Poll questions surrounding Lakers-Suns series

There's nearly a week before the Lakers begin their Western Conference Finals matchup with Phoenix Suns. And between that time period, we'll be providing endless previews, storylines, videos from practice, and of course, enjoying Cleveland and Boston duke it out with each other.

One of the storylines to follow is what fans of the Lakers blog think heading into this series. So to get your morning started, below the jump are a series of polls regarding the series. I'll keep this thread open for a few days and then follow up with an analysis piece based on everyone's votes.

---Mark Medina

Follow the L.A. Times Lakers blog on Twitter. E-mail the Lakers blog at [email protected]

Mamba24,

Red - gotta disagree with you on that one.

There is absolutely NOTHING humble about the Septics.

And I don't mean that in a good way.

I really enjoyed watching the Cavs meltdown yesterday. The Celtics, true blue Laker fan that I am, have earned my respect. I love watching old veteran teams that just know how to win. If they are healthy, Garnett/Pierce/Rondo/Allen are as good as any team out there. They lack depth, and age could be a factor, but with the rest built in to playoff schedules, I would not count them out.

It could be an interesting and tough finals if we get LA/Boston.

[Repost - I thought this would help explain what's going on with LeZero]

{Lakers Secret Agent Jon K. Reporting From DEEP Behind Enemy Lines From The Sullen Gray Wastes Of Northeast Ohio As LeBroniacs Re-enact The Sister/Daughter Scene From "Chinatown" En Masse... Hey Whatever Gets You Through The Night...}

If there is a singular emotion that unites the experience of Ohio, I would define that as "disappointment."

Just yesterday I went on a long bike ride and spring was in verdant bloom. As I rode far from my home, I came upon a good-natured blue collar bar that I have visited and saw a few people I knew smoking outside. "That's how you do it!" One of the older white men said to me.

"I wish I would get off my butt and do that! It's such a beautiful day!"

And then we talked about how the weather here is so crappy that it becomes difficult to take advantage of good weather when it comes, the momentum of bunkering up inside becomes difficult to break.

I said, "You've just got to take advantage of it! Days like this don't come too often."

They agreed and said it wouldn't last and as I rode off, something in me didn't want to believe it. I thought, "Well, Spring is finally here! We'll get more good days like this! Actually, Ohio isn't so bad with all the greenery and flowers. If only we had some mountains and clean water, it would actually be nice."

And then reality stuck.

It froze last night and as I type to you I look out my windows at a cold, dark gray tapestry of wind and wet and foreboding. Ugh.

Anyhow... last night I was perched valiantly upon my lucky barstool watching our Lakers march to dominance. The bar was nearly vacated except for three LeBroniacs who watched the Lakers with trepidation.

"There's nothing stopping them from reaching the Finals," one murmured, his dim light fading.

As the topic invariably turned to the Cavs, the concensus became that there was no way that the Cavs/Celtics series wasn't going seven games and that whoever won probably wasn't going to get past the Magic.

"The Magic are playing like a machine. We're not."

People have ripped on Derek Fisher, but the disappointment people felt about Mo Williams was far more profound. "Nash is better than Rajon Rhondo. Deron Williams is MUCH better than Rajon Rhondo. This guy is putting up Wilt Chamberlain numbers!"

A helplessness fell about the discussion. It was that old familiar Ohio feeling: Impending doom.

After a year of new money smack talk and a culture literally built around a singular personality, that old familiar friend returned to the room wearing a dark gray hooded sackclothe and carrrying a large scythe... impending doom.

"He's leaving," one blurted out.

"I know," said another unblinking as he sipped his beer.

I said, "What do you mean?"

The bartender, arms folded, walked to me almost trembling with cynical, humorous disbelief, "DIDN'T YOU SEE THE PRESS CONFERENCE?"

"No."

"His MVP press conference! He said, 'Wherever my career takes me, Akron will always be my home?"

"REALLY?" I retorted, eyebrows raised.

"Yeah."

For those not interned here, let me express the weight of that phrase.

People talk about the Cleveland-Akron-Canton market as a singular entity, but its culturally really not. Much less so than a Los Angeles-Long Beach-Orange County market.

Akron, itself, is a pretty insular community. It doesn't consider itself to be "Cleveland." It's Akron. And at the bar I work at the large majority of people know two things: Akron and what they see on TV. That's it.

They don't visit Cleveland. They connect with their sports teams, but that's about it.

So that phrase, "Wherever my career takes me, Akron will always be my home," was interpretted by Akronians as the opening line in a "Dear John" letter.

"He wants to hang out with Jay Z," blurted out another LeBroniac.

"He's done," said the bartender with a sneer.

"I know," said the second LeBroniac at the bar.

The bartender almost twitching with anger continued, "You think that he's going to be protected if he goes to New York or Los Angeles like he is here? You think the media is not going to start asking questions about his mom and his kids and all that? His mom's going to return to drugs and end up dead. He's done! He's not going to be able to handle that scrutiny! It's going to tear him apart! He's done!"

A dark, grumbling silence filled the bar and our dark, hooded, scythe weilding friend took a seat at the bar. The bartender silently served him a complimentary beer, as he was a regular. Disappointment had returned to its home as all eyes quietly raised to flat screen TVs triumphing a three-pointer from Derek Fisher.

Outside the rain began to fall.

[Signing out.]

MM and All Lakers United

re: BUTLER the troll

last year i collected a series of BUTLER's posts from AZ paper. besides being an illiterate idiot his Lakers hatred is on his sleeve. so here is the little collection. funny it was exactly just few weeks before the famous SHAQTUS and FUNS never made the PLAYOFFS. IT IS A MUST READ from tip to toe:

LB=leandro barbosa

sorry for the long post but archival and historical material is precious especially when is about "THE PURPLE AND URINE-YELLOW FELLOWS". but that's his level.

-------------------------------------------------------

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 4:33 PM
SUNS DESTROY SUPPOSED "BESTEST" TEAM IN LEAGUE
NO NASH? NO BLACK JESUS? (balck jesus is amare the stud)
FATHER O'NEAL HATH DELIVERED A FIERY SERMON IN THE PURPLE AND ORANGE CHURCH THIS SUN-DAY!

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 4:34 PM
LB MANHANDLES kobey AND KNOCKS OUT HIS TEETH
RAJA GIVES THUMBS UP IN CAROLINA

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 4:38 PM
I didn't like the trade when it happened, but it's hard to imagine THA MATRICKS doing what SHACK did tonight.
Ahhhh.....the pleasurable thought of millions of angelinos feeling miserable on this SUN-DAY.

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 4:57 PM
What I liked most about today: after kobey elbowed J-Rich rather blatantly on a drive, first Barnes and then LB quickly whacked the hell out of kobey.
That's the spirit.
WIN OF THE YEAR SO FAR AND PRECURSOR OF ROUND ONE OF PLAYOFFS!

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 5:51 PM
Coming from you, a man who don't appreciate Little Richard (shame on you!), I am suddenly very optimistic about the SUNS beating the lackers in the playoffs!

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 5:54 PM
kobey could not miss in the 3rd...and then a random elbow knocks kobey out.
game over.

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 7:16 PM
How poetic..Kobe gets nailed with an elbow. I bet there were 100 SG's around the league cheering LB.

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 5:59 PM
Gentry outcoached Jackson, and SHACK outdid kobey.
SHACK got his teammates involved, kobey got himself involved.
That's why SHACK is the MVP of the Finals.

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 7:24 PM

SUNS LURE kobey INTO KILLING HIS OWN TEAM
SUNS KILL THE PURPLE AND URINE-YELLOW FELLOWS

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 7:28 PM

WHAT DO THE lakers AND BARBOSA'S OWN WASTE HAVE IN COMMON?
LEANDRO ELIMINATES BOTH WITH REGULARITY, AND PLEASURE.

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 7:33 PM
SUNS KNOCK OUT kobey's TOOTH
SHACK CHECKS WITH kobey TO ASK HOW HIS (inappropriate term) TASTES
AND STILL THE ROAD TO THE FINALS GOES THRU PHX

BUTLER0007 Mar-02 @ 12:13 AM
Best aspect to this game?
No, not that SHACK still owns kobey in a mental sense.
No, not that so many lacker fans paid Sarver just to watch the lackers lose.

Rather, it's this: laker fans will say "it's only 1 game, we took 3 blah blah" and yet it's the best win of the SUNS' season.
This pivotal game gives the SUNS confidence going forward, taking the last game of the season series,
and planting doubt and extreme fear in the hearts of laker playas.

The fans are absolutely afraid after seeing what SHACK can do to the spindly laker frontcourt.
They are fascinated by SHACK, because he is larger than life, and yet they fear him too.
SHACK attracts the laker fans en masse, as evidenced by the numerous visitors we get here.
They understand what he meant to kobey's career, and now SHACK means to alter kobey's arc yet again.

BUTLER0007 Mar-08 @ 10:08 PM
Good idea, I'll get on it.

If it passes inspection from the most censored web site in the newspaper site world, the la times, that is. You'd think it'd be a free-for-all over there, but maybe they're still paranoid about trolls shouting the R-word.

BUTLER0007 Mar-08 @ 10:20 PM
George Carlin had a bit he used to do, "Why Rape Is Funny." It involved Porky Pig and Elmer Fudd, so he had a point.

But they are extremely sensitive in Los Angeles to such things. The bad part is that the K Brothers (moderators) don't let the censorshit end there. They'll not post your writing if it doesn't meet their homer sensibilities. We've got it good here in AZ where the SUNS have never given the paper anything to feel truly ashamed of, like kobey (whether or not guilty isn't the point, as we know).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for your patience. and you thought that he is a FRIENDLY troll

MM and All Lakers United

re: BUTLER the troll

LB=leandro barbosa

-------------------------------------------------------

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 4:33 PM
SUNS DESTROY SUPPOSED "BESTEST" TEAM IN LEAGUE
NO NASH? NO BLACK JESUS? (balck jesus is amare the stud)

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 4:34 PM
LB MANHANDLES kobey AND KNOCKS OUT HIS TEETH
RAJA GIVES THUMBS UP IN CAROLINA

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 4:38 PM

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 4:57 PM
That's the spirit.
WIN OF THE YEAR SO FAR AND PRECURSOR OF ROUND ONE OF PLAYOFFS!

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 5:51 PM

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 5:54 PM
kobey could not miss in the 3rd...and then a random elbow knocks kobey out.
game over.

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 7:16 PM

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 5:59 PM
Gentry outcoached Jackson, and SHACK outdid kobey.
SHACK got his teammates involved, kobey got himself involved.
That's why SHACK is the MVP of the Finals.

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 7:24 PM

SUNS LURE kobey INTO KILLING HIS OWN TEAM
SUNS KILL THE PURPLE AND URINE-YELLOW FELLOWS

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 7:28 PM

WHAT DO THE lakers AND BARBOSA'S OWN WASTE HAVE IN COMMON?
LEANDRO ELIMINATES BOTH WITH REGULARITY, AND PLEASURE.

BUTLER0007 Mar-01 @ 7:33 PM
SUNS KNOCK OUT kobey's TOOTH
SHACK CHECKS WITH kobey TO ASK HOW HIS (inappropriate term) TASTES
AND STILL THE ROAD TO THE FINALS GOES THRU PHX

BUTLER0007 Mar-02 @ 12:13 AM
Best aspect to this game?
No, not that SHACK still owns kobey in a mental sense.
No, not that so many lacker fans paid Sarver just to watch the lackers lose.

and planting doubt and extreme fear in the hearts of laker playas.

BUTLER0007 Mar-08 @ 10:08 PM
Good idea, I'll get on it.

BUTLER0007 Mar-08 @ 10:20 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for your patience. and you thought that he is a FRIENDLY troll

Men for Two Seasons

The gap between the NBA dual season schedules is widening. The Celtics, the Suns haven't just caught fire, they've been pacing, and, yeah, in some ways the Lakers are in that column as well.

Vegas doesn't thrive on regular season NBA betting... even the players care just so much. The schedule is a brutal marathon. The familiar faces that marketed the Association can't keep up with the daily wear and tear but everyone from ESPN to D STern want them on the promo reel come playoffs.

So it's not surprising to see the NBA's best regular season team and league MVP, get so convincingly beaten down. But it begs the question, watching in January is one thing, but why get emotionally involved with players that aren't?

So lebron thinks Cleveland fans are spoiled. Huh? from what? Oh I forgot, spoiled from lebron being a 2 time MVP, best record in the NBA AND AND 0 rings. If Cleveland fans are spoiled from all that, now I know why I (a Laker fan) act the way I do. How does my mom and wife put up with me?

[Repost - More Explanations]

{Lakers Secret Agent Jon K. Reporting From DEEP Behind Enemy Lines From A Dark Cold Land Where Everyone Is Dying Of Scurvy And All They Can Think Of Is "Do They Have Chicken Wings On Special?"}

Yeah...

I went on a date with a girl tonight and all I can think of is, "I need to get her away from this place. We could drive to California together." Ah, romance.

Anyhow, it was odd watching the game at two bars in Akron. I can only describe the response as numbness. Not despondency. Numbness.

If the same thing had happened in Laker Nation, there would be those among us who would be throwing chairs through windows [Hand raised!], not in Akron. It was stoicism. Almost non-plussed. It was an experience of anti-climax.

I don't know how to put my finger on it except advanced defense mechanisms against the beast of disappointment that comes... it always comes... so one disconnects.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before (I probably have) about the issue with getting blackout drunk here. It's part of the culture. People when they get drunk blackout. I'm not sure if they actually get more drunk than people in California, but when they do, they blackout. Almost everyone (EVERYONE) has a frequent blackout story, and it's almost a code of honor... a humorous story.

Me? My archetypal blackout nightmare is that I'd wake up covered in blood with a Celtics uniform impaled on the wall by Sioux warspear and have my eyes open with the thought of, "Oh my dear God, what have I done?"

Not here!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I asked a woman at my bar upon hearing a multi-hour blackout story from her, "Heather, doesn't that bother you?"

She said, "Not really. I don't really like my life."

It made me feel sad, but it's the way it is. Just another example of the rotting heart of America as we ship our middle class jobs to Third World countries. Eventually it will hit everyone. Just as fashions hit the Coasts first and hit the Midwest 5-10 years later. This is an example of the opposite movement. The core rots first and eventually everyone will feel the same pain.

Sorrowful.

Anyhow, they've developed defense mechanisms to disappointment here. It's what they do. It was almost like it was another day, just a less connected day. Strange.

Well, I've forgot to mention to the blog an open secret in this world... Mike Brown is not the coach of the Cleveland Cavaliars, LeBron James is.

Yes. LeBron James is the REAL coach of the Cavs. I've heard this for two years now.

Brown is something of the defensive coach, but the offensive coach is LeBron James. He has THAT much power.

I've heard this from approximately 30 LeBroniacs including two who actually know LeBron.

I don't know personally, but it seems to be an open secret here: LeBron actually runs the Cavs.

As such, the failure is deeper than one would expect and the complexity of LeBron's personality is more webbed than one might expect--There's a lot going on here... and it comes back to this guy who grew up in the ghetto with no father and is now worth $700 million.

I no longer hate LeBron. I don't. I just dislike him.

I hate the media machine that has christened him the next coming of perfection when he hasn't won anything yet. LeBron is just another over-talented, immature individual with the weight of the world both crushing him and praising him as messiah.

I don't envy him and I don't love him, but I hate the machine that has chosen to use him to make money. It's evil.

The Celtics will win this series.

The Magic will beat the Celtics.

The least thing i want to see in the morning is Red posting 1st. That's a bad way to start a day. My milk is sour now.

Anyway, poor LeBron. We hate him not because who he is, but what Stern wants us to believe he is. In my country we have a saying: "The blame isn't on the pig, but on the one who gives him the food" (i hope i traslated it right).

Lebron is a queen in Stern's chess game. Is important, usefull and can cause a lot of damage in the field, but if he losses her, it doesn't matter, he'll crown another pawn.

Jon K,

Great, but other than that, how did the date go?

I still remember those Smush/Kwame series against the Suns. Those losses hurt.

Time to lay down a good old fashioned beatdown against the Suns.

Tom Daniels,

you wrote: Nash will be Nash - and it won't matter (see my comments from yesterday about point guards and NBA champs). What will matter will be Amare and the role players and the bench. The Lakers have to keep the rest of the Suns in check.

my response: As Nash goes, so go the Suns. When Nash is a playmaker, the
suns win. We have seen this for 4 years.

Slow him down. Knock him down. Put him in a straight jacket.

The least thing i want to see in the morning is Red posting 1st. That's a bad way to start a day. My milk is sour nowPosted by: MrNano | May 12, 2010 at 09:54 AM
I'm sorry Mr. Nano!
We`re just a humble little NBA team, given no chance by anyone, merely living in the moment. Posted by: RED`S LOVE CHILD | May 12, 2010 at 09:31 AM
HEH, HEH, HEH, Red you wouldn't hustle me wwould you? Lol!
Humble, 17 Rings hahahah very funny. By the way a favor please. Don't make MR. Nano above milk so sour. He says it's a bad way yo start the day. I say every day above ground is good.

Says it all...

Finally someone has screamed "The Emperor has no clothes!"

THIS is why Lakers fans hate LeZero so much. The entire world has been seduced by his marketing machine, yet he hasn't won anything except personal awards yet. Not enough.

Posted by: MrNano | May 12, 2010 at 09:54 AM
DAMN MR NANO! you getting deep Bro! and...OUT FREAKIN STANDING!!

sorry for the double posting. it did not show. maybe because too many caps. or just troll stench. Posted by: ouchhhhhhhh | May 12, 2010 at 09:53 AM
When in doubt, TROLL STENCH!

VMan,

I'm smitten. Hopefully I'll see her again in the next day or so. I'm trying to moderate my emotional attachment right now.

Hey, I don't want to jinx it, but I interviewed last night for a project manager position in Los Angeles for a newspaper. If I get the gig, I'll be back in Los Angeles in June. I'm quite nervous about the whole thing, but it sure would be nice to be there for the Championship parade. :)

GO LAKERS!!!!

And, tonight, it is cold and raining outside, and I miss Los Angeles, good food, my friends, and pine for the moment when a girl I have a crush upon will ride at sunrise and see the Rocky Mountains driving West, look into each others' eyes and smile. What do we play for? RINGS!!! Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever. Posted by: Jon K. | May 12, 2010 at 09:53 AM
JON K, THAT WAS A FREAKIN MASTERPIECE!! YOU DONE GOOD SON.

HEY! Why can't I vote for DJ MBenga for MVP of the West Finals?

thanks for your patience. and you thought that he is a FRIENDLY troll Posted by: ouchhhhhhhh | May 12, 2010 at 09:51 AM
Thank you brother my eyes are open I have but one thing to say...THESE ARE THE PLAYOFFS, DEATH TO ALL TROLLLS!!!@!!!!

HEY! Why can't I vote for DJ MBenga for MVP of the West Finals? Posted by: LongTimeLakerFan | May 12, 2010 at 10:09 AM

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

MM
Has Bynum's knee stopped him from jumping? In game 4 it seemed the only time he jumped was during the blocking fury with Gasol in quarter2. Thanks for any response.

Jack

I really wish I could have been in the press room for the LeBron interview last night.I would have asked him, "Hey LeBron, could you show us some of those riverdance moves now?" Posted by: LongTimeLakerFan | May 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM
THAT WAS COLD LONGTIME! ROFLMFAO!!! HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHA!!!!!@!!

HEY EVERYBODY STOP IT!! PRINCESS JIMMY HIMSELF SAID HE ONLY HAD 3 BAD GAMES IN HIS LIFE. Oh the conceit of this pompos fool.

ouchhhhhhhh,
LOL
Are you taking butler seriously???
I missed his delusions, so was good to remember his old self and laugh.

Next rumor in Spain:

Pau Gasol to NYC with Lebron James to reborn a new super dynasty.

Jon K

That was some night, stokin' the fires of passion and an open door back to LA?

Savor the moment, son, I know you will. Thinkin' all positive thoughts 'bout the job.

Next rumor in Spain: Pau Gasol to NYC with Lebron James to reborn a new super dynasty. Posted by: Ricky | May 12, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Another pearl of wisdom from Ricky. We are indeed living in Blessed times

I say every day above ground is good.

Posted by: MAMBA24 | May 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Except if you are a Hobbit XD

Princess Jimmy at her best.

From last night:

Kobe = Leader, LeBron = Figurehead (or as ouchhhhhh put it "Bobblehead")

I say every day above ground is good. Posted by: MAMBA24 | May 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM
Except if you are a Hobbit XD Posted by: MrNano | May 12, 2010 at 10:24
Indeed,Mr Nano, Indeed!

I would very much like to play a game with todos here.

It is caled guess who I am.

A. DFish

B. LA guy

C. Butler

D. estupido

E. All of the above

From last night:Kobe = Leader, LeBron = Figurehead (or as ouchhhhhh put it "Bobblehead") Posted by: teamn | May 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM
LMAO!!!! Yes TEamN! hahahaha

Mamba24, really you scared me.

Butler is certainly still Butler. I can say with some certainty that he's one of the multiposters. He has been before. I suspect he's being nice because he switching between screen names.

His internet personality is really unstable, as he's proven before. Even Jon K, a favorite target of the trolls, is only Jon K. Mamba24 is always Mamba24.

Its too bad....I don't really hate the Suns. Nash happens to be the player I most admire because of the level he's playing, at his age. Of course, the rings matter, not the individual 'rivalries' everyone likes to make with us.

Utah, Sacramento, Portland, Phoenix, all have hate for us with nothing to show for it but maybe a series win, or a 'bad calls' excuse. Those teams seem to mistake 'effort' or 'heart' or 'humbleness' for proven results.

Having said all that, I'll gladly engage the nice Butler. It doesn't matter to me who's being disingenuous, because we're still defending champs.

ricky is the alter-EGO of Rubio: lots of tricks but terrible shots.

If you're a Laker fan, the answer is simple, we get to watch Kobe. And there's one certain thing that even his detractors have to admit... Kobe always cares. -Vman

~~I would transpose his post from from the name Kobe to Vman. If you are a late bloomer in this blog or have been here for quite sometime, you have to read VMan's post. After all he is a blogger of all seasons and playoffs since he start of this blog who I think needs more recognition. A decent blogger who is well-versed in financial contracts of players, contribute something fruitful on life of celebrities, I suspect he is connected with hollywood businesses. I would focus more on the Vman's of the blog and many more humble posters hiding between threads whose posts would be healthier, more substantive about the Lakers than focusing on trash talking trolls, various names and constantly-changing but insult driven posters or the pathetic disrespectful fans hungry for attention.

Let us elevate the quality of this site. If Lakers are quality team and LA Times a quality world newspaper, it should also extend with its fans and bloggers.

David Stern have a masterplan (spanish resources)

Pau Gasol, Lebron and D-Wade to New York. This big city needs a big team.

HAHAHAHAHAA....NICE! The truth is finally here!

Cheers.

Ricky,

>>>Pau Gasol to NYC with Lebron James to reborn a new super dynasty.

Dood. Your imagination (or delusions) are just too small....

How about "BARCELONA ADDED TO THE NBA AND ADDS PAU GASOL AND LeBRON JAMES!!!!!!"

OLE!!!!

I have a "impostor" Ricky in this blog. Wowww

hey estúpido, deja de utilizar mi nombre en vano tonto de los cojones. Escribe en inglés que seguro que lo haces mejor y deja de hacer el gilipollas on the blog, subnormal.

LA Times a quality world newspaper?

maybe it was. now is generated in Chicago! it's all about LOVE and politics

Ricky/Mamba24,

I just ran LeZero's Bio-Chrono reading.

In short...

Physically, he's about attraction (which means he likes attention).

Emotionally, he's about appreciation (which means he likes attention).

Mentally/Socially, he's about knowledge/knowing (which means that he's somewhat intellectually insecure).

Spiritually/Creatively, he's about love (which means that he has a caring side, but has to wrestled with over-sensitivity).

His emotional life (appreciation-orientated people are highly individualistic) and his spiritual life (love-orientated have a strong need to be loved and also love, so to do so they must be self-sacrificing on some level, which is difficult for highly individualist people) are in conflict with one another, creating shifting priorities depending upon varying external stresses. Shaq has this exact same problem... and we all know the issues Shaq has had over his long career.

Here's the thing, though, Ricky stated, "Pau Gasol to NYC with Lebron James to reborn a new super dynasty."

Not going to happen because those with LeBron's mental type (knowledge) are not natural leaders. They do not have that potential to enter into obsessive, domineering control of a group. It's outside them. They make GREAT second in commands (Derek Fisher is this type, and we've seen what a positive impact he has in moderating Kobe's obsessiveness), but they CANNOT be "That Guy".

You know, that guy who is Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, or Michael Jordan.

That guy who smashes all the furniture in his living room after a loss.

That guy who DEMANDS that his teammates win with him.

So, here's the problem... Darth Stern's marketing machine has cristened LeBron as "The King" when he does not have that characteristic as a part of his core natural identity. The best he can naturally be is a natural King's top general or chief lieutenant.

I don't see that happening.

why is everyone so hard on lebron??.....he's your back to back MVP.... he's lead the cavs to the best record for two years straight.... he's the chosen one.... he's gets to say who wears #23 in the league..... this is only his 3rd bad game in his entire professional career.... he overly-spoils his fans with his play..... he's the super-athletic-magic-johnson-type..... he's the most unselfish player in the NBA.... he makes former all-stars (shaq, jamison, mo williams) better..... he's got the largest nike contract.... he's friends with jay-z.... he is the GOAT!!.... he is ENTITLED to a championship, right??..... isn't he supposed to be GIVEN a championship because of these things??.....

BTW, meant to thank EastCoastJessie for the link to that Yahoo article -- absolutely right on the money. I cannot stand LeBron for many reasons, but most of all it is his disrespect to the game, to his teammates, and to the past champions that he has supposedly passed.

xyz,

"why is everyone so hard on lebron??....."

Please reference 100 posts I've written on the subject matter.

Art-Fl Lakers fan sez:
"Do the Lakers-Suns really have a rivalry?"
===============

You'd have to look at the last 5 times these two teams have met in the playoffs. It's a 4-1 SUNS advantage, so if "rivalry" describes a team being owned by another, I'd say no, it's not a rivalry.
Posted by: BUTLER | May 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM
==============

Butler,

If you are going to back 20 yrs why not go back further?
We are 8-4 in playoff match ups vs the Suns, is that what you call the Suns owning the Lakers?

I didn't think winning early round playoff series really creates a rivalry.

I consider playing for the Finals or at least in the WCF needed to create a rivalry.

How many times have the Suns beaten the Lakers in the WCF?
How many times have the Suns even made it to the Finals?
How many rings do they have?

Hint:
1 (lost of course)

Like I said, just a mosquito team, a nuisance until you squash it and move on.

ARE YO0U AFRAID
Who’s afraid of the big bad Nash, Not the Lakers on whom I bet my Cash
Does the thought of Amare elicit fear, Ask the Thrillah he just threw a jeer
Nash is this and Nash is that, But Nash never had on a championship hat
Sure lil Stevie can run & gun, but DFish will leave Stevies head stunned
Amare not a true center you know, By his @zz Pau & the Beast will Blow
Canning Frye does that cause fear, Not even if I drink 24 beers
Leandro Barbosa what is that, The machine will give his but a swat
Jason Richardson with his old@zz, don’t think LO will give him a pass
And Yes we have the great Grant Hill, A Kobe wannabe he is still.
So what the Frak have the Suns got, I think that they have not

>>>I have a "impostor" Ricky in this blog

Well, it ain't me. When I mock people, I do it under my own username. What's more, I don't even know how to get things like tildes or accents on my characters, let alone speak Spanish well enough to use them.

Magia32,

"So lebron thinks Cleveland fans are spoiled."

If waiting 46 years for a Championship means "spoiled", I don't know what "spoiled" means.

In all seriousness, I think LeBron's narcissism is causing him to lose touch with reality as the stress of free agency approaches.

I remember seeing the anguish on Magic's face back in 84 followed by the joy in 85. I can vividly see Jordan scoring 63 against the Celtics ("Jordan is God"), but hating the series loss. As much as I despised Jordan, I understood the tears of joy after that first championship against my beloved Lakers. And, I have seen the joy, the pain, and the redemption in Kobe's face. These guys, their teammates, and other greats we can name, want to win more than anything. None of that shows in LeBron's eyes, on his face, or in his mannerisms. Bizarre. Posted by: teamn | May 12, 2010 at 10:42 AM
DAMN TEAMN, ...That was...OUT FREAKIN STANDING!!
Thanks!

Focused.

Mamba24,

To steal from the master -- "Outstanding, sir!"

Le Brick, Gasol and Wade - r whiners and losers

the NBA Debate Team - each can go one-on-one with it's own referee to debate and question every call

the 3 Musketeers. they will need Stephon Marbury as d'Artagnan. and in that case they will also have to bring over Wallace from Boston.

The best he can naturally be is a natural King's top general or chief lieutenant. So, wherever LeBron goes, he's going to continue to lead as jokester and his team will never gain that killer instinct necessary for a Championship, let alone a Dynasty. LeBron needs to play with someone who doesn't cowtow down to him and, in fact, will be angered by the mere suggestion that LeBron is alpha to him. I don't see that happening. Posted by: Jon K. | May 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Jon K my brother you have out done yourself! ...OUT FREAKIN STANDING!!
And a grateful Blog thanks you for your service.! Lol!

Pau Gasol is a great Leader. He is the Spanish National Team Leader. With Lebron in NY, that will be a great tandem as Kobe-Shaq. Lebron needs a leader, a real champion as teammate (Shaq is not in his prime now). The Teamwork Lebron/Pau will be amazing. Mr. Stern have a great great idea an N.Y.C. needs right now IMAGINATION to rebuilding and win. Pau is the Key and here in Spain will be marvelous that our hero play in the biggest city around the world. New York Nicks is the favorite NBA team in Spain.

@Teamn, OUT FREAKIN STANDING Right back at you sir!

In Ricky's voice..

I no longer dating Pau.. Relationship ruin after I mistake Vick's Vapo-Rub for Vaseline..

xyz,

"why is everyone so hard on lebron??....."

Please reference 100 posts I've written on the subject matter.
Posted by: Jon K. | May 12, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Jon K

r u really so dense? xyz made a total mockery with that list. comprehension problems? maybe you should go back to

abc

WELCOME TO TWILIGHT ZONE where ..............

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone.

Take a case of an unsuspecting Cleveland Cav fan Billy Bob; a man dedicated to his profession and his family; a simple man who with all his dedication and love cheered for his beloved team, the Cleveland Cavs; little did Billy Bob know that this fateful day of May 11, 2010 would forever change his life. The unthinkable that can only happen in Twilight Zone came to be true; before Bill Bob could even gather his thoughts after a massacre at Cleveland center, he was gone, far gone into the world of Twilight Zone.

Marketing is evil. We all are witness to what has done to LeBron from the beginning.

Look at what has done to Christmas!! Buy buy buy, sell sell sell. Coca cola and santa claus... well you know what i mean.

Lebron has no real friends. Is sorrounded with leechers and other parasites, he is a victim, but he doesn't know it, believing that is just success.

He isn't a bad person, but he was raised with twisted values. Shaq is a bad person. He is intelligent -almost brilliant-, and knows how this world works. He never was used -as LeBron-, he always used people -LeBron, etc.-, and when that work relation ends... we all know what he is going to say about the queen. Disposeable people = disposeable packages.

>>>I have a "impostor" Ricky in this blog.
WTF! WAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH MY LORD! AN IMPOSTER RICKY
OH SWEEET JESUS NO!!! HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!!! THERE CAN BE BUT ONE! Accept No Substitute! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! CALLING ALL CARS, CALLING ALL CARS! WE HAVE AN IMPOSTER RICKY ON THE LOOSE. OH THE HUMANITY!!!WAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAHAH!

NEWS FLASH!!!!

Riverdance, Cleveland Style.

Get tickets now before it sells out.

The big cancer is the worst teammate for LeBron right now. Is a concrete lifejacket, helping him sink faster, instead of guiding him. Grima, snaketonge. Posted by: MrNano | May 12, 2010 at 11:00 AM
MR NANO YOU ARE ON A ROLL SIR!!!!

Jon K,

my response: I disagree. Somewhere, out there, Kobe was *not* watching
last night's game. In SoCal, Kobe was in a lather. He was in the gym.
His lungs pump like bellows. His heart beats like a drum. Rage & Need mix
with oxygen to fuel his workout.

Jumpshot #1,000. swish.
Jumpshot #1,001. swish
Jumpshot #1,002. swish

And the beat goes on ...

Rod Serling,

>>>A simple unsuspecting fans like Billy Bob exist in Lakerville, where the
>>>similar fate awaits these fans clamoring for the Celtics. To these fans I send a
>>>warning, be very very very careful of what you ask for.

What we're asking for is a championship. Don't matter if it's the Celtics, the Magic or if that LeCrab gets off his butt and Riverdances his way past the C's and the Magic.

Lakers don't care who the opponent is.

We play for rings, not for who the opponent is.

NEWS FLASH!!!!LeBron is tanking the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals so he can open his new show on BROADWAY!!!!Riverdance, Cleveland Style. Get tickets now before it sells out.Posted by: LongTimeLakerFan | May 12, 2010 at 11:01 AM
*HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHH! STOP IT LONG TIME! STOP IT NOW !!!! WHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAH!
DAMN look at Princess Jimmy go! WAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
ROFLMFAO!! MVP MY @ZZ!!

hobbitmage,

"And the beat goes on ..."

Nice.

A simple unsuspecting fans like Billy Bob exist in Lakerville, where the similar fate awaits these fans clamoring for the Celtics. To these fans I send a warning, be very very very careful of what you ask for. Posted by: Rod Serling | May 12, 2010 at 10:59 AM
AWWWWWWW MOMMMY! I'M SCARED! F@#%^%## The Celtics

WHO ARE WE? ALL TOGETHER !!
We’re the World Champion LA Lakers , we’ve won 15 Rings
10 of the 50 Greatest players played under our wings
We’ve had 3 Lakers Dynasties and now are starting on 4
That’s 2 better than any NBA team ever had before
The best Winning Percentage in History, can’t ask for more
You want Hall of Fame Coaches, Check it, we’ve had four
We got the Finals MVP, By the name of Name Kobe Bryant
He scored more points than an entire team without even trying
He scored 81 points in a game & could have scored more
But Rings not number of points is what he plays for.
We got The Logo Jerry West & First Great center George Mikan
The Legendary Elgin Baylor & Magic Johnson the Icon.
We’ve had all great centers like Shaq, Wilt & of course Kareem
Super guards Worthy, Goodrich & Silk played on the Laker team
Karl Malone & Gary Payton, A glove & Mailman we just leased
A 10 time Title Winning Coach who mastered Zen in the East
Chick Hearn the Legend, Broadcasted our Lakers Games
Now he’s Broadcasting from Heaven & is in the Hall of Fame
We got Sports Winningest & Best Owner, Kudos Dr. Jerry Buss
We play for Rings & Rings only , which is why teams fear us.
That’s just a summary of our Resume, we don’t talk we Do.
We’re The Freaking Champion Lakers, Who the Hell are You

Jon K, you wrote: Somewhere, out there, Kobe Bryant was watching last night's game and his heart did not skip a beat, his blood pressure did not rise, he remained still.

my response: I disagree. Somewhere, out there, Kobe was *not* watching
last night's game. In SoCal, Kobe was in a lather. He was in the gym.
His lungs pump like bellows. His heart beats like a drum. Rage & Need mix
with oxygen to fuel his workout.

Jumpshot #1,000. swish.
Jumpshot #1,001. swish
Jumpshot #1,002. swish

And the beat goes on ...

Posted by: hobbitmage | May 12, 2010 at 11:03 AM
HOBBIT, JON K, I'm going to have to say it...OUT FREAKIN STANDING!!!!

LTLF

will Princess Jimmy arrive in NY for the Riverdance Red Carpet event in his White Rolls Royce?
will he take Snak with HIM?
will Spike Lee be the director of the show?'Beyond-C will be his partner?

who will be the choreographer?

Adding insult to injury...

One of the Lakers' buses backed into Carlos Boozer's wife's SUV at the Arena in Salt Lake City.

LOL.

Thanks for you admiration. I have bad news for you. I have girlfried. You have not chance. osted by: Ricky | May 12, 2010 at 10:31 AM
Ricky you dog you heh, heh, heh! Go on with your bad self, but if I find out that, that was a sneaky way of calling me a Punk...Well Ricky...Son...It will be time for the cult of Ricky to come to an end. Now go on with your bad self Ricky

>>>will Princess Jimmy arrive in NY for the Riverdance Red Carpet event in his
>>>White Rolls Royce?

SHO NUFF

>>>will he take Snak with HIM?

SHO NUFF! SNAQ WILL BE RIVER DANCING AS WELL!!!

>>>will Spike Lee be the director of the show?'Beyond-C will be his partner?

Why do I keep having this vision in my head today?

NBA refs sitting around a table with, The Commish standing behind one of them holding up a bat.

>>>will Princess Jimmy arrive in NY for the Riverdance Red Carpet event in his
>>>White Rolls Royce? SHO NUFF
>>>will he take Snak with HIM? SHO NUFF! SNAQ WILL BE RIVER DANCING AS WELL!!!
>>>will Spike Lee be the director of the show?'Beyond-C will be his partner?
Nope. Spike has better taste than that. Spike shot "Kobe Doin' Work" and "Passing Strange". He'd never stoop to the Riverdance level, even with LeBron in it. Posted by: LongTimeLakerFan | May 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM
LONGTIMELAKERFAN THIS IS FOR YOU:

BE WARNED RICKY THE SPANIARD IS RICK FRIEDMAN OR KB BLITZ BOTH PAU FANS.........

or maybe The King will produce/direct/dance and spoil us with all his qualities. the marquee will be TOO SMALL to add any other name. Posted by: ouchhhhhhhh | May 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM
No stage can contain the King! He's just a Riverdancing fool!

Posted by: Ricky | May 12, 2010 at 10:55 AM

So Riky: you are a NY fan, trapped in Gasol's LA body???

Posted by: Ricky | May 12, 2010 at 10:55 AM

So Riky: you are a NY fan, trapped in Gasol's LA body???

Posted by: MrNano | May 12, 2010 at 11:29 AM

MR NANO! THAT IS GREAT!!!

LADIEEEEEES AND GENTLEMEN (and trolls)

I HAVE AN EXCLUSIVE NEWSFLASH!!!

I know the top secret gimmick of the forthcoming Riverdance, Cleveland Style!

The secret is...

THE RIVER IS ON FIRE!!!!

That's right, LeBron and Shaq in an All-Star review, dancing on fire.

They say Nero fiddled while Rome burned, well LEBRON AND SHAQ WILL DANCE ON FIRE WHILE CLEVELAND BURNS!!!!!

MAMBA24,

In your beautiful roll call pledge of allegiance for Laker Nation, would you please consider including Tex Winters in our list of honor?

Tex is a special dude and a Laker.

Michael T., Kwame's fan, who loves the celtics and cavs.
Ricky, Gasol's fan, who loves NY

Man, you both are really complementary!

I really hope you meet each other. seriously.

LE BRON JAMES DANCING ON THE FLAMING CUYAHOGA!!!!

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!

There are the deluded and deluding. The difference between Mike T. and Ricky is that Mike actually believes the stuff he posts while nobody could truthfully believe the ridiculous junk that Ricky posts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TOM

The only thing that the Keltics (aka Septics per Jon K) are proving is that "We All Witnesses" to the FACT that LeBron is NOT the best player in basketball.

MVPs make their teams better even when they're not able to score and/or are injured.

Let's see: LeBron was healthy in 2007--Couldn't Get It Done in the Finals!

LeBron was healthy in 2008, Couldn't Get It Done in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals!

LeBron was healthy in 2009, Couldn't Get It Done in the Eastern Conference Finals!

LeBron Has A Bruised Elbow (More Like A Bruised Ego) in 2010 & He Ain't Gettin' It Done In the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals!!!! And That's With A Team that Sir "UpChuck" Barkley Calls "The Best Team in Basketball"...

They Added Whaquille O'Neal! They Added Leon Powe! They Added Antwan Jamieson! They Added Jamareo Moon! They Added Parker! They Got Big Z Back!

Hey LeBron! You Love to Dance in Everybody's Faces So Much, Start Makin' Your Plans for "Dancing with the Stars"!!!! Maybe you'll get a "Dancing with the Stars" Championship Ring!!!

How Many Rings Does LeBron Have? What's that you say? How many? Zero? What's that you say, Don't judge him by the number of rings! That's Just Charles "UpChuck" Barkley Speak!

Kobe's got a Bad Knee, Bad Ankle, Bad Back & His Finger May Have Healed, but it's now Arthritic! If he's not scoring, he's facilitating his teammates. If the oppositions shutting down his teammates, he's finding a way to score.

With All The Cavs Talent, The So-Called Best Player in Basketball should be breezing through the playoffs (injury or not).

The Difference Between LeBron James and Kobe Bryant is that, from the neck up, Kobe is the 280 lb monster and LeBron is a 90 lb weakling! And that goes for Melo Too.

Everything they've learned about how to win (and defend), they've learned from Kobe while playing on Team USA together.

They all have the skills, but Kobe's mental aptitude and fortitude is miles above LeBron.

WITNESS THIS: That's Why Kobe is Still the Best Player on this Planet!!!!

Posted by: LongTimeLakerFan | May 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM

And before the end, Shaq will push Lebron to the flames while Rapping

Ricky,

"Pau Gasol is a great Leader. He is the Spanish National Team Leader."

Pau Gasol has the same Bio-Chrono mental process as Derek Fisher and LeBron James. He's the type that excels under the strong leadership of the mental type of someone like Kobe Bryant or Phil Jackson.

He excels when he is A leader, but not THE leader.

Pau's type reaches its potential under a union with a more aggressive mental type. This is why Pau could not take the Grizzlies past the first round of the playoffs, but under the union of Bryant and Jackson plays like a fricken dominating maniac in the playoffs.

Everyone has their role. Without Pau and Derek, Kobe's obsessiveness would devolve into self-destruction.

On a team, every contribution doesn't show up in the stats, but is equally essential.

Phil talks about the Zen of basketball. What he's really talking about is the synergy of basketball. It is something that cannot be perfectly intellectually quantified, but it is something that is absolutely and objectively REAL.

It matters more than anything else.

TEAM.

LTLF, sorry, did you meant they burned the city, or they where burned WITH the city?
Knowing them they started the fire in a safe place.

Please, when today's blog stops being about Ricky could someone send me a notification tweet. I don't have time for all this obsessiveness. There must be like 500 posts in the last 24 hours by or about Ricky or Mike T. I'm not someone who cares about all this silliness.

Ricky,

Don't insult Mamba24.

There's no reason for that. We can disagree, but don't insult a person worthy of respect.

if LBJ goes to NY, they will change the Broadway in a RIVER that will patrolled by only ONE big Gondola. Just for HIM. the Chosen ONE

if they can do that in a poor country like North Korea, one Boulevard JUST for the president, can't they Cry Him A River for the biblical King James?

I know I shouldn't bite, but Pau is signed for 4 more years. He isn't going anywhere. Just who would New York offer us, Clyde Fraizer?

Not to change the subject, is there a subject, ha, ha? Thought it was interesting the other night when Ernie Johnson (I think) ask C-Web if he would change his career numbers for 3 rings (in regards to Rob Horry's career). What would we do if we had Malone or Webber, or Barkley's HOF careers? Would we swap for Big Shot Bob's. Do we value Rings (I think I know Jon K's reply) or numbers (HOF)? Be hard for me to turn down 7 Rings (and probably no HOF career).

This is evidently the ricky and Labron thread.
Is there a Lakers thread around here somewhere?

Hmm, I wonder how the Spanish national team would do if it were part of the NBA.

I wonder how Labron would do if he were to, nah, nevermind, I don't care how Labron does anything.

MarcB, re: Melo & LBJ

they miss the mental fortitude but also the cojones in the lower part.

the head is a prop for the Hair Band.

the body is just a mannequin prop for tattoos.

1 2 | »