Poll questions surrounding Lakers-Celtics series

54147183

Leading up to the Lakers-Celtics Finals series, I mentioned in various interviews that I predicted the Lakers would win in seven games. I ultimately thought the Lakers would take the series because they have home-court advantage, are eager to redeem their 2008 Finals loss to the Celtics and have played at their best for most of the postseason. Even though I expected the Lakers to be on the winning end, I reiterated that it wouldn't be at all surprising if Boston won simply because the Celtics also reached this point after also overcoming various injuries, benefiting from their experience and demonstrating a similar set of skills.

That's why I'm not entirely concerned that the series is tied 1-1 entering Game 3 on Tuesday at TD Garden and believe this is just the beginning of a competitive series. But with the Lakers folding down the stretch on Sunday, deviating from what enabled them to win Game 1 and showing a lapse in focus, I'm sure there are some Lakers fans who feel otherwise. But rather than assume Laker fans either think the sky is falling, are blindly optimistic or incredibly even-handed, I thought this served as a great time to get everyone's thoughts so far with a set of poll questions below the jump. I'll follow up before Game 3 tomorrow with an analysis piece based on the results.

Follow the L.A. Times Lakers blog on Twitter: twitter.com/latmedina. E-mail the Lakers blog at [email protected]

Photo: Celtics guard Ray Allen, who finished with a game-high 32 points, is congratulated by a teammate in front of Lakers guard Kobe Bryant in the closing seconds of Game 2 on Sunday. Credit: Wally Skalij/Los Angeles Times.

Lakers need to remember Boston has a small man's complex. They are actually a small city with a desperate need to be recognized by the big towns like New York and L.A. They are a laughing stock to New York because they know better.

My point? Lakers need to remember they have more talent. Don't let the town bully intimidate. KG is old. Paul Pierce is stupid. Ray Allen hates Kobe and got hot for one game. Contain Rondo, don't lose your composure. Remember you are champions. As Reggie Miller said, the Lakers worst enemy is the Lakers.

Don't get disinterested, lazy or lose confidence. Yes, Ron-ron lost his way, but he is ours, and we love him. He wants to win. Don't be so hard on him. The greater statistic is: Lamar has 10 fouls and 8 points in two games.

Why they're looking for the Laker's Bench, you might as well put out an APB for Boston's frontline. The more Pau talks about him, the softer Garnott seems to get.

The media loves to fuel passion, and with that comes inconsistent play. Anyone who has ever played sports knows that confidence is key. Kobe will rally the troops. Pau will dominate. Andrew...gosh. I'd given up and there he was scoring mad points in the paint. Derek with 6 points?

Everyone other than Kobe, Pau and Andrew needs to step up and grow a set and not buy into the hype over the Celtics-Lakers. I hate to break the news that most of the team is too young to care. No. Really. They don't really care. Just beat the heck out of them. Boston sucks big time.

Thank you for listening to my rant. Go Lakers!

Mark G

True, KG just can't with PG even if media throws bull**** to him. Pau eated him in both games and looked like and old granny.

Sarah Smith:

What's the matter with you? I think your brain is going soft with all that comedy you are playing with that young boy. Never tell anyone outside the Family what you are thinking again. Go on.

Sonny - go talk to those refs and make em an offer they can't refuse.

Michael - I want you to pay David Stern a visit and don't forget to give him one way ticket to Vegas.

Don Corleone

Paul Pierce is due for a big game...

I guess I would be considered one of the "blindly optimistic" fans.

Lakers can do no wrong. Even when they lose, they win. There is victory in defeat.

I will never talk bad about a franchise that has given me so much happiness.

I will cheer for the Lakers, win or lose, until I die.

What, me worry? Let the players/coaches/management deal with that, I'm a fan, I just want to cheer for my team!

Lakers in 5!!!

Bynum Dunknasty:

Aaaah, glass hoppa, wise man say happiness aleady inside you not come from outside catalyst. Warning! Happiness that come from outside, always unstable, one day good next day bad bad, got it. So good to cheer fol the Lakers but not rely on happiness on lakers.

Peace and much happiness.

that is not a foul. bumping knees/head/arms unless it was done on purpose. Kobe was making a move and they bumped heads. thats not a foul. The ref called a foul on Kobe for lowering his shoulder (which he didn't).
You lose that argument. I am not sure about the timeout that was acknowledged by the ref, I have to watch that again.
Anyway, I dare to come here WHEN the Lakers win it all. Judging by your posts, you will disappear right before the Celtics get eliminated.

A simple advise for Phil Jackson. Fisher can't guard Ray Alan or Rondo. He should use Sasha to guard Ray Alen and leave Rondo to Kobe. Clearly, Celtic saw the weakness in Lakers, and they took advantage of it in game 2. Make that adjustment!

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD

Game 2 was a nightmare that needs to be hurled into oblivion. We need to trust our team to make amends and they will.... We are the Champion Lakers and the Championship's on the line!!

We know how to play through adversity and we know how to win against great opponents (in spite of the great odds against us, the bad calls and the commissioner's personal agenda for better ratings ). This is no different.

We just need to get back to basics and play like we did in game 1: FEED OUR BIGS, FOCUS, DETERMINATION AND COMMON SENSE DEFENSE.

WE STILL GOT THIS!!!

GOOOOOOOOLAKERS!!!!!

Posted by: Mark G | June 07, 2010 at 08:00 PM

really???????????

last night with 1:59 remaining and lakers down 3, 90-93, Gasoft went casual for a rebound and Garnett screw him. that was that controversial call.

just in the previous play he did not close the path of rondo to the basket.

and Baby Davis had 5 OFFENSIVE rebounds. who's man was that? (don't tell me it was LO because he spent his night on the beach or bench)

it's funny how everyone talks about Perkins and Garnett and actually Baby Davis even if he did not score, he created more damage.

Rondo 12 REB, 4 OFF.

Bynum and Gasol 14 total.

phred

because u like only "insightful" opinions, please tell us again why Rajon Rondo is just a mediocre guard and can't impress u at all.

i know u r not sold on him. yet.

Don Corleone...just so happens I have been watching Godfather parts one and two the last few nights!!! So I get your meaning. No, maybe I don't. ha haa

Love Ron. Love Pau. Love Kobe. Rather have a guy who loves the game and wants a ring out there, even if he runs around dribbling for 10 seconds without a clue what to do with the ball to a guy who commits 10 fouls and 8 points in 1 games (Lamar). So there.

They should have signed Ariza in addition to Artest. Then they could have used Ariza starting instead of Fisher to guard Allen or Rondo.

Pierce and Garnett isn't going to go the entire series shooting 2-11. Look for Artest to pick up some quick fouls and for Pierce to go off for 30 in game 3.

The Lakers should NEVER double team Garnett or Perkins. If the make a contested shot over Gasol or Bynum, you have to give that up. At best, they'll make 50% of those shots. If Allen or Pierce is open for 3, they will make 80% of those. If Rondo is open for a lay up, he'll make 100%.

The Lakers need to play much smarter.

The reason why the Lakers are at such a HUGE disadvantage in this series is that the Lakers are 4-4 on the road in the playoffs this year and the Celtics are 7-2 at home. So you're expecting a 500 road team to beat a 7-2 home team 2 out of 3??? Impossible. I wish I were wrong, but the numbers are all against the Lakers. If the Lakers win 1 out of 3, then they have 2 elimination games at home.

I hate to say it, but the Lakers are in real trouble.

Troy

you just confirmed my fear that PP is due for a big game. However, Ron will make him earn them. I would rather have PP got hot but defended by Ron than Ray got hot and ... no one can track him.

Great points Yellofever,

Last night's officiating was almost as bad as game 2 of the 2008 Finals.

Posted by: LAKER TRUTH | June 07, 2010 at 07:11 PM

TRUTH - for a second opinion, one of the referees of the Game 2 2008 and of the Game 2 2010 it is Ken Maurer

tx 4 the video

all of u should go and give props for that video

dj855,

You are wrong. Are you always this negative?
---------------------------------------------------------

DON'T KNOW HOW THE NBA MADE THE CELTICS APPEAR YOUNGER, QUICKER AND BETTER IN A MATTER OF JUST DAYS, BUT KUDOS.
MTI312

It's too bad the big lineup never worked out. Kobe on Rondo, LO on Ray Allen would really be nice. We'd alter shots at every position. LO is my man and I could not be any more disappointed with his play right now. At least Artest missed shots and tried, LO took 3 shots last game. I really think he needs a coach that works with just him. Maybe Magic or somebody needs to step in. LO cannot play like this if the Lakers plan on winning the whole thing. Bynum is due for a let down (fingers crossed) and when I hear people say Sasha should guard Ray Allen I get nervous. That is NOT an option. This is the finals. We get one crack at this. Shorten the rotation, it's time to play heavy minutes guys. Bynum played 39 minutes last game. That means Kobe, Pau, and everybody else should play 39 minutes. No getting cold, no losing you rhythm, play!

And for Phil I want to add this. You got schooled in 08'. Outcoached, I don't care how many rings you got. That being said, you got the better team this year. Artest, Bynum, better Gasol this time around- it's time to go to work. Release the hounds. Stop messing around with this team. Go for the jugular. Get off of your butt and coach. You want 12 mil, act like it. Prove to the world why your the best coach of all time. The game is chess not checkers.

The Lakers in trouble?? I heard that before during OkC series when the series were 2-2, I heard that too during the Western Conf. Finals when the series were 2-2 and game 5 played at Phoenix...you know what happened then right?

Derek Fisher spent more time bumping INTO screens and trying to sell his flops than chasing Allen. that is his way of deflecting that he can't guard anyone.

the real game in this series is between the 2 backcourts on defense:

PP-ray-rondo vs. Kobe ron - fish.

and because of fish we r losing the battle.

he can't even chase Ray. and with rondo is as embarrassing as that play against the Suns when Dragici froze him as a highway cone. the play made al the sportscenter and top 10 plays of the playoffs on all the video sites.

ron can slow down PP
Kobe can slow down Rondo and the Celtics offense will be out of rhythm
Kobe can chase Ray.

but what can Fisher do to you???????????

or Shannon (i always thought is a little "slow" just hearing his interview, but on the court defense wise he is always in the NO MAN'S LAND. doubling Perkins? r u kidding me?

Farmar?

Don Corleone

Posted by: Don Corleone | June 07, 2010 at 09:41 PM

How did it work out for you?

Don Corleone

r u mumbling again? u say what????????

go play with your nephew in the garden before you have a heath attack.

dj855:

You whimper: This series is just too much like 1984. The team losing game 3 with the series tied 1-1 since the 2-3-2 format has lost every series, 10 for 10. If the Lakers lose game 3, it's over.

Response:

What's the matter with you? Is this what you've become, a Hollywood finocchio who cries like a woman? "Oh, If the Lakers lose game 3, it's over?" What is that nonsense?

Whats the matter you. You look terrible. I want you to eat, I want you to rest well. And a week from now this bean town slimy green leprechaun gonna give you what you want, a title. Now be a man and stop crying.

mti312,

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a sick feeling about this. Number are just numbers, but in a 7 game series between two evenly match teams, you can't just give one game away like that.

The Lakers needed to play perfectly for 48 minutes and they had a 12 minute lapse. About 7 minutes was when Allen was going nuts and PJ didn't respond. You call a time out, tell the player guarding Allen to NEVER leave him no matter what.

Also, when Artest was driving in for those silly contested lay-ups in the 1st period, PJ should have called a time out and yelled at him. He should NEVER be driving in for a lay-up. He should be out in the perimeter so that when their bigs get double teamed or when Kobe drives and is double teamed they can kick out to him for an open 3, which he can make if he's left completely alone for 1-2 seconds. He misses a lot of those too, but it's much better than him driving in and getting swatted and the Celtics going on a fast break the other way.

Another reason to worry is that when the Celtics are playing at home, they're going to get away with many HARD fouls that aren't going to get called at all for a foul. In fact, the entire Celtics defense scheme is to foul on every play knowing that they're only going to get called for about 50% of them.

Like that foul that Celtics fans complained about when Glen Davis essentially body slammed Gasol while blocking his shot, those won't be called. It's clearly a foul. Also, if you look at the replays, he gets him on the arm too, but Celtics fans leave that out. If it's ok to sumo belly slam an opponent, then Davis could do that on every play and nothing will be called and no one will ever make a shot.

Game 3 does not matter. L's in 7. Don't be shoked if L's go down 3-2.

Posted by: dj855 | June 07, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Quit crying!!! How many times do I have to tell that there is no crying in basketball. Now take your beatdown like a man.

DJ855

Your should be Eeyore. I am not worried. This is only a game. I don't have money invested on the Lakers. Leave the concern to the Lakers owners and their associates.
And why is it always the Lakers? Are the Celtics really that much better? The Celtics are just as worried. They dont have a Kobe and 2 7 footers on their team.
Lighten up!
---------------------------------------
mti312

Excuses Excuses,

It's Celtics fans who were complaining that wasn't a foul. So you don't even know what you're talking about, unless you're telling Celtics fans to quit crying, in which case you're right. They were the ones crying about that foul. Like they do on every single foul called on them during the game. Like how they needed David Stern to save them after Perkins picked up this 7th T. Pathetic!

mti312,

I think the teams are evenly matched, but game 2 was a must win and the Lakers don't even know it. Now they HAVE to win 2/3 in Boston. That's the series right there. They have to win 2/3 on an opponent's home court. I hope I'm wrong, but many of the Lakers fans have the same concern.

dj855,

do you have a life? LOL. You are taking this game way too seriously. Are you a part owner of the Lakers? Did you bet the mortgage on the Lakers?
Holy crap. I'm done with you, chicken little.
======================================

mti312

Jamie- I think "A Few Good Men' was a good call. I'm still working on it, I'm trying to find something that addresses both the great physical and emotional performance on Doc River's part and the somewhat less heroic lack of attention to the actual rules involved. Maybe something from Groucho Marx?

There not winning 2 out of 3 in Boston.

Posted by: dj855 | June 07, 2010 at 10:01 PM

After you wipe away the tears please read your post. Did I or a Celtic fan write it? Now quit crying. There is no crying in basketball. Save your tears, youll have plenty to cry about later.

excuses excuses and all other pathetic celtic trolls..

go tell your pathetic team to STOP FLOPPIN.. they're like a freakin synchronized FLOPPING TEAM.. stand up and play like real men you COWARDS... as for your B**TCH QUEEN MOTHER OF ALL FLOPPERS PAULA.. she's so scared of artest she spends more time on the ground crying for a foul than on her feet.

Listen up I have arranged a meeting with the Irish Mob heads, James "Whitey" Bulgar, James "Buddy" McLean and Edward "Punchy" McLaughlin tomorrow 9AM. I am gonna make them an offer to ask the refs to go easy on the Lakers. Times are tough, so all business now conducted via video conferencing.

excuses excuses and all other pathetic celtic trolls..

Posted by: yellofever | June 07, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Who won?

Excuses Excuses:

You need to let go off anger, angst and other reasons that makes you visit the blog and needle others and get a rise out of it. It is a sign of a weak and a sick mind and perhaps telling us that you need go seek some mental help. How bout cleansing your mind, take a load off of your disturbed mind and call it a night.

Lakers can't go in with too much emotion. They have to bee even keeled the whole game. If they can do this, and just keep on trucking along, they have a bit more of chance of winning tomorrow. I think we'll win tomorrow. Knock on wood .

Lakers fans

Don't feed the Leprechauns or they just wil convert to TROLLS, if they are not already. They can even be worst than Gremlins.

They are scared because are gona loose three in a row.

Peltics fans, remeber that if you are under 13 you may read (many of you dosen't know how to), but you may not participate

Hello losers! how does it feel to get spank? don't worry... this is going to be CELTICs in 5!!!

maybe if you let Lamar Odom kick that Kobe guy's butt for shooting too much Lakers might get a win (NOT!!!!).

maybe if Artest would stop kissing Kobe's butt they may get a win (NOT!!!).

maybe if Gasol stop crying like a baby and asking Kobe's permission to shoot they may get a win (NOT!!!)

Lastly, that guy Fisher needs to stop selling his stupid flops... 'coz it's NOT FUNNY and he looks like a moron begging the refs (ha ha ha) they may get a win (NOT!!!).

Hello to all my fans!

Let's go CELTIC's

Hey Phil Jackson... keep running your mouth because the refs are actually in your payroll!

I have a few $$$$'s... so if you dang so-called die hard Lakers want to put where your mouth is... come and get it CELTICS ALL THE WAY!!!

Hello Fellow Patriots of Laker Nation!

I just got back from a going-away party for me by my Akronian friends from my gangster bar.

It was a little surreal. I had to break up three fights. People were crying in my arms and begging me not to leave.

I must have had half a dozen people murmur in my ear as a I gave them a hug, "I'm glad you're getting out."

I had a girl trembling and crying in my arms who has horrible taste in men say to me, "I just want to live a normal life!"

It was sad. It was a long psychological ride home to the Beverly Hills of Ohio, Hudson.

I'm not sure why I'm sharing this, even though I am most likely the most personally open person in this blogmunity.

We're all not as lucky as the next. A lot of people truly feel the truth that life is unfair. I guess a lesson to learn from all of this is that we all are given opportunities and a key to success is recognizing them and commiting to them... fully.

Our players are blessed. In different ways, but they are blessed.

Some of them, like Ron Artest, come from true hardship, but they all are blessed. And I'm not talking about money. I'm not talking about fame. I'm talking about they have been given the opportunity to compete under RELATIVELY fair rules to be their BEST.

Most people don't have that opportunity.

The VAST majority of people don't have that opportunity.

We can complain about the refs and Darth Stern (BOTH SUCK!), but generally speaking things that these evildoers do are much kinder than what actually happens on the streets of human life in environments of scarcity.

OUR team is on the precipice (sp?) of Greatness here, playing against a team that does not embrace the same qualities of human values that we do.

OUR team needs to embrace with every aspect of their mind, body, and spirit the importance of the opportunity LIFE has given them in this moment, for in doing so they give HOPE to those who lose sight of the minor opportunities they squander in their day-to-day moments.

This truly is not just a game. It is something Greater... and I mean that with every fiber of my being.

Winning matters.

Winning right matters much, much more.

What do we play for? RINGS!!!!

GO LAKERS!!!!

Jackson - 47-1

Let's win this.

Come on guys. Commit to glory.

My best friend in Ohio just made selections for Green Berets.

I spent two years training with this guy in his barn, often in 15 degree weather while his heard of alpacas moaned beneath us as we punched bags.

This guy is committed and I have ultimate respect for him.

He is risking his life for a $45,000 salary so he can explore what it means to be his BEST. He is risking is life for peanuts so that he can explore what it means to address true adversity and overcome it.

I expect our millionaire players who are superior to the Septics to learn a lesson from my friend and commit with everything they have.

They have been given a very special blessing as human beings. Squandering it is an insult to themselves, to God, and to those who would explore great joy in sharing in their VICTORY.

WIN. Simply win.

It is what we are called to do given the opportunity.

Let's do this.

What do we play for? RINGS!!!!

GO LAKERS!!!!

About one poll question (Disappointment of Lakers' (one Lakers') play):

Lakers not getting ball enough inside
Failure to stop Ray Allen
Failure to stop Rajon Rondo
Fourth-quarter meltdown

Lamar Odom's ineffectiveness play is the biggest disappointment. The above four points are also related to Lady Lamar's poor play. He needs to fight back, but he won't or at least he hasn't yet. I still remember in a pre-season game against Denver, Kenyon Martin grabbed Lamar and shoved him around like nothing. Lamar showed wanting no part against Martin, eventhough Martin was asking for a fight-back. Against the Suns in the playoffs, Stoudemire called Lamar weak, when he said Lamar was lucky. After saying this a game later, Stoudemire knocked Lamar down fouling him. Nothing wrong with a hard foul, and nothing wrong with what Stoudemire did right after that when he stood over Lamar looking down at Lamar like "what you going do about that?" What was wrong, was that Lamar just looked away and went about his normal business. Actually, Lamar's normal business (points, rebounds, assists) is normally good, BUT sometimes you have to stand up and fight back. And I have never seen him REALLY face-to-face fight back in all his times as a Lakers. I don't mean he needs to punch someone in the face (this would be positive for him to do this, but only in a regular-season game) but at least get in someone else's face and say "Go F yourself!" But don't bring this attitude to a ref (like Rasheed), you need to bring it against another player calling out your manhood.

Speaking of ref's, I thought last year's officiating was bad. Damn, I wish ref's could just follow the adage that if you don't see a foul, don't call a foul. They're calling fouls because they "think" a foul happened. I'm sure the ref's are either just following the league's upper management's orders on calling fouls up the ying-yang OR the ref (and there definitely are some ref's - you could ask Tim Duncan) wants to make an impact on the outcome of the game he's reffing (sad yea).

Tarugo-

Will you be here tommorrow posting comments after the Celtics lose?

HOW IMPORTANT IS THE NEXT GAME?

• In the 2-3-2 series format (since 1985), when the NBA Finals is tied 1-1, the winner of Game 3 has gone on to win the series on all 10 occasions.

• How important is Game 3 of the NBA Finals? In NBA Finals history, the series has been tied 1-1 on 32 occasions. The Game 3 winner has gone on to win 28 of those 32 series (87.5 percent).

After 2 games, the next matchups will be:

Guards matchups.

Kobe vs. Rondo, Allen and Pierce (sometimes Allen)

Power forward matchups

Pau vs. Garnett, Wallace, Davis

Center matchups

Bynum vs. Perkins, if Bynum not healthy, Pau vs. all celtics bigs.

You can see where is the problem in this Finals????

Te real problem is that Lakers is a "2 Team players" and the Celtics is a "7-8 Team players".

Kobe and Pau vs. Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Perkins, Rasheed, T. Allen and N. Robinson. 2 Players vs. 8 players. This for me is not a battle, is a massacre.

The rest of the lakers roster is pure garbage: Odom (8 points and 10 faults in 2 games, buffff) Artest (1-10 last game, buff) and Farmar, Vujacic, Walton, Mbenga, Powell and Morrison, for me, no real Players. He cant play.

Bynum can produce well, but if healthy, and this is another big laker problem.

Sorry guys, but in my opinion, Lakers cant win this series b/c is a worst team. Celtics is better team and more depth (the end of the Celtics bench is productive while Lakers had no bench, simply like that)

Lakers needs a combo Pau/Kobe 35 p. each other every game, and that, in this finals is impossible. You can see last game: Pau 25/8 and Kobe 21/4 and Lakers losse. Lakers can win b/c is a worst team with a absolute garbage roster. No depth, no enoug players ready to produce and players that cant play one simple minute (Mbenga, Vujacic, Morrison, Powell, Walton, Farmar and Morrison)

Lakers = 2 superstars and nothing more.
Celtics = 1 real team with 4 stars and 3 very good players.

OK, let me get this straight. Phil Jackson coached teams are 47-0 if they win the first game of a playoff series. In the 2-3-2 series format (since 1985), when the NBA Finals is tied 1-1, the winner of Game 3 has gone on to win the series on all 10 occasions. I'm no rocket scientist but don't these two rules equate to the Lakers winning both Game 3 and the series?

Just asking. Is it game time yet?

Ricky... you forgot glenn davis in that rotation off the bench.lmao' and in all actualality all teams get bad calls in the finals,and also get calls that help them,so qiut bitchin' people,it goes both ways.true fans and by that i don't mean so called fans that jump on the bandwagon of teams that are winning championships,but honest to god ,been a fan of a team thru good and bad and sticks with that team for life,but any true fan of the sport should never say that any team SUCKS!!! that is in the championship game or series,to say that you are showing just how much of a non sports fan you are and how much of an idiot it makes you look like.in reality these two teams that are playing are very good maybe even great,but to say kobe sucks,pau sucks,pierce sucks garnet sucks,rondo sucks...is a stupid assinine statement,so man up you lakers and celtics fans and enjoy the games and let the spoils go to the teams that wins,because they earned it.and before some of you less intelligent so called fans say something,i have been a fan of basketball and the celtics since 1980,so there goes your bandwagon theory out the door lol.enjoy the rest of the series guys and dolls...

LAKERS WILL WIN GAME 3.

This Laker Team is not 2008 Laker Team.

As good as Allen played Game 2, Lakers had all the chance to win the game. Kobe played 3 quarters less. Lakers had the chance still.

LAKERS WILL WIN THIS SERIES.

LAKERS ALL DAY!!!

Jungle what??????

Kobe loves the Jungle.

LAKERS ALL DAY!!!

Fakers complaining about the refs? What a joke. Fakers got way more fts than the Celtics.

I guess it's the refs fault Ray Allen spanked the fakers with a record setting 8 3pointers. LOL.

fisher is a flopper, and princess kobe is a crybaby rapist.

Celtics in 5.

PAULA PIERCE SAYING "AIN'T COMING BACK TO LA."

Sure, because Lakers will win this 4-1.

LAKERS ALL DAY!!!

Ray Allen can NOT duplicate his performance in Game 2, ever, in this series.

Celtics are going down.

WE GOT THIS.

LAKERS ALL DAY!!!

Boston fans,

Call me whatever you want. But, I guarantee you, LAKERS GOT THIS. This ain't your year.

THIS IS OUR YEAR.

I HATE THE CELTICS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30YearsCeltics,

I´am a Spaniard as Pau Gasol. I want a Laker victory for sure, but I have any problem with Celtics like the best team. That is the reallity. Lakers had only 2 players to win this championship and Celtics 7. This is for me the big difference between the 2 teams. Lakers not sucks, is the other finalist in this Finals, but Celtics had better team, more depth, more players to produce. Lakers cant win with Lamar Odom scoring 8 p. in 2 games, or R. Artest making a unnaceptable 1-10 last game. Impossible.

I hope game 3 is a real game. The officials took Ray Allen out of game 1 and Kobe (who had 2 real fouls and 3 bad calls) out of game 3. Maybe, just for a novelty, the officials could let the two teams involved decide this thing and let both teams have their best scorers. The first two games were badly officiated, both ways. I want to see Lakers and C's go at it.

The Celtics sent 5 guys to the defensive glass in game 2 to take away the Lakers' second chances and to jump start the Celtics' offense with some transition chances. That was the difference. And Rondo and Allen played very well, of course. But the key for the Lakers is simply to box out the Celtic guards on the offensive glass and let the Laker bigs do their thing.

You knew the Celtics would not go down easy. They don't always play great at home though. The Lakers have seen what Boston has to do to beat them They can make some adjustments and come out and execute and beat them. I the zebras let Kobe play, Lakers take game 3.

Hi fellow Laker bloggers!!!

Tarugo was a nasty hater from the early days and was totally banned by K Bros.
I know this because I stood up to him and his likes in the early day before posts were regulated.

I remember I put him in his place by telling what his handle 'Tarugo' translated in other languages!!

1. tarugo
male penis (Pilipino, street language)

2. tarugo

Tagalog) The tip or "head" of a circumsized penis. In English, this is known as the "dickhead" or "German Helmet".
Contrary to common usage, it does not refer to the entire penis.

3. tarugo
Spanish slang for stupid, slow, or idiot
como estas tan tarugo!
why are you an idiot!

Enjoy!!!

Aaaaaarrrrrhhhhh!!!

Angry_Laker

All these Green Trolls should just stay away and STFU.

Despite the Lakers arrogance, and poor play they were still close to winning the game. So the Celtics shouldn't be opening their mouths, they might lose their teeth.

Maybe Kobe should get his 6th Technical that way the REFS won't call him or another one til game 6. If Perkins runs his mouth he deserves the next one. But wait they are going to be careful with that cause they don't want to decide the series. They already have.

Bynum is going to take someone down, i can see it and i can smell it. That or one of the Celtics is going to lay on the floor for a very long time.

BREAKING NEWS!!! This series is over!!!!! Just like Paul Pierce said "we ain't coming back to LA"!
Fist off , who wants to go to los angeles and breath all that polluted air instead of staying in the best big city in america?
And second , the Cs will sweep the 3 home games coming up and wil close out this thing in 5.
"Ugly sister" will be heard tonight around the TD garden...for more details tonight at 9pm on abc...
LEST'S GO CELTS!!!!!!

Wow, you so-called know it all faker fans, sound like fans from Moose Jaw Idaho. Ya lost game two to a better team, get over it! The refs didn't have to guard Rondo (they would have done a better job than your guards) Phillip (I'm never wrong) Jackson didn't call for a timeout when your fakers desperatly needed one. I'm not going to mention Dum- Dum or is that ODUM. Pau played over his head and that ain't gonna happen in beantown. Bynum is just happy to be playing anywhere, he doesn't know any better. Fish should be out...well fishing, maybe he could catch something; but it won't be named Rondo. The former artist known as Artest hasn't got a clue he thinks he still plays for the rockets, and his mind has been left in Houston. I'm not going to mention your bench because If you can't say something nice........ All in all fake fans, it's going to be a classic series, but here's a word of advice from the east coast home of 17 World Championships in basketball, don't mortgage your home betting on the fakers or you will be homeless.

*Ray Allen can NOT duplicate his performance in Game 2, ever, in this series.

In two of the last three games (game 6, 2008, game 2, 2010) in the finals vs the Lakers Ray Allen has set or tied the NBA record for most 3 pointers in a game. It is unlikely that he will hit 8 threes again but the recent history shows he certainly can duplicate his performance. The Lakers should consider getting a hand up on him.

Laker fans be realistic the Lakers have a real problem guarding the Celtic frontcourt, Kobe and Fisher are too old and slow to hang with Rondo and neither of them can get through the screens well enough to chase Allen. If Kobe switches to Allen the chasing and bumping on the screens will definitely affect him on the offensive end of the court while at the same time Rondo will be wreaking havoc on Fisher. No amount of flopping from Fisher can save him in these matchups.

*Ray Allen can NOT duplicate his performance in Game 2, ever, in this series. In two of the last three games (game 6, 2008, game2, 2010) in the finals vs the Lakers Ray Allen has set or tied the NBA record for most 3 pointers in a game. It is unlikely that he will hit 8 threes again but the recent history shows he certainly can duplicate his performance. HUH? Where is the logic in your post? It will never ,ever happen again but he can certainly duplicate his performance. No wonder the fakers are in BIG trouble, they think like you do!

Paul Pierce: "We Ain't coming back to LA" 2010
Clyde Drexler: "We ain't coming back to Detroit" 1990

The ORIGINAL Troll Returns!!!
That would be Tarugo. Now if Steven comes back...

This blog will look DRASTICALLY different tomorrow

I can't wait

Tim-4-Show

great memory. r u keeping a troll roll? LOL

less than 12 hours till starts!

Forget the game 3 nonsense. Cleveland, who had the best record in the league, one their game 3 and was up 2-1...and ended up losing the series. Yes, the Lakers need to win this game, but lets not put extra pressure on our selves. Things are stressful enough as it is.

That will be enough. Tonight we take it back and never look back.

Refs made Allen shoot 8 3-pters (8-11) .. not 8-20 like Kobe the closer does.. 8-11 okay!

Refs made Rondo Jack Kobe and kobe body him out of bounds for 5th personal .. can't remember if it was 5th.. but refs made rondo make that steal.. right! that was 3rd quarter 6:03 mark.. watch it again..

Refs made Rondo jack Kobe again at the end.. Kobe the closer looses handle as commentator put it.. watch it again.. so jordanesque..

Refs made Big Baby rip 3 offensive in one sequence from Pau and Bynum ..like Twinkies.. though Celtics scored nothing on that possession it wore down your bigs .. next possession twinky munching Baby scores..

Refs made the kobe the closer charge into Big Baby for 5th.. right?

Refs made lil nate score a three and then tim steal again.. right?

Refs did call two fouls on big baby and pierce .. for clean blocks.. Bynum was embarressed by Big Baby .. 6'9 blocking 7 plus footer.. embarrassing..

I admit Lakers embarressed Celtics in Game 1 .. their ego shattered.. me included.. I thought Lakers would destroy and take it in 4 .. but Celtics have adjusted.. Lakers swatted the ball 17 times in Game 2 .. This Swatting actually cost you the game.. Rondo figured out that he can get you hanging in the air and just a lil bake-n-shake.. or a lil fake .. lol how appropriate .. fake the fakers.. and bynum gasol odom up in air.. for easy layups to a buddy.. plus all dat swatting wore u out .. no legs in 4rth..

These leprechauns are getting worse by minutes. If the blog continues like this we will have to call leprechauns haunters.

Abie Frogman: I think the problem is yourse because is real sad to come here just to LEPRECHAUN arround.

Those guys are real pathetic like KG & PP

*** Paul Pierce: "We Ain't coming back to LA" 2010 ***
SO SAY WE ALL!!!
LET IT BE SAID, LET IT BE WRITTEN LET IT BE DONE!!!
LAKERS IN 5 COMING RIGHT UP!!

Lakers in 5 or Lakers done in 5 ?

I would like to think couple things are going Celtics way-
- Allen is shooting well
- Rondo is attacking and wearing out anyone who is guarding him
- Big Baby is consistently attacking the paint and everything else.. thinking Lakers are twinkies
- Bench is doing well

Now if Pierce can show up just a lil bit it might be Lakers in 6.. if he can join the party with Allen .. then it looks like Lakers in 7.. Rondo Allen duplicating this kind of effort then .. it looks like Lakers in 8 .. ops I guess thats next season for u ..

Another thing to note .. is that the crowd + Lakers loosing any bit of that Front Court presence then .. u could get done urself in 5..

Pierce is probably working on some Houdini.. like that wheelchair.. i would love to see him give those Inglewood Fakes.. sucker u into fouls.. scartch and claw their way to 18 .

I'll see you guys later tonight.

The infestation is worse than ever. It will be cleared out tonight so we can all chat tomorrow

This is going to be SWEET...

Good morning Laker Nation. Let's show some solidarity today. Let's overcome our anxieties. Let's declare ourselves. We all know that Game 3 is a pivotal game. The Universe is just an empty void until we fill it with Laker Pride. Send our team the positive Energy to rebound and regain the Momentum. Fill every possible space around you with Purple & Gold. Answer today's Roll Call and participate in tonight's Victory. Go Lakers!

***** PAULA TOLD A JOKE
I heard a funny joke the other day, Paula the Skank said she’s” Not coming back to LA”
On this one thing with Paula I agree, Cause at the GAHDEN the Lakers gonna win all 3
Paula why put such a saying out there, You need to trade your Wheel for a Rocking Chair
You must have senility that is hard to treat, If you think 3 games in a row The Lakers you can beat.
Your time came and now it’s gone, Can’t you see King Kobe sits on the NBA Throne
The only throne you ever again will sit, is that piece of a wheelchair that aint worth SPIT!
After the Lakers get finish with you and your Crue’ The only thing left for you to do
Is take your one title and please go away, Cause you’ll soon be an afterthought in the NBA
Follow your team and go into your cave, Don’t come out for a couple of decades
You won 2 years ago it’s true, We’re the Current Champion Lakes who the Hell R U

@RICK FRIEDMAN,Yes sir! I'm filling every space around me with Purple and Gold as I type." The universe is an empty void until we fill it with Laker Pride" Do I have to say it...OUT FREAKIN STANDING SIR!!!
MAMBA24

The Celtics did what they had to do. Tonight, "have to" is wearin' a Laker jersey. That will be enough. Tonight we take it back and never look back. Posted by: VMan | June 08, 2010 at 06:47 AM
OOOOOH WEEEEEEE!! PREACH VMAN PREACH!!!

-Some random laker fan

I had to quote that because LOL, get your freakin facts straight. FIRST of all, the OKC thunder are NOT the boston celtics, thats why they couldnt win a single game on the lakers home floor, similar to all other teams this postseason.. somehow the celtics did that though huh? SECOND, damn stupid laker fan right here says it was 2-2 going back to pheonix and to look how that series ended uhhh no it was actually 2-2 going back to LA. Get your facts right is a disgrace to fans everywhere when you talk but dont know what it is that your talking ABOUT.

i dont know if its something about this blog, i feel like a lot of you are desperate so maybe its why you say things like the celtics dont live by the same human values as the laker team.. i mean thats just a low blow and completely inaccurate. Really lame to insult the celtics as people, many of them are standup guys, on the court all people can be fiery, and if you arent rooting for them maybe they seem mean, or dirty, but off the court everyone on the celtics is just a regular person like you or me, stop hating. I mean nobody on the celtics was accused of rape, so please stop pretending your team is all high and mighty. Just root for your team, trash talk is cool but insulting them as people when you have no evidence to support it.. lame

Mamba24, put me on your Lakers bandwagon!! From 1999 to present............. Lakers...Finals 7 times, 4 CHAMPIONSHIPS and about to make it 5. Celtic's...Finals 2 times, 1 Championship. Need I say more as to who is SUPERIOR. Laker FAITHFUL...Don't feed the trolls, cause when we win tonite they won't be on here anyway. Lakers in 6

Angry Laker Fan. You made me bust out laughing about your meaning for Tarugo. Spit went flying all over the place.

I like the way laker fans keep digging back to OKC Orphanage and Los Sonitas (orange skirt wearing pom pom chicks) memories and comparin dem to ugly monsters , rondo the theif, and wheelchair Houdini .. Even doc can drain a three on u...

Keep reliving ur glory days wid okc And choir boys of Aridzona .. Sign says Welcome to Boston... ur bigs will be buried under the big dig .. Enjoy da 3 games

@Phred

Thanks man. Some other new tandem (tatto and Mr. Rangoon or something) also said I had a "Good imagination and I should come live with (them)"

Not too sure where they live, but I don't do snow 'cept to visit it.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's GO Laker nation, I'm talkin' fired up households, yellin' at the TV, gettin' ornery, will the team to win.

A victory tonight regaisn the home court advantage we all craved when we saw we had a chance at it. Well, we had it and frittered it away like some sort of...fritter.

Well I'm ready to chomp on a gooey purple and gold filled jelly roll, y'all! I'm ready to see some dominant inside play from Bynum (!!!) and Gasol.

Welcome to the NBA Finals, Andrew Bynum, we knew you had it in ya, but we need to keep looking in the late minutes. Kobe keep playing GREAT basketball, you too, Fish. Ron, just keep playing, at this point I look at you like a wheel of infinite pain and pleasure. Spin it and see what comes up. But I know you'll bring the heart.

Lamar Odom, that buzzing sound is you alarm clock. Awake up, ground hog, awake! Your shadow is waiting for you to see it and start hitting some shots. Rebound and defned, the scoring will come.

Ooooo, let's smack a bully in the mouth tonight! Just saw 'Kick-Ass' last night and it is pretty dang awesome. One of the best movies I'd seen in awhile. We need to play with Hit Girl-like intensity, team.

Let's get one, and then let's get another on the parquet-lite floor.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!

Reminder: Rondo jacks Kobe at 6:03 mark in 3rd quarter .. No highlight reel carrying that .. Kobe the closer lol .. So Jordandanesque ..

Call me garde snAke .. I m a fake .. Tonight I m gonna call u BAMBi 24

Artest lays in a shot at the buzzer to barely beat the Suns, and later admits "I didn't know why everybody on the Fakers was jumping around". Yeah, his head is screwed on tight. Look, nation of Doom; you ain't gonna win in 6 and neither are we. It'll go seven but not because of the refs, but because of the players. We are your daddy, so do what daddy says and take your whuppin with no back talk. Kids nowadays, "they just don't listen". I'll be on the east coast responding win or lose, but even you fakes have to admit you're scared to lose this game because if you do; it's OVA! Be afraid, Be very afraid, you've had as much success in beantown as the Chicago Cubs have had making the world series. You might have won the finals more times in the last six or seven NBA finals, but how many of those finals were against the CELTICS? We OWN You!

You might have won the finals more times in the last six or seven NBA finals, but how many of those finals were against the CELTICS? We OWN You! Posted by: Banner18 | June 08, 2010 at 08:00 AM
It would have been pretty hard for any of them to have been against the Celtics since your team was mired in obscurity and didn't make it to the Finals. Come on Banner18, Don't win one title go away for two decades and then complain cause The Lakers never played you.

You have to wonder what drives a human being to join a conversation where they know their opinion will simply inflame others. Color that impulse dark. And the type of person voicing those opinions?--a very negative human being.

And beneath it, the psychology is insecure. They are latching onto moments lived out in the world by others as measures of achievement for themselves.

Get a life, Celtic rooters.

Surprise yourselves and grow a positive soul. If you want to do other humans a good turn, go contribute your opinions to the Celtic blog, where everyone can enjoy their moment (lived through others our in the world).

And how about stop trying to bait people with your dark impulses and stop showing us all your deep-seated insecurities.

It is not only unseemly--you are actually embarrassing yourselves.

Prepost

Geez it's like Troll patrol in here. Have you ever seen it so bad Larry?

Game day baby!

Justa- come out now, time to man up(so to speak)!

Ouchhhhhhy, I said all along Rondo was key to the Celtics I also pointed out that he's a great rebounding guard. I'm glad to see you've come over to my way of thinking, there is hope for you. A little clue though, Rondo isn't part of the Celtics frontline, he's a guard, maybe you ought to send your hero a note asking him to block Rondo out on occasion. Or is that beneath him?

Also Ouchhhhy quit blaming the Refs, that's what losers always do.

I'm not sure what you're saying about Garnott, are you saying he's having a great series?

ouchhhy you write in that james joyce stream of consciounous style which makes it hard to understand what you're saying i always thought Ulysses was a tough read did i finish I can't really understand you sometimes quit being a dill hole

Posted by: Mark G | June 08, 2010 at 08:14 AM

Tsk tsk sensei .. We r not as sensitive as u in the east coast.. Actually we r not sensitive at all .. Like lakers we have no feminine side ..

Celtics I think maybe sensing something since we r talkin about about .. Paul is thinking dat he ain't coming back to la ..

1 2 | »