...but if he had to pick a team it would be the Lakers...

Bear with me, I had to brag about my kids, but it's Fathers Day, the one day we all should reflect what a father is all about...

It's you duty to pass on the fan hood, and make the next generation of Laker fans...lol

Have a safe and wonderful Fathers Day all...

Art - FL Lakers Fan,

you wrote: I don't think Bosh fits into Bynums role as well as Bynum does right now.
=====================

In summary it appears your only real complaint about Bynum is that he give 100% every game, or was it 110%. I suppose LO and the rest also need to make that commitment.

You have very lofty expectations, I'm glad I don't work for you, lol, you'd probably fire me :)

I understand your 'be the best you can be attitude'.

But I don't think it's fair to expect Drew or anyone else to have the same work ethic as Kobe. Kobe is an oddity, he has an obsessive-compulsive disorder approach to his life, to basketball. He is maniacal. Some might call this a personality flaw of sorts, but Kobe has channeled this into his profession and the results speak for themselves.
Other successful people in other fields have his type of personality and it propels them to success, but it just isn't fair to expect others to be this way. Fact is, they can't.

I have worked for people like this. It's a nightmare.
Maybe it's one reason that, in general, the greatest players don't become very good head coaches.

my response:

With respect, I think you're being much more lenient on Bynum than your
boss would be on you. Assuming you're not self-employed.

Let's toss some numbers at this and see if I can get my point across....

Your company sells bicycles. Each employee needs to put together 10
bicycles per day, so that your can pay all the bills which include salaries.
You have 5 employees each shift, so that's 50 bicycles each shift. Every
extra bicycle is extra $ to be split amongst employees.

In the month of December Bynum's bicycle production went from 10 to 4
bicycles per day.

There is no way on God's green earth that you or your boss is going to
tolerate that type of low performance for a long time. Stop it. Don't kid
yourself and don't kid me.

Are you going to say, "Well Kobe makes 20 bicycles, so what's the problem?"
That means that instead of making extra $$ you just broke even. Once
again, stop that. That's not how business goes. *YOU* wouldn't want to
carry the load because you have a wife & kid and baby needs a new pair of
shoes. Victora's secret is having a sale and justa needs something sexy.
You're not going to be ok making up for a slacker, so just stop this weak
reasoning. It's not true in the real world and it shouldn't be true in sports.
Before you try to wiggle out of this, I'm not talking about Bynum having an
off day once every 6 months. I wouldn't have ever mentioned this if it had
been that short a duration.

re: Bynum's role. Ummm ... We just saw Artest take Ariza's role and we
found out that his hustle worked out just fine. With respect, if you're willing
to trade/gamble on Artest for Ariza ... then not being willing to trade/gamble
on Bosh for Bynum is pure hypocrisy.

To clarify: Ariza was loved, shot the ball well & played good defense &
was critical to the championship. We let him go & upgraded.

Bynum is loved, has consistently been injured, has not had over-whelming
numbers, has not made clear plays that were critical to the championship.
So ......

Since you're talking about roles ... Bynum got out-rebounded by a midget
in houston. He got outworked by an old guy in Chicago. He got punked
by an old guy on Christmas ..... Are you really saying that Bosh couldn't
do those same things?

Have you noticed that Bynum's rebounding has decreased 3 years in a row?
Have you noticed that his shot blocking has decreased from 3 years ago?

Are you paying *ANY* attention to what he is factually doing other than
him playing hurt?

Yes, I've said: there are lies, damn lies & statistics. Yes, I stand by that.
That does not give *us* the license to say a guy played great when he shot
15% from the field.

Maybe you should actually say what Bynum's role is. Then we could
actually articulate why Bosh can or cannot address it.

Here's a slightly different question for you: If you're got two all-star
caliber PF's on your team ... does the one playing C take as much physical
abuse?

LakerTom makes a good point on Bosh getting a max contract. Bynum for Bosh is blog trade, not liekly in real life.


The other issue is that Bosh is a PF. Look, there are a lot of good PFs in the world, and most teams runs with two of them (like the Lakers do with Gasol and Odom).


Bynum is a much more unique player. As Doc Rivers said, with his huge wingspan, he is as long as Yao Ming inside. He is a true center. He has good hands, great footwork. He has grown up playing hurt in these playoffs.


Is he a risk? Yes. But his injuries have been legit, guys landing on his knees and taking him out. It isn't like he is just injury prone and comes up lame over nothing. Kobe has been hurt a lot the last two years too.


The upside of a heathy Bynum, who almost nobody in the NBA doesn't have problems with, is huge. They can't afford a Bosh contract, so what you be trading him for?


Every coach of every team the Lakers beat in these playoffs talked about their length being something they couldn't overcome. Bynum's is the longest dude down there, and he is a skilled big besides. He will be back. It's a risk worth taking for a few titles.

We took a chance signing Drew to the big contract in 2008 considering his injury history. The gamble has unarguably paid off, complete with revenge of the best sort against the HATED Celtics.

The most significant play of the Finals was in game 6, Drew committing a hard foul like a real center needs to. I don't like to see Perkins hurt of course, but hard fouls are a key part of playoff basketball. Physical Boston was smacked down and run over by the more physical Lakers. Without Drew, you are demanding Ron Artest be the sole physical enforcer... which seems like a really, really bad idea to me.

Tom Thibodeau leaving the Celtics, is the main reason Doc Rivers is considering not coming back...

We all know he is the one behind the good defense...and maybe behind their success with the big 3...

Doc is just a cheerleader coach, he should take their PR job instead...

LAMO

IMO, no Bosh for Bynum. If you want Bosh, it comes at the expense of a 6'10 forward that can grab a board and take it coast to coast.

Even saying this, it wouldn't be a terrible trade to give up Bynum but NOT because of the injury thing... it's the same injury; a fluke injury where Kobe went sideways into his knee.

NYC loves the Lakers!!! Not sure if you guys can view it, but this is a photo album of the Lakers Finals meetup of NYC Lakers fans.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=13016&id=105705346129469

I'm still celebrating, still get goosebumps whenever I watch game 7 and NBATv's 2010 Final's sights and sounds. I love our Lakers! So much respect and love for each other. 3Peat baby!!!

Mitch will try to keep the team as is which we all know would be good enough to get a 3rd chip.

The young free agents with a bit of a rep should go wherever they can get max $. We scoff at numbers but a million here or there and pretty soon you're talkin' real money. An up and coming player should go for every extra dollar per.

It's evidently fun to talk about but, gotta say it.... MITCH GOT THIS.


Hard to be a part time anything and that even includes rapping. Songs's cool enough, Ron's just not sure where 1 is.

U must be kidding me? A rap song? Who'd a thunk it! Some black dude with a crapping rap song...My My.

hobbitmage,

Just so you know, I am self-employed :)

I don't think we are on the same page here.

I'm not trying to wiggle out of anything, I just don't think your bicycle selling analogy is comparable to the performance of professional athletes. However, as someone who used to work in sales and manage sales people I can tell you for a fact that sales people do indeed go into slumps.

Lol, you sure are tenacious.

And here I thought I read you agreed with my summary.

==========
To your final statements: We agree.

Posted by: hobbitmage | June 19, 2010 at 06:15 PM

==========

Ok, so I guess you changed your mind, as evidently you don't agree after all.

As I posted previously, I too was disappointed with Drew in December but you are using that to continue a debate on a point I have already ceded.

I also said that now 6 months later I am willing to overlook what happened in December. In other words, I changed my mind.

You posted a list of questions about how he will perform next year, will he do this, that, etc.

I have no problem with those questions, let's wait and see what happens

You wrote: "We just saw Artest take Ariza's role and we found out that his hustle worked out just fine. With respect, if you're willing to trade/gamble on Artest for Ariza ... then not being willing to trade/gambleon Bosh for Bynum is pure hypocrisy."

C'mon now already, that's nothing short of borderline ridiculous, not what I expect from you.

First of all, I have proposed that I thought it would have been best to keep Ariza and Artest.

I was not a fan of this trade when it first happened, I liked Ariza so stop with the hypocrisy already. Yes, Ron won me over.

For the sake of your argument, let's say I was in favor of the Ron/Trevor trade. Just because someone favored that trade but doesn't favor the Drew/ Bosh trade doesn't make them a hypocrite.

Are you really trying to claim that if someone supports one trade but not another they are a hypocrite? Really?

Look hobbitmage, if you are in favor of the Bosh trade for Bynum that's fine, be in favor of it.

But a number of posters have spoken up about their thoughts on this, some in favor of the trade, most not in favor, and that's their opinion they are entitled to. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. There's no point in me repeating the strengths of Bynum pointed out by numerous others, including the post right under yours by Tom Daniels.

I don't know if Bosh would improve the team and neither do you. It's all speculation. You can post all the stats you want to of Bynum and Bosh and it won't change a thing.

Even KB Blitz said, "Bynum is a great role player".

I think a key to the greatness of the Lakers is the combination of role players they have put together. Too many cooks (stars) spoil the broth.

I am sticking to what I wrote in my last post:

"Most importantly, he plays a very good role with Pau, Kobe, Ron and LO, he is an excellent fit here.

They all compliment each other very well. They are all parts of a puzzle that fit together just right to complete the picture."

Honestly this is a debate to nowhere between us.
We've both said about all that can be said and we aren't going to change the others opinion.


Ron Ron, very well done on your song my friend!

You know what I like about Ron? The fact that he thinks of defense as a TEAM. I think his presence alone makes up for not only Trevor, but Rambis as well. The ability for him to take his man one-on-one or switch with out power forwards and guards makes this team very difficult to beat.
***
While everyone disparages Fisher, the combination of Fish/Kobe/Artest on the perimeter as a UNIT is very formidable. Their ability to get through screens is much more important than having a quick guard. No one person is going to stay in front of Deron, Nash, Rondo, or whomever. The emphasis of our point guard search should be FIT and familiarity with the team defensive concept with a base level of athleticism and good shooting.

In the midst of Championship fury an euphoria, we lost a good guy......

"He always did a lot for his people. He gave his own money to support his people who were starving." - Don Nelson in 2002

" He was continually giving of himself through his generosity and humanitarian efforts in order to make the world around him a much better place." - Ed Stefanski, 76ers president and general manager

"I never thought about the money I lost," "It wasn't lost. It helped Sudan." - Bol told the New York Daily News in 2004.

~~ what an awesome obituary for the tallest guy, the lean star without a ring but has unequaled big heart. He is a real MVP in life for the people of Sudan.

hmmmm, any such rap by Artest is more aptly entitled "CHUMP"!!!! (& NEVA champ!)

Again I paused this question yesterday and nobody is responding....

We are partying tomorrow somewhere in Figueroa, how many of the bloggers here who lived in LA would like to join. Remember, no arguments, no debates purely JOY & CONTENTMENT. We will not announce here on the blog but you can email M/M or log in on Faith's blog: (http://faithdalakerfan.wordpress.com/2009/10/27/we-are-the-champions/#comment-88033 )
if you wish to attend.

C E L E B R A T I O N S......WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS in '09 & '10.

Happiness forever, we just beat the Celtic Leprechauns ho ho ho ho ho!


Trade Bynum for Bosh if that trade is available. I can't believe that people will think that keeping an oft injured center is a good thing. I will be very urprised to still see Bynum in the league average 10 points and 8 rebounds, 5 years from now.
If we don't get him then it will be because Toronto did not want to make the trade, not because we did not want to.
Some of you act like you just started following the NBA. Show me a single player who has come back and has had any impact after having a surgery each year for 3 years.

greetings Allllllllllllllllll

Those of UUUUUUUUUUUUU, who r attending the parade, please have a few extra CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, and some shot outs for those of us who can not attend. tx

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAKERSSSSSSSSS

ChicNStu,

"JonK back in cali?"

I'm back, baby!

It'd be nice on draft day to have a beer with some of my fellow Lakeraholics. I'm presently in Woodland Hills. I have a job working in publishing putting together a guide for ethical consumerism, as well a bunch of freelance work doing consulting for large-scale music festivals.

It's good to be home. I walked in the Pacific Ocean yesterday. It was really nice. Then I went out to a club and danced for the first time in years. It felt so good.

In Ohio, no one moves their feet when they dance and they all dance with movements that scream, "LOOK AT ME!" At this little club I went to last night, people were actually just dancing to the music as opposed to screaming for attention with their body language. It was a beautiful thing.

Yeah, it's good to be home.

I'm going for a hike in Santa Monica Mountains now. I've learned from being away how important it is to utilize what you have and to appreciate the little things.

When you're given a gift, don't waste it.

What do we play for? RINGS!!!

Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever.

GO LAKERS!!!!

KB Blitz, Are You a Defense Attorney? Your Arguments Just Seem to Rattle Off Based Upon Partial Facts and Illogical Reasoning.

I said that if Pau was forced to play Center full-time, then he'd be SPENT BEFORE THE "END OF THE SEASON" NOT THE "END OF THE GAME"!

HE PLAYS BOTH POWER FORWARD AND CENTER, TRUE.

HOWEVER, PAU DID NOT PLAY CENTER THE ENTIRE GAME ONE OF THE BOSTON SERIES.

MOREOVER, LOOK WHAT PAU AND DREW DID IN GAME 2. THINK OF WHAT A HEALTHY BYNUM AND GASOL ARE CAPABLE OF. GAME 2 WAS JUST A TASTE...

IF THE LAKERS WOULD'VE CONTROLLED RAY ALIEN IN GAME 2, PAU AND DREW WOULD'VE WON THE GAME.
_____________________________________________________

SINCE YOU'RE SO INTENT ON BEING THE GM OF THE LAKERS AND SEEM TO THINK THAT THE LAKERS AREN'T BACK-2-BACK CHAMPIONS BECAUSE ARTEST WASN'T ON THE 2009 CHAMPIONSHIP ROSTER, NO USE DISCUSSING THIS ANYMORE. I'LL JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT JULY BRINGS.

OBVIOUSLY "THE SKY ISN'T BLUE IN YOUR WORLD".
_____________________________________________________

GO LAKERS!!!!! ONE, TWO, THREE-PEAT!!!!!

I hate Rap music and I generally find that it is evil because it preaches stupid, vile, materialism to vulnerable populations that need ANYTHING but stupid, vile, materialism as their guide in life.

HOWEVER as far as professional NBA basketball players who dabble in Rap music, methinks that Thriller is the best. He actually pulls it off.

What do we play for? RINGS!!!!

Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever.

GO LAKERS!!!

*______________*
RIP MANUTE BOLE ---TRIBUTE POEM IN DEVELOPMENT
*______________*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B257UZ1OfBM
*______________*
IT’S BEEN ONE HECK OF A YEAR AND I WOULD LIKE TO LIKE THE LAKERS BLOG AND THE
LAKERS NATION FOR MAKING THIS ONE OF THE MOST ENJOYABLE SEASONS OF MY LIFE
I THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU ON THE ROLL CALL FOR EACH CONTRIBUTED YOUR UNIQUE CONTRIBUTION TO MAKE THIS TWO TIME AWARD WINNING BLOG THE BEST. I HATE TO SINGLE OUT INDIVIDULAS BUT I HAVE TO GIVE SHOUT OUTS T THE FOLLOWING NDIVIDUALS WHO WERE ESPECIALLY HELPFUL TO ME IF ONLY WITH A :-).
THANK YOU LAKERSBLOG FOR EVERYTHING: Edwin & Fatty my Virtual Mentors, LakerTom my Idol, Faith my Virtual lil Sister, LakerLass my 1st Virtual Love, , Complex_Brotha my Virtual Big Brother, Segeboy(Sheriff) my Homey, East Coast Jessie(Super Lawyer) & my virtual Princess, utzworld THE BANNER HOLDER my virtual Chaplain, j24(LadyJ24) another Virtual lil Sister, ZairaAmaterasu Virtual Goddess Supreme, PsychedLakerGirl another Virtual lil Sister, Jeanette my Virtual twin sister, LakerGirl(There can be but 1), The Outlaw & Baby Outlaw , Noah He’s god favorite, Fearless my Virtual Big Brother, Marc B, Mark G, Mike T. My Virtual Big Brother, He’s Mike T who the hell am I, Jon K. Virtual Brother, Stargazin, LOLO, Bob never had that cup of coffee, HalosAnt always had my back, Lewstrs new Virtual friend & Bandwagon developer, WesJoeNixon one of the deepeest and at the same time wittiest people I know, Vman ditto, LongTimeLakerFan the most Knowlegeable historian I ever knew , Sir Charles the heart and Soul of the Blog, Dave M, 2Phatt, Caliphilospher, JovBatz44, phred, Ouccccccch, Magic Phil, RDLee, SBPIMP, Generic_One, CBUCK, Rick Friedman, Tim-4-Show, Tha-Show, DwnTwnAtty, Wallace
AztroNut, DJ, David Whang. For all those I missed, I thank you for being my friend, Having my back and putting up with my Drama-Punk act
*__________*
FINALLY: To JustAnotherMambaFan(Head of the Mamba Clan) or JUSTA my Virtual Soul Mate & Virtual True Love. Thanks for putting up with all my crazy ISH over the years & always having my back. I’ll never forget you Justa and I will Virtually Love you forever. I Love You Justa.
*__________*

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY for those here that were blessed with a kid.
My almost-5 yo makes every day special to me.
We're playing bball all day long!
I can't attend the parade, as I have to work. Please yell a big THANKS for our players-family for me.
The feeling is unbelievable...I can't let it go!
Cheers.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Hey Laker Nation how you feel today, We are the Freakin Champions of the NBA
We hoped we prayed with all our might, That the Lakers would win that night.
Were you sure or did you have doubts, How the Journeys’ end would turn out.
It turned out the only way it could, With Celts losing to The Lakers as they should
Final Battle stages are never easy, That’s why a lot of our stomachs felt Queasy
It didn’t just go for the fans it seems, The queasiness even affected the Team
Some tried to tell us don’t be so cocky, there will be times when the ride gets Rocky
Because Lakers are the upper crust , We thought the title would be handed to us
When that didn’t happen as the 4th quarter began, I heard some say This is the End
Then a voice said Lakers listen to me, All you need do is to apply some Laker “D”
I turned and looked and what did I see,There was Faith giving the sign of victory
I thought to myself has Faith lost her mind, The Lakers can’t win, they’re 2 far behind
But lo and behehold Fish hit a shot Ron hit one and the pitiful Celtics, they could not
Slowly but surely the tide slowly shifted and the gloom in the room suddenly lifted
Just like that the Lakers had the lead, hold it for 9 seconds I heard Justa plead
So they held & wouldn’t you know, The Lakers had the lead as I heard the whistle Blow
At that split second it became perfectly clear, The Lakers were NBA champs again this year
Eyes got misty, some started to cry, And if you want to know the Truth, Well so did I
From then till now I’ve been floating on air, Will I ever come down, I don’t even care.
Dynasty 4 has now been Established, God Bless you Freakin Lakers, Mission Accomplished
That’s it for me, One last thing I have to do, with all of my heart Laker Bloggers I Love U

phred,

"Jon K- Hey! anytimes is good for us. So where are you workin nowadays? Better than the greater Cleveland area? Did you enjoy your finals o shadenfreude?"

I'm working in Woodland Hills putting together a guide and website dedicated to ethical consumerism, as well as consulting for a local event production company on the development of large-scale music festivals for 100,000+ people.

Hey, I had a beer in Topanga Canyon yesterday and people out here actually care about quality. I was discussing how a bartender was obsessing about making her drink "the right way" to a friend from the Gentleman's Club I was managing in Ohio (yes, that's right, it wasn't a "bar" it was a strip club, I didn't want to mention that ugly truth before, but, dude, the things I've seen... the things I'll never be able to forget...) and he said to me, "People in Ohio are lazy."

And it's true. People in California work harder, but people in Ohio are obsessed with working long hours, but they pace themselves as they do, so they don't put much effort into their job. They don't care about quality or "getting it right." Frustrtating.

Regarding schadenfreuden, I did text some Ohioans "GO LAKERS!!!" when we won, but I was busy watching the game in Flagstaff, Arizona. I was in a bar with three Lakeraholics, and 30 Celtics fans/Laker Hater (aka Suns fans). It's odd. In Ohio, everyone was rooting for the Celtics because the Celtics beat the Cavs. In Arizona, everyone was rooting for the Celtics because the Lakers beat the Suns. Different mentality West versus East.

Anyhoo... these fricken Haters were all over-emphasizing their support for the Celtics and making various vile comments about Kobe and all... and I just took over the room.

I literally started screaming above them all and jumped on the bar during the second half and the room got quiet except for me and another Lakeraholic. These Haters have no heart. I MEANT IT! They didn't.

They're just being contrarian. And I hate people who are contrarian for being contrarian's sake. It's stupid.

After the game I got into words with a former Los Angelenan who was all broken up because he wanted the Celtics to win. I told him, "Dude, you can't hate where you come from! That's your home. Why be like that?"

He blasted, "I gave do whatever the [explictive] I want!"

And I just layed into him and put the living fear of God into him. He wisely walked away.

I understand these trolls now. It's same disease that breeds pretention in hipsters.

They're contrarian. They don't know how to be individuals, but they want to be individualistic, so they reactively form a contrarian stance to whatever is the dominant social norm whether it be good or bad doesn't matter. They just react and in their self-righteousness they loose touch with the fact that simply being a reactionary contrarian makes one by natural law a fricken toolbag.

Yeah.

Hey, at least my nephew is now a Lakeraholic. One more light in the darkness.

What a great season.

What do we play for? RINGS!!!!

Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever.

GO LAKERS!!!

MAMBA24,


Dude, you are simply awesome and I mean that with all due and true sincerity.


Thank you for being you because being something else would be far worse.


What do we play for? RINGS!!!!


Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers FOREVER.


GO LAKERS!!!

Mark Medina,


Thanks for everything, dude.


You picked up this blog in the midst of crisis and lead it with professionalism, quality, and friendliness through the best season ever.


Well fricken done.


What do we play for? RINGS!!!


Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever.


GO LAKERS!!!!

Mark Medina,


Thanks for everything, dude.


You picked up this blog in the midst of crisis and lead it with professionalism, quality, and friendliness through the best season ever.


Well fricken done.


What do we play for? RINGS!!!


Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever.


GO LAKERS!!!!

Wow, great job Ron. Maybe Ron should rap at his next press conference.

@Jon k, What can I say, You know the feeling is mutual. Thanks for keeping th Blog on a even keel and staying the course no matter what manner of crap the lunatic trolls hurled your Way. Your Undercover coverage of Princess Jimmy in Cleveland was OUT FREAKIN STANDING. Thanks for having my back all the time and Congrats. on the new job. Jon K man on the move...OUT FREAKIN STANDING SIR!!
mamba24

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS TEAM ???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Watching the highlights of Game 7 for probably the millionth time still brings tears to my eyes as my love for this team overwhelms my emotions. What still jumps out at me is the simple truth that there were at least six players without whom the Lakers would not have won this championship, absolute incontrovertible proof that it is teams that win championships just as much as it is superstars.
~
(1) KOBE BRYANT. Who can deny that Kobe was the MVP of the series and has now reclaimed his standing as the NBA’s best player, that Stern and the ESPN dominated sports media had prematurely awarded to LeBron James? Even struggling with his shot, Kobe still nailed a critical jumper to keep the Lakers ahead by 4 as well as cleaning the boards and getting himself to the line by attacking the rim and forcing Stern’s reluctant refs to blow their whistles. Kobe led this team to the championship. With the 2010 Finals on the line, he showed he could win by leading and trusting his teammates.
~
(2) DEREK FISHER. Those who really know basketball understand how important Derek is to this team. His physical toughness, inspiring leadership, and clutch shooting were why Phil and Kobe have always trusted him. This may have been his last year as the Lakers starting point guard but his clutch 3-pointer to tie Game 7 won’t be the last heroics we will see from him. When Jimmy Kimmel asked Fish if he was checking to see if he still had his testicles when he went to the locker room in Game 7, you had to love Derek’s reply that he was just making sure they were as big as he thought they were. Without Fish’s heroics in Game 3, the Lakers wouldn’t have had a chance to win Games 6 and 7.
~
(3) RON ARTEST. While we all loved Trevor Ariza, are there any Lakers fans left who still doubt that the defensive toughness and timely scoring by Ron Artest is a major reason why the Lakers were able to win their second straight NBA championship? From his lock down defense on Kevin Durant to his game saving rebound basket against the Suns to his Game 7 defense against Pierce and clutch shots, Ron Artest showed over and over that he has the championship mettle and toughness we needed. There was not a dry eye in Lakersville when Ron hit that 3 to put the Lakers up by 6. As Phil said, Ron was the MVP of Game 7 and fulfilled that promise made to Kobe in the showers in 2008.
~
(4) PAU GASOL. I think even ouchhhhhhhh would agree that Pau Gasol was indispensible to the Lakers repeating. Pau’s block on KG followed by a clutch hanging jumper in the paint with 3 Celtics hammering him and his Game 7 cinching rebound clearly showed championship mettle. The fact that Kobe called “The Spaniard” out for his play should finally end the constant questioning of Pau’s heart or ability to play tough when needed. He will be the Lakers #2 option as the Lakers seek to three-peat and should now be clearly recognized as best power forward in the NBA. It’s Gastrong, not Gasoft.
~
(5) ANDREW BYNUM. When you listen to the NBA analysts who know what they are talking about and the head coaches of the teams that the Lakers eliminated in their pursuit of this championship, it becomes clear that Andrew Bynum’s length and strength was one of the major factors opposing teams were unable to match when playing the Lakers. Drew’s physical presence in the paint allowing Pau to play power forward and Lamar to come off the bench completely reversed the matchup advantage the Celtics enjoyed in 2008 to the Lakers favor in 2010. He and Ron were the difference from 2008
~
(6) LAMAR ODOM. While he struggled at times, there is no way that the Lakers would have repeated were it not for the contributions of Lamar Odom. Much like Andrew Bynum, Lamar often does not get enough credit for the impact he has on the team, especially his rebounding and playmaking. His sacrifice by being willing to come off the bench and his versatility in being able to play and guard 4 positions make Lamar the best 6th man in the NBA in my opinion. And that is not even counting that he allows the Lakers to be able to man the 4 and 5 positions with All-Star level players all game long.
~
If you look at this year’s playoffs, I think you could argue that we would NOT have won the 2010 NBA championship without the contributions of these six players. That is not to denigrate the contribution by Farmar, Brown, Vujacic, and Walton but the Lakers Big 6 were each indispensible to repeating. We all know there are changes coming because we will have to get better in order to three-peat next year. Free agency once again will change the competitive landscape of the league, likely elevating one or more teams to join the current corps of pretenders. But for now, I love every guy on this team.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TOM

Ron-Ron...That was pretty awesome!!Lewstr's, nice to hear about you family and have a Great Father's Day. Mamba24, awesome as usual.

Art -FL Lakers Fan,

re: closing arguments. There's probably some confusion on my part
as to what your were given all of the things you said and responded to.

oh, well.

a final few points and we can call this a rap.

re: this portion of the conversation --
You wrote: "We just saw Artest take Ariza's role and we found out that his hustle worked out just fine. With respect, if you're willing to trade/gamble on Artest for Ariza ... then not being willing to trade/gambleon Bosh for Bynum is pure hypocrisy."

C'mon now already, that's nothing short of borderline ridiculous, not what I expect from you.

First of all, I have proposed that I thought it would have been best to keep Ariza and Artest.

my response for clarity's sake: Let's ignore what you thought was the best
idea for a second. [ I'm not saying it's a bad idea. ] The Lakers were willing
to let an integral piece of a championship team go for the sake of trying to
get better with Artest. *That* was the point I was making. If you apply
that logic to the Bynum/Bosh trade you *realistically* have to look at it.
i.e. Bosh has better numbers at C than Bynum does. Bosh has suffered less
injuries than Bynum has. By just about any metric you wish to use, Bosh is
a better player than Bynum is.

this was written: I don't know if Bosh would improve the team and neither do you. It's all speculation. You can post all the stats you want to of Bynum and Bosh and it won't change a thing.

Even KB Blitz said, "Bynum is a great role player".

my response: You are absolutely right that I don't know if Bosh would make
the team better. The Lakers didn't know that about Artest either, but they
took the chance. It turned out well. Oddly enough, we don't know if we would
have had an easier time with Ariza. Yes, Artest is a better defender.
However, I think there's a strong argument that the Lakers were better
offensively last year. We also don't know if Ariza would have played better
defense this year. The numbers I posted for Ariza in 2008 show that Pearce
did *NOT* eat him alive regardless of what Magic said.

you also wrote: Are you really trying to claim that if someone supports one trade but not another they are a hypocrite? Really?

my response: *If* the reason for the first trade was that Artest was/is a
better defender than Ariza, then it *IS* hypocritical to not be in favor of the
Bynum/Bosh trade because by just about any metric you wish to use Bosh
is a better C.

For what it's worth, I don't think that KB Blitz said: "Bynum is a great role
player." I could be wrong & he'll probably address it. :)

you also wrote: I think a key to the greatness of the Lakers is the combination of role players they have put together. Too many cooks (stars) spoil the broth.

my response: That is the *exact* argument that people talked about last
year when Artest was signed. He blended in beautifully. We won. If
Bosh is looking to contend for a championship, I don't think he'd have a
problem blending in. yes, this is *pure* speculation on my part.

you wrote: "Most importantly, he plays a very good role with Pau, Kobe, Ron and LO, he is an excellent fit here.

They all compliment each other very well. They are all parts of a puzzle that fit together just right to complete the picture."

my response: Oddly enough, that was the *EXACT* argument for re-signing
Ariza last summer. [ Minus Ron obviously ] We see what happened.

Look. You've assigned emotions/interpretations to words that I never
intended. We've mis-understood each other on a number of issues. That
has happened before and it will happen again. It is what it is.

Here's my final statement:

I am *NOT* opposed to keeping Bynum. By almost any metric you wish to
use, Bosh is a better player. A quick review of various score boards
*seems* to show that Bosh has fared better against bigger/more physical
C's than Bynum has. If we keep Bynum, ok. If we trade Bynum for Bosh, ok.
Either way is fine for me. However, I am *NOT* going to drink the Bynum
kool-aid when the "HISTORICAL FACTS" don't support the opinion of
Bynum's fans/minions.

Am I glad we have him? Moderately. Do I want him to get better? Yes. Do
I believe that he will get better? Mostly.

Here's something to ponder if you want to:

Which would you rather face in the finals?

A combo of LeBron James & Chris Bosh or a combo of LeBron James & Bynum?

Thanks NewMexicoLakerLifer, for all you do Kudos to you!
Mamba24

hobbitmage,

I am happy to close the door on that issue but as a final comment I would add that I 'BELIEVE' Bynum has more potential upside than Bosh.

Bosh is good, but he is probably as good as he is going to be.

Bynum is good but could become great.


Just to clarify, you wrote:

"For what it's worth, I don't think that KB Blitz said: "Bynum is a great role
player." I could be wrong & he'll probably address it. :)"
================

You are partially correct, Blitz didn't say Bynum was a great ROLE player, he said:

"Again: Bynum is a great player who appears to fit in the Lakers. No on is denying that. "
Posted by: KB Blitz | June 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM
==============

Nuff said on that matter.

Go Bynum!

:)

Go Lakers!

"HE PLAYS BOTH POWER FORWARD AND CENTER, TRUE.

HOWEVER, PAU DID NOT PLAY CENTER THE ENTIRE GAME ONE OF THE BOSTON SERIES"

He MOSTLY Center in Games 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, AND 7 Mr. I wanna use Caps. That is over 40 minutes playing center. The only game that he didn't play center the majority was Game 2. You got right on that time.

"MOREOVER, LOOK WHAT PAU AND DREW DID IN GAME 2. THINK OF WHAT A HEALTHY BYNUM AND GASOL ARE CAPABLE OF. GAME 2 WAS JUST A TASTE..."

Yeah getting outrebounded by a midget they have 11 inches over is a taste I don't want to see again. It's not about offense it's about DEFENSE and while Ray Allen did go off because of bad defense by Shannon, Bynum and Gasol couldn't care less about defense asides from blocks and guess who won the rebounding battle that game....the Celtics and Game 2!

"SINCE YOU'RE SO INTENT ON BEING THE GM OF THE LAKERS AND SEEM TO THINK THAT THE LAKERS AREN'T BACK-2-BACK CHAMPIONS BECAUSE ARTEST WASN'T ON THE 2009 CHAMPIONSHIP ROSTER, NO USE DISCUSSING THIS ANYMORE. I'LL JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT JULY BRINGS."

Don't shoot the messenger but it seems YOU want to be the GM since you are using caps and acting immature compared to other bloggers tha I'm having a nice chat with :P. To get back on track though the point was the roster wasn't the SAME. Ariza was in the 09 lineup and the Lakers made a MAJOR change by getting Artest! It worked! Bryant/Gasol are the top 2 players of the Lakers that's who you don't change! If you can get Lebron for Artest without the financial costs you do it! If you can get Dwight for Bynum you do it! If you can get CP3 for Derek Fisher you do it! Heck bring the entire 2008 Olympic squad into the Lakers and add Pau Gasol to the mix and you got yourself a dynasty and hell the league might close down because they sure isn't going to lose!

Since you are so intent on keeping "back to back lineups" tell me why did the Lakers shake up the 09 lineup with Ariza and replacing him with Artest? Ariza shot well in 09, played solid defense, and was better factor offensively than Artest! Yet the Lakers got a guy who while better than defense, looked lost on offense (in the regular season especially), wasn't as good as Trevor on the fastbreak, and is a career 40% playoff FG% while shooting 15ppg! Yet he stepped up when it MATTERED with a Game winning shot, solid defense against Pierce, AND in Game 7 where Kobe and Pau couldn't hit a bull with a banjo in the first 3 quarters.

You *always* want to upgrade! Bosh for Bynum would be an *upgrade*. Just because Pau will be playing center don't mean diddly. He played full time center when the Lakers played in Boston in Feb of 09 and guess what he blocked a potential Ray Allen Game winner! He played full time when the Lakers snapped the Cavaliers 23 home winning streak! He has played Center FULL TIME BEFORE. He has played it earlier on this season too beating Utah at home WITHOUT Kobe or Bynum and also San Antonio. Did he admit he felt gassed? Yes he played 40 minutes but hell his back up was DJ Mbenga. No disrespect Mbenga earned my respect for his constant shot blocking but heck he needed to be better overall than just shot blocking. Bosh isn't as big defensively for a back up center yet 9/10 NBA fans would choose Bosh at Center than Mbenga! Plus who will dominate Bosh when he is at center besides Howard and maybe possibly Yao? Okur? Nate Collison? Erick Dampier? Shaq is on the free agent market, the Celtics are DONE so that leaves only Howard and Yao and Bynum....if Bynum goes on Toronto you won't see him as much unless it's in the Finals (I doubt with the way that squad is he'll advance more than 1st round unless the squad gets a HUGE improvement aside from him). Ditto for Dwight and Pau has a done a BETTER job on Dwight than Bynum has even as far as 07-08! So that leaves only Yao and well Gasol played Yao a ton more better than Bynum as well so who will be dominating Chris Bosh at center? No one because there are no other good back up centers! Reason why Pau plays back up center since you can make a good mismatch when Bynum is on the bench! So who is going to stop Bosh? Big Baby?

Obviously if the sky isn't blue outside then you must think pigs fly. You are so defensive you act immature just to defend your precious Bynum. Fine be that way Marc. I'll go with Kobe-Pau over the "franchise player" Bynum 10 out 10 any day of the week!

Thanks for playing!

And Hobbitmage,

I said he was a great role player but that was it. You would expect someone who is being paid $13 million to be more than a "role player". Lamar Odom was being paid $11 million ($14 million because of the trade kicker) and he was supposed to be the missing piece for the Heat/sidekick for Kobe. LO was overpaid big time regardless of $11 million or $14 million especially for a role player.

That being said, people say Bosh can't flourish as a 3rd option.....um what did Ron do? Adjust after scoring 15ppg for mostly his career. So why can't Bosh? And when Kobe does need help he got Gasol and Bosh who are more capable for scoring 20ppg+. Heck you can argue Bosh offensively was a better scorer than Gasol when Pau was in Memphis though Pau would beat him defensively imo.

Most fans don't view Bynum as a franchise player. I like that and don't have any arguments against that. It's the people who believe he IS a franchise player who deserves 30ppg and believe that Kobe is ballhogging to let that happen. It's they who believe that Bynum is better than the rest of the centers of the league just because he has more skills offensively than Dwight. Sorry but Yao beat Bynum to it!

Like Hobbitmage said:

"However, I am *NOT* going to drink the Bynum
kool-aid when the "HISTORICAL FACTS" don't support the opinion of
Bynum's fans/minions. "

Now THAT's a hot song!
*
Regretably, I will miss this year's parade. Not enough PTO saved up at the job. Blew 2 days last week because of the flu...which I am still fighting!

i like it - go ronnie a! they should play that for the ring ceremony, period! as for bynum... the young fella has me worried but who is avail to take his place? his the 2nd best center in the league after dwight. someone rightfully mentioned that last year's injury was due to kobe falling back against his knee. i've also heard that bynum's knees were suspect in h.s. & that the team took a chance signing him up. we gotta trust mngmt because they obviously know more about the situation than us so if he's traded, it will be for a good reason but for the last two seasons, i've always wondered what it would be like to have the young guy for a full season right into the playoffs. if he's around again, he's gotta maintain his conditioning and hang with kobe so he can take care of that body, remain strong and survive the rigor of a full season. don't think for a moment that team would've finished at the top of the conference without bynum - can't be done and pau is just not a 5 - it's not his position. bosh for bynum is bogus unless we get bosh to replace odom... i'd give up odom, luke, powell, brown + cash for bosh all day long. be healthy bynum and good luck with the surgery. we know kobe is gonna take care of his $h!t - he's proven it every year his been in the league and thankfully, it's been with the lakers.

OH YEAH: BIG SHOUT OUT TO THE BUSS FAMILY FOR KEEPING IT EVERYTHING "REAL." THAT'S A FAMILY THAT KNOWS HOW TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AND THE WINNING WAYS OF THEIR TEAM IS A DIRECT REFLECTION OF WHO THEY ARE: THE REAL MVPs!

i love the beat of rap music but the "gangsta" lyrics from prep schood grads doen't cut it for me. that being said, i like ron's beat and lyrics to boot. very agressive sound with a positive basketball message - nothing phony about "Champions." ron is a laker and mitch is genius revealing that he has learned from the best with the backing of a real win at all cost sports family ownership group. don't like bynum for bosh. bynum is still suspect but as others have rightfully pointed out, his injury last year shouldn't have happened. that's just bad luck. same team and put down by his own teammate. sorry, but that's just a fluke. we'll have to trust mngmnt: they brought him in and he has prodcued big dividends: we don't finish at the top of the conference or get by in the playoffs without him. artest for ariza had everyone "frazzled," and obviously, we now know it was for the best. in mitch we must trust and the buss family, we must thank our blessings for because we're the most fortunate nba fans on the planet. how many other fans around the league wish they had owners like ours??? ans: every single one of them. look at the droughts of that bull are enduring, boston, heat, dallas & san antone... don't take it for granted, kobe or this laker squad. just as quickly as show time headed off into the sunset, so will this squad. enjoy it fans - this is a team and ownership of the ages!!! "champions" will be played during the ring ceremony. it will be loud & proud!! we're probably hear it during the parade ceremony as well... RON RON - he may express himself in an awkward manner, but it's an expression that is genuine. get used to it. it's the NY way and the NY state of mind.

LakerTom,


You know what I love about this team?


We beat the Celtics in seven games with ALMOST EVERYONE ON OUR ROSTER INJURED!!!! ALMOST EVERYONE!!!


Knock on wood, but if we can come back healthy next year, maybe it'll be threepeat time.


What do we play for? RINGS!!!


Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever.


GO LAKERS!!!

People are still agonizing for a Bynum for Bosh trade!? Why!? Who's going to be our full time center? Gasol doesn't want to do it and he cant stand up very well to the bigger centers in the league. Bosh is a freaking paperweight. Yeah the guy can drop points but doesn't know what defense is.

Everyone sees the 20+pts he puts up and the rebs but what they fail to see is, Bosh is the 1st option in TORONTO!!! You bring him to the Lakers and suddenly he's the same 15/8 guy Bynum is and Bynum has a much bigger body and actually plays DEFENSE!!

As far as Bynum's injuries remember something, those were big time freak accidents. If Bosh was on the team and it was Kobe who smashed into his leg, Bosh would have gone down with the same injury. Had Bosh come down on Odom's foot like Bynum did that first time around, we'd be talking about Bosh's knee as well. Look at Perkins in the finals. He came down weird with Bynum on his back and tore his PCL and MCL. These were freak occurrences and Bynum unfortunately got them back to back. The kid is fine and we need to leave well enough alone. Bynum showed in the Finals that even on 1 knee he's better then Howard. Howard couldn't handle the Celtics and Bynum on 1 knee was putting it on the Celtics. Even when he struggled because of his knee he still gave Perkins, Davis and Garnett hard times. He's improved greatly on defense and is a much better offensive presence then Howard.

For those that want to point to the point differential, I then point to Kobe and Gasol who are options 1 and 2 on the Lakers where Howard is option 1 on the Magic. If you put Bynum on a team where he's option 1, then you can bet your bottom dollar he's going to be a 25/10 guy.

hey faker fans, anyone who watched this whole series knows the fakers shouldnt of made it past five or six games,this series was handed to the fakers on a silver platter by stern and the refs, the fakers out shot the celts 3 to 1 from the line in the series, what a joke.. this championship will have an asterik just like the other ones after 2000 and on will..donahey said they all were influenced by him and the other refs at the time

Hey that was pretty cool. It was way better than I thought it would be. I tell you. Ron Artest is like the coolest Laker to enter the scene in at least 10 years. Shaq always wanted to be cool but Ron Ron is just a Natural. This Rap Video is way better than anything Shaq has done to date.
Just keep livin it Ron. Go Lakers.

As far as the Bynum Arguement goes, i'll say this. Odom plays similar minutes as Bynum and his number are round the same if not slighly worse than Bynum. Bynums greatest value isn't even offense, it's his post D. throughout the block numbers, Bynum is a biigger deterent in the paint than Odom, Pau, or Bosh. I'm not a big fan of the 2 startin PF's thing, It gets exposed by great teams. Also Bynum is still a child with more potential than Bosh, that has been steadily improvin under kareem. Dont mess with success, unless its an obvious upgrade, dont risk chemistry. the fact that we're debating makes the "upgrade" not an obvious 1 an therefore one that should b overlooked.

As far as farmer goes...All the lakers need out of a pg is sum1 that shoots well and plays excellent defense. i cant think of any names right now but im quite sure there r a lot out there. I wouldnt cry 2 lose jordan.

)\
{_}
.-;-.
|'-=-'|
| |
| |
| |
| |
'.___.'

test

Blog Fam,

I am sooo bummed!! My modem conked out on me when the parade started. Is there anywhere I can ge a rebroadcast of the parade??? PLEASE help me!!!

Bynum proved during the playoffs that he is a winner. He gave the team exactly what was asked of him considering his injury. I love Chris Bosh, yet, he simply can't fill the role Bynum does. Bosh and Gasol play the same position. The comparison should be Bosh/Gasol, not Bynum/Bosh. Bosh would be a great addition, but, not if we have to give up any of the top six (Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Artest, Odom or Fish). Odom would be the only possiblity.

Houston Laker Girl - go to espnLA. They are replaying the parade from the KABC folks - a lot of talking but you get to see the main parts.

PLG

Hey, Ive heard and seen Ron's Video a couple times today and I have to yell ya, Its better than anything Shaq ever did. Ya Heard? This Bro has Soul.

OKAY so heres my take. We get the Laker's Media People at Staples to Dump "We Are The Champions" by Queen and Instead Install "CHAMPIONS" by Ron Artest. Yeah Baby. We are the Champions is getting a bit long of tooth dont ya think? Circa 1978. Why not get the perfect replacement with Ron Rons Rap "Champions" ? Much more Soul and the Ambience is perfect for a pre-game settling of the Crowd till Game Time lights it up. Common!

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are great and
needs to be appreciated by everyone.
Real Estate Listings

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are great and
needs to be appreciated by everyone.
Real Estate Listings


Nice song Ron-Ron. Congratulations to you and the rest of the Lakers Team especially to Kobe and D-Fish.

Keep up the good work and for sure you'll get your 2nd Championship ring next year.

Good luck Lakers!


Connect

Advertisement

In Case You Missed It...

Video

All Things Lakers »

Your database for all things purple and gold.

Find a Laker

Search a name

Select a season

Choose one of our lists



Categories


Archives
 

About the Bloggers


Bleacher Report | Lakers

Reader contributions from Times partner Bleacher Report

More Lakers on Bleacher Report »



Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone

Sign me up for the following lists:


In Case You Missed It...