Lakers Nation: The scene outside Staples Center for Game 6

Lakers1

Outside Staples Center, Game 6 between the Lakers and Celtics is about to begin — and fans from both sides are already talking.

For some, it won't be for long. Tony Santini of Los Angeles and his friend Scott Pedersen of Oregon (by way of Boston) walked towards the arena together despite Santini's Lakers shirt and Pedersen's Celtics jersey.

"The game hasn't started yet," Santini said.

With the Celtics leading three-two in the series, this game could mark an NBA Championship or it could send the series to a final game.

Most Lakers fans expect that Game 7.

"The Lakers are going to win," said Ed Marrow, who lives in San Diego but has owned Lakers season tickets since 1971.

Morrow wasn't the only confident Laker fan. Jonathan Miller said Los Angeles will pull out the series based on the play of its reserves.

"Game six and seven," he said. "I think they'll take both. Whoever has the best bench usually wins in this series."

But that wasn't the case in Game 5, where every Laker not named Kobe Bryant struggled for 48 minutes.

Bryant went off for 19 points in the third quarter and finished with 38 in Sunday's 92-86 loss.

Mohammad Traore, dressed for the World Cup, said Bryant needs more help from the starters if his team is to win.

"Right now I feel like it's the Celtics against Kobe, and that's not right," he said.

We'll be outside talking to fans throughout the game and we want to hear from you as well. Leave a comment or send us an e-mail to [email protected] and we'll highlight the best on the blog.

The game's starting. Let's keep talking.

-- Laura Myers and DeAntae Prince

Top photo: Elmo likes the Lakers too. Credit: Laura Myers, Los Angeles Times

HEADLINE: EDWIN GUECO'S WIFE AND MOM ENJOYED MY TARUGO.

Thank you Lord for the blessings you gave to us on Tuesday, June 15th.
First half by 20, not sighting of Perkins and Rasheed one technical to go before getting the suspension.

Uneducated Tarugo is still here. Keep it on tarugo, your feces posting is a lucky charm to the purple and gold. Wherever you go, you are a hopeless Tarugo and still could not get it. Typical Celtic leprechauns kind of thinking.

Halftime fakers up by 20 blowing the celts out. Final score will be 103-97 Celtics/Fakers. Whose afraid? We have a tomorrow fakers, you don't! We can talk smack about another game if we lose ,if you lose; You can't!

Mess with the Lakers and Perkins and (Rondo) will get SMACK. My homies Bynum and Artest gat Kobe's back. Who is soft now Celtic fans?

131-92, Red etc.
I have only two words for all you Celtic Trolls

SIXTY SEVEN

67 SIXTY-SEVEN 67
The glory years!

This is the way to beat Boston give them the teaste of their own medicine. When they miss push the ball down their throats and on offense get into the paint. Never doubt the heart of a champion.

Now don't get mad Laker family

But I think it was a blessing in disguise that Fisher got into early foul trouble.

It allowed the Shannon, Farmar, and Sasha, the opportunity to get minutes and contribute in a different way than what Fisher brings.

I hate to see a guy get injured. But it does give some creedence to the Lakers palying with One Leg Bynum. I guess the thing that comes to mind is, "How do YOU like playing without your big man?" Reminds me of us in 2008. Hmmmmmmmmm. Good luck in game 7 with no big man Boston.

whowwwwwwwwwww

how low can it BE?????????

Who's the soft now?

is that the lowest in Finals HISTORY?????????????

'You Ever' I agree with your assessment especially with farmar because all series he tried to attack Boston in the paint but never got sufficient time. Another thing is that Fisher is stable but slow. With Farmar they are able to run the ball more and thats what LA need against a great defensive team like Boston transition baskets and not just half court offense. But I hope LA players celebrate this come back win for 10 minutes and get ready for game 7 and come with the same energy and ball distribution.

PAGING CAPTAIN JACK. KEVIN TULLEY, TARUGO & 131-92, PLEASE REPORT BACK TO THE DR. Phil's CLINIC ASAP.

We are concerned and want you to check into the clinic as soon as you get this message. In the meantime please take your meds!!

Nurse Ratched

Ron Artest and Lamar Odom redeem themselves

One more game like that and you are champions

Lamar on NBA TV right now

You Ever Notice

I AGREE WITH YOU

WITH FISH ON THE BENCH, THE LAKERS HAD FLOWWWWWWWWW

with Fish back, the TEAM had a BAD carburator

Fantastic win, great effort all around. I have thought all along the bench could be a deciding factor in this series. Can't ask for much more than this as a fan -- other than a win in Game 7 of course!

GO LAKERS! Always believe!

Tarugo looks so tiny and shriveled up

Back to back !

thanks Island Priest and my apologies for the other night

just 67 ... love it
131-92 eat your heart out

Nurse Ratched

thanks Island Priest and my apologies for the other night

just 67 ... love it
131-92 eat your heart out

Posted by: You Ever Notice | June 15, 2010 at 09:20 PM

Very original.

BTW Its tied at 3.

Dear Trolls,

So how does it feel to have your team's biggest guy go down with a knee injury? Ironically battling with another one-knee Big. Aww shats, I'll bet he isn't man enough to tough it out like Drew who by the way outscored all four of your sorry @ss team's bigs.

Bynum - 2
Perk + Wacksheed + Big Fatty + Mr Candace Parker - ZERO

would've rather seen him taken out of the series with a tech instead of that misfortune, but nonetheless, for all those dirty scowls and hacks he's done in the past... TAKE THAT!!!

I see the clowns tom and ouchhhhh are back
and in every defeat.

Today more than ever I am convinced that this ring
will be for the lakers.

I do not think we're going to shoot worse than today
I do not think that the celtics will shoot better than today
and we have only lost by 6 points!!

This ring will be for the lakers
Stern will have their 7 games and play dirty Celtics shall be punished in the next two games is a matter of karma.

TODAY MORE THAN EVER
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAKERS
IS THE TIME TO BE WITH THE LAKERS

Two games for the glory anyone who believes in defeat
we have another team in town for you!!!!!!!
Fucking fake trolls and clowns lakers fans outta here!!!!!!!!
Posted by: hiltontown | June 13, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Nurse Ratched

Posted by: Nurse Ratched | June 15, 2010 at 09:21 PM

Im here nurse. What you got?

I love how NONE of the Lakers showed up the Celtics with any "primal scowls" like Nate Rob, Sheed, Big Baby, and Pierce did in game 4.

hiltontown

u r a moron

You Ever everything cool man we all were upset with how LA loss game 5. But like Rudy said, "Never doubt the heart of a champion"!! On Thursday LA needs to play fast sometimes, rebound the ball , control Rondo and Pierce. Later guys the Priest is out like a thief in the night.

WOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOO
YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!
GAME 7 BABY YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

131-92:

Glad the meds are working, just making sure you take em every 4 hours. Captain Jack is back at the clinic in a empty room wearing a white jacket with long sleeve for his own safety.

Man, Lakers play sooooo much better at home.

And with their backs against the wall

I LOVE YOU LAKERS!!!

131-92:

Posted by: Nurse Ratched | June 15, 2010 at 09:33 PM

Talk to Captain Jack about Captain Jack. Not interested in talking about him. You got something to say to me ... say it. Or wait for Captain Jack.

131-92

No giving up a 27 point lead tonight, yes it's not 2008 anymore.

To all sports fans, may Thursdy nights game 7, be called the greatest ever in the history of the NBA and may the best team win.

HOLD CELEBRATIONS UNTIL THURSDAY, ONE MORE WIN TO GO!!

131-92:

aaah feeling a bit fiesty aye? Please take your meds as well.

Now it is time to take a chain saw to the zombie that is the Boston Celtics. On Thursday that zombie will try to rise again, cigar smoldering in the night-bowler perched just so. We have to do a Peter Jackson 'Dead Again' number on this team on Thursday, we have to kick #### for the Lord, as it were.
Phil's Pa, a Preacher, just might understand.
I wouldn't be surprised for Doc to try a blitz with a small line up with Nate, Tony Allen, Pierce, Garnett and Marquis Daniels. I am assuming that Ray Allen will continue to struggle and not be too effective on defense. Sheed could be switched for Garnet. Unorthodox, but Daniels hit a shot there and Doc might just throw the kitchen sink if their starting 5 offense struggles early. That's why I think of this team as zombie, or zombie like. Or mob zombie like.
It's zombie killin' time.

131-92

Posted by: just 67 ?! | June 15, 2010 at 09:35 PM

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Thank You.

I'm not celebrating yet, but I am enjoying the beat down by our boys. I need to google this. Any team ever been held to 67 points in a Game 6 finals? Dang, that's NASTY!

ABC execs having big O's right now. I hate walking in their hallways tomorrow. Those floors are going to be sticky.

131-92:

aaah feeling a bit fiesty aye? Please take your meds as well.

Posted by: Nurse Ratched | June 15, 2010 at 09:37 PM

Not at all. Im not like bandwagon Laker fan!

LAKERS IS THE BEST RUN ORGANIZATION IN ALL SPORTS, A CLASS ACT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

just can't bring myself to say the same about the Celtics, as coach Riley noted, Celts are known for cunningness and are secretive...just thinking about it gives me the creeeps!

Laker Nation, I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma and I can only come to one obvious conclusion...

WITH EVERY MILE THAT I APPROACH LOS ANGELES, THE POWER OF THE LAKERS MIGHTENS!!!!

THE POWER OF THE LUCKY BARSTOOL IS NOTHING BEFORE THE POWER OF THE LUCKY JON K.!!!!

I'M COMIN' HOME TO CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Lakeraholic levels of enthusiasm aside, we played great tonight, the Celtics never got a rhythm and our home court was just that... OUR HOME COURT!

Did I mention that Phil Jackson is 47-0 when winning the first game of a series and Doc Rivers is 1-19 in closing out a series on the road? Did I mention that?

If I hadn't mentioned that, I thought I'd mention that NOW!!!!

This is obviously a historic series and we need to gird down, focus, and prepare for bloodlust.

If we wanted an opportunity for Greatness, boy do we have it.

I can't wait.

131-92:

me nither, never have been a bandwagoner just an independant free wheelin fan as Bob Dylan would say!!

131-92:

Posted by: Nurse Ratched | June 15, 2010 at 09:43 PM

Wonderful. And?

You Ever Notice,

"No giving up a 27 point lead tonight, yes it's not 2008 anymore."

No, it is not.

It is different this time.

131-92:

And please take your meds!!

131-92

ask Doc if 67 is flattering.
and some of those were in garbage time.

more LIKE UNDER 60.

stay flattered.

BY FAR KOBE'S BEST GAME AND A GREAT LEADERSHIP FROM HIM...

How sweet it is ,to be able to win it in the city of Los Angeles !!!!

Hey,celDICK fans,try saying it in a spanish accent.That's right, Los Angeles .....Man is that smooth,with a shot of tequila to get ready for the celebration!!!

All of the players most assuredly made a hard fought and valiant effort to ensure that their respective teams would emerge victorious in this particular game.

jON k..GOOD TO SEE YOU ARE SAFE IN YOUR TRAVEL BACK TO LA

I have to admit, I am feeling very GOOD about game 7! Bynum rested and his minutes protected. Boston minus 1 very large man. Lakers on a roll and feelin it. AND, last but not least, every time I have seen this Lakers team with a close out game they have responded.

I dunno, if I'm a Celtic, I'm preparing for the worst.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!

131-92:

And please take your meds!!

Posted by: Nurse Ratched | June 15, 2010 at 09:47 PM

Anyways. You are boring me. I thought you had something to say.

Ill go take me meds nurse.

HAHAHAH BOSTON reporter asked how Kobe feels about facing "dominant" Boston team in game 7, what a cunning kniving reporter..

Safe Journey Jon K.

I dunno, if I'm a Celtic, I'm preparing for the worst. Posted by: JohnnyV | June 15, 2010 at 09:50 PM
I dunno, if I'm a Laker, I'm preparing for a parade.

67 is the NEW 131-92

C'mon Nurse Ratched. Your schtick is getting old.

Jamie Sweet,

"It only takes one zombie to eat your brain, then you're a zombie. You have to kill every single zombie.
It's zombie killin' time."

Agreed.

I think the metaphor is apt.

Perhaps these clips could compliment it...

C'mon Nurse Ratched. Your schtick is getting old.

Posted by: mti312 | June 15, 2010 at 09:54 PM

Hey mti312-

We didnt show up tonite. You kicked our ass!

As I said, we went into Game 6 retaining home court advantage. It's relevant, it's significant, and here we are at Game FREAKING 7, with the ball in our court!

One last battle! One last push for victory!

The Chicago Bulls held the Utah Jazz to 54 points, the lowest one-team total since the invention of the 24-second shot clock in 1954. The number left mouths agape, even in this age of reduced offense. Fifty-four points? By a championship-caliber team? In an entire game?

Rats! I knew we should have played our starters longer. That record was within our grasp. 31 points in the first half? I dunno, a whoopin is a whoopin is a whoopin. They know where they got it and they know who gave it to em.

Come on back on Thursday Boston. "We Gotta Lotta Mo"

131-92:

I have lot to say but nothing really to share with you. I can understand why someone in your shoes would be feeling bored so take two and tomorrow is a brand new day.

This is now a one game series. We can talk about momentum and all, but it's a one game series... in Los Angeles.

My God, the crowd at Staples better be composed of nothing but Mamba24 and Laker Tom clones for Game Seven.

This is a big deal.

notice the pathetic trolls disappear like vapor. where are you kevin tlly, eric wright, green bald head lunatic etc etc. Pathetic.

131-92, why don't you rename yourself "67," bud? that was an epically weak performance? Let me guess, the refs, right?

131-92:

Posted by: Nurse Ratched | June 15, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Great. Does that mean you wont talk to me anymore?

I hope it does.

131-92

I'm so confused by this series. LOL. Every game is unpredictable.
May the best team win.

I'm out!

SOME BOSTON FANS SEEM TO THINK THEIR TEAM WAS NO SHOW, CONTRARY TO THIER BELIEF, BOSTON ACTUALLY SHOWED UP BUT LAKERS TOOK IT TO THEM AND KOBE THE BEST PLAYER was the catalyst in rare form!!

Posted by: dwntwn atty | June 15, 2010 at 10:01 PM

What do you mean? Im here.

No refs ... Im not like Laker fan.

dwntwn atty,

"notice the pathetic trolls disappear like vapor."

I do notice.

These people are horrible individuals who only enjoy bringing discomfort to others. They're scum... and even worse that than, they're cowards.

What do we play for? RINGS!!!!

67 it is! how sweet!

Posted by: FAR SIDE | June 15, 2010 at 10:04 PM

MEMO TO FAR SIDE ... THATS WHAT NOT SHOWING UP MEANS!

131-92,

At least you have the guts to take your well-deserved scourging.

That's awfully manly of you, unlike the other scum.

GO LAKERS!!!!

Doc Rivers really likes to hear himself talking in post game sessions

BTW Its tied at 3.

Posted by: 131-92 | June 15, 2010 at 09:23 PM
HAHAHAHAAA.....STOP, PLZ...HAHAHAHA....

131-92,

At least you have the guts to take your well-deserved scourging.

That's awfully manly of you, unlike the other scum.

GO LAKERS!!!!

Posted by: Jon K. | June 15, 2010 at 10:08 PM

If I dish it out ... I gotta be able to take it too!

131, you may have Mamba 24's respect but you don't have mine. Anyone who comes in here with a signature of our 39 point beat down in 2008 is asking for trouble. No way no how you ever become an alright guy in my book.

You remind me of that Rat Ph*ck that comes in here with the signature of DFish and rags on and on and on about how DFish sucks. You stunk before this year (though you are trying hard to reform now that your boys look to be in trouble) and you will stink in the future.

You sucked before, and you always will suck.

I AM THINKING OF MY NEW HANDLE 92-131

You sucked before, and you always will suck.

Posted by: JohnnyV | June 15, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Did it ever occur to you that Im not looking for your respect. That I dont give a rats ass about your respect?

Did that ever enter your mind?

131, not sure it matters what you think, just sayin

131, not sure it matters what you think, just sayin

Posted by: JohnnyV | June 15, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Now you know! Just saying!

131 props for showing up

lets hope both teams show up for an epic final

Now you know! Just saying!
Posted by: 131-92 | June 15, 2010 at 10:19 PM

One of those "Last Word Guys" I love it! LOL. You Rat Ph*CK.

131 props for showing up

lets hope both teams show up for an epic final

Posted by: You Ever Notice | June 15, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Lets hope so!

Jon K.

You wrote abot 131-92: "That's awfully manly of you, unlike the other scum."

Response:

NO, it has nothing to do with 131-92's manliness but more to do with his Loneliness.

Now you know! Just saying!
Posted by: 131-92 | June 15, 2010 at 10:19 PM

One of those "Last Word Guys" I love it! LOL. You Rat Ph*CK.

Posted by: JohnnyV | June 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Looks like you too.

I got to go to sleep. I've got another 11 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow.

This is my fifth cross country drive and I would recommend the experience to anyone. We live in a beautiful, wonderful country filled with admirable, decent, strange, and horrible individuals.

It's what America is.

And its a good thing to know.

Anyhow, after approximately 15,000 posts to this blog since its inception, driving home to a Championship parade would be a good end to the story.

An EXCELLENT end to the story.

The RIGHT end to the story.

Good night, Laker Nation. Sleep well.

I will.

It all comes down to one final game Thursday...

There's really nothing more to say.

The greatness of a man comes when you are down but able to get up and fight. The Greeks called it " more than conqueror! The Lakers did not just won tonight, they conquered their fear! Fear not lose the game but to lose their confidence and respect. Kobe is showing his greatness in this finals, he is the only consistent player for both teams. Trusting his teammates in this crucial game, and when they failed he imposed his will to win just like the other night. They can call him ballhog, but when the chips are down, I will trust this guy....Go Lakers!!!!!

HERE IS AN OLD POST FROM MR HUMBLE PIE AFTER GAME 5;

Kevin-

Just sit back and enjoy Laker fan going at each other's throat.

If they happen to win, youll see how they all come back and say ... "I knew we had this."

Maybe now they realize why I call Run Run ... Dribble Dribble.

LMFAO last nite when the toughest baddest man on the planet resorted to flopping when Rondo barely touched him. I feared he was gonna kick anybodys @ss that had the nerve to mess with the Lakers in the Finals or look at a Laker the wrong way. Wasnt that why you got him? Or was it he outstanding D? Or was it his outside shooting? I know ... his high BK IQ! No, wait it was his free throw shooting in the clutch. LOL ... Reminded me of Vince Carter.

Where is POMPOUS LakerTom? Doesnt write much in defeat. Had the Lakers won he would had write up after written about how he knew it all along. And reposted it every 5 minutes. To make sure everyone read it. Wait for his "Keys to winning game 6" post tomorrow. Its a must read.

Posted by: 131-92 | June 14, 2010 at 01:40 PM

Say Goodnight ochhhhhhhhhhh
Say Goodnight ochhhhhhhhhhh
Say Goodnight ochhhhhhhhhhh

Say goodnight Phunk another troll Mr.Phunk only shows up when lakers lose.lol

NBAChamps L.a Lakers 2010

131-92,
Come on - post under all your multiple personalities. You're not fooling everyone here.

PAGING........ CAPTAIN JACK. KEVIN TULLEY, TARUGO ..131-92.....All u Celtic trolls wont come on when Lakers win.Weak & weaker like dumb&dumber

1 2 | »