« Previous Post |
Lakers Now Home
| Next Post »
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=4067abd325" >Lakers-Nuggets Chat</a>
Follow the L.A. Times Lakers blog on Twitter. E-mail the Lakers blog at email@example.com
The comments to this entry are closed.
END THE HATE DAY! STAND UP FOR YOUR LAKERS - BANDWAGON
(01) RICK FRIEDMAN - OWNER - So, today I propose to end the hating. The Lakers are what they are. Fish is what he is. The same is true for Kobe, Andrew, Pau, Thriller, Lamar, Jordan and Shannon. Just as the team needs to finally come together from today on as a unit, our expectations as fans should be about what we expect from the team. If we want the team to come together, so should we. Maybe that's pollyannish, but so be it. Go Lakers!"
(02) STEPHAN MARTIN – DRIVER You dont want to support Lakers and spell doom, please - find another team to support. Be positive, we're playing a bit lethargic, but they know they can play well, and they'll surely improve.
(03) AZTRONUT - RIDING SHOTGUN - Nice comment, and some nice thoughts to close it out with...but it's a little like demanding the ball on the post in that it depends the cooperation of others to make it happen, and I'm not just talking about the adult's underwear here...Here's to hoping that you get your wish, Cheers!
(04) #4 - All 4 for one and one 4 All.
(05) MAMBA24 - I SAY AYE! And...OUT FREAKIN STANDING RICK FRIEDMAN!
(06) FEARLESS - The The Thuggets are for real. We will win, anyway.
(07) MAGIC PHIL - ToDAY is the day...Today we'll show to the NBA who is the better team. TODAY will be forever. TODAY I'll be there with wife & kid, all wearing purple & gold
(08) BARISULA - You people are going to look extremely stupid in the coming months. Like last year, it takes a career night from the likes of JR Smith and Chauncey Billups to earn a "W" against a fully healthy Lakers squad. That hasn't changed, nor will it ever until the Dallas Mavericks prove otherwise. The Nuggets are not even our biggest concern in the West anymore.
(09) JOLLY RNACHER - faith has been shaken by uninspired play and shaky wins, but the fans here expect perfection and 20 point wins every game. They expect the defense to hold teams under 70 ppg. Perhaps he is too young to remember the years when the Lakers lost more than two games in a row and still took the West. Faith will be restored as the Lakers find their rhythm. It won't be a cake walk, but it will be a team win on Sunday.
(10) Jovbatz-of-the-philippines LA by 10 or more over the Thuggets. LAKERS ALL DAY!
(11) JON K - Every single team in the Western Confernce consider the Lakers a rivalry, as do half the teams in the Eastern Conference.
(12) EDWIN GUECO - Today is a revelation, are these Nuggets real? Kobe has been silent for quite sometime since he got injured, he just let his teammates do the talking. Let the Kobe haters have their day because some parts of his body are not fully well. It is about time to grab the limelight, impose his will and leadership and implement the chemistry that has been lacking for quite sometime
(13) Nemaia Faletogo I don't care if the Nuggets sweep us in the regular season because I still take our Lakers in a seven game series when the stakes are highest, especially if we have homecourt.
(14) VMAN - This should be fun. This is as good as the NBA has right now. GO Lakers
(15) NOP BKKK - Lakers will be fine tomorrow...even a tough game...with a tough team...I believe this team can win and beat Denver...Even tomorrow loss,...it's ok...
(16) MARK G. - I'm all for ending the hate. On Friday I did propose a couple of choruses of Kumbaya if we win this game. Rick F. has already posted the lyrics somewhere. I don't care who takes 30 shots today as long as we win.
(17) JEANETTE - still believe on my Lakers. They may have some issues but these will not be too big for them to ruin their chances to repeat. Next season is another story. Don't even discuss that yet, there is still championship to defend.
February 28, 2010 at 01:12 PM
8 turnovers already. Crap.
And two straight blown fast breaks at the end of the 1st.
They're mostly playing like poop so far.
February 28, 2010 at 01:14 PM
Bynum is playing like a high-school player. He's basically doing EVERYTHING wrong in this game.
February 28, 2010 at 01:23 PM
In the second quarter when Fish was put back in...the Lakers appeared to be playing 4 on 5. Fish had 0 points, 0 assists, 0 rebounds, o steals. And 2 fouls.
But the Lakers did have his veteran leadership...which cannot be quantified !!
Please Mr. Stubborn Zen Master...do everyone a favor and immediately make him an assistant coach and pick up a player from the closest YMCA !!!! Why won't Kupchak talk to Jackson and stop with this nonsense immediately !!!
February 28, 2010 at 02:02 PM
LOOK AT THE HALF TIME STATS folks, the Ref's are simply not calling the fouls on one end of the floor, Over the back's on Kenyon Martin over Pau, Fould committed against Kobe, Fouls against Bynum, against Lamar, Brown and on and on 23 foul shots to 4, that just absurd. There is NO WAY the Lakers can win playing 5 on 8, Bynum was right to get a fine last week. Phil should strap them on and tell the officials what he thinks. And the announcers are worthless on ABC.
February 28, 2010 at 02:05 PM
Fish point blank , uncontested 2 foot shot...brick !!!!!!!!!
February 28, 2010 at 02:19 PM
Kobe's passing too much. That was about an 8 foot shot single covered in the lane he had. Instead he passed to Fish and got a 3 second call on Bynum. SHOOT KOBE SHOOT>
February 28, 2010 at 02:20 PM
BYNUM!!! GET THE HECK OUT OF THE LANE. THAT'S THE 3RD or 4TH 3 SECOND CALL ON SOCKS. STOP PLAYING LIKE A ROOKIE>
February 28, 2010 at 02:23 PM
Please get hot Fish. Please please please.
A few made 3's would really open things up.
February 28, 2010 at 02:28 PM
Well, happy to live another day to see my team play again.
I've just have phone and electric services. I can't acces the chat box, but well, i can follow in other ways.
MrNano (the earthquaked) |
February 28, 2010 at 02:36 PM
MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS.
Heck, the refs are barely calling fouls on Denver. When the Lakers get to the line, they NEED to make em.
February 28, 2010 at 02:38 PM
Please get hot Fish. Please please please.
Posted by: LongTimeLakerFan
Fish hasn't been hot since his house burned down !!!!
February 28, 2010 at 02:43 PM
February 28, 2010 at 02:45 PM
Odom is playing great this half.
February 28, 2010 at 02:48 PM
Bynum is garbage that guy needs to go. Look at how well they have been playing since that slug has been off the court.
Ape the LakerFan |
February 28, 2010 at 02:50 PM
Ron-Ron totally got in Carmelo's head this game. He got Melo to get in a shoving match with him, and eventually fouled him out of the game.
February 28, 2010 at 03:05 PM
LO option #2 and iRon. and obviously kobe trusts them
February 28, 2010 at 03:09 PM
UGLY win. But it's a win.
There were some good signs in this game. Good hard play by Lamar. Extremely good defense by Artest. And the rest of the team was able to make up for a bad shooting night for Kobe.
February 28, 2010 at 03:11 PM
WHAT A GAME!!!!
I'M SOOOOOO VERY HAPPY ABOUT THIS WIN - I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU GUYS.
THANKS TO MM FOR HOSTING - AS ALWAYS - AND THANKS TO ALL THE REGULARS WHO MAKE THE GAME AND CHAT SO MUCH FUN.
SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO MAMBA24 FOR HIS GUEST APPEARANCE.
TROY - YOU'RE HAPPY RIGHT?? COME ON - ADMIT IT!!!
LOL - GREAT WIN - HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!!
February 28, 2010 at 03:12 PM
So now that the C's have fallen off, the Lakers are most effective defense in the league. Lots of guys are contributing, but Ron Artest is the key. The upgrade from Trevor to Ron-Ron on defense is the difference between the 6th best defense last season and the best defense this season.
February 28, 2010 at 03:14 PM
GAME BALL GOES TO ZAIRA & JUSTANOTHERMAMBAFAN, when all around began to doubt - even I, yes I - Their positivity and enthuisiasm pushed us on through. Thank you guys!
February 28, 2010 at 03:14 PM
16 steals by lakers. 6 by artest.
6 blocks by lakers.
February 28, 2010 at 03:15 PM
I just want to say THANK YOU to my Lakers for this amazing emotion.
;) I still just lurking around here to stay quiet in the Kobe bashing campaign that hurts my heart, but I am so grateful for this game tonight, that I wanted to break my silence briefly to manifest my joy.
;) thank you to all in the chat as well ;)
And know I keep read every single comment daily ;)
Much love Laker Family.
Don't ever stop believe.
Trust our amazing guys who can do ALL even playing half a game.
PS: I will break my silence in incoming times. Don't worry. But I don't want to exceed in hate commentaries so I keep myself queit for respect to this place.
February 28, 2010 at 03:18 PM
Another ugly ugly win. Yeah, it's a W and next week we won't remember, but my gosh. Hang on to the !@##$ ball and make good passes!
Of course it also helped Denver that Kobe and Pau couldn't get any love from the refs. The ABC team blamed the difference on Lakers shooting from the outside but it doesn't help to attack if you're going to get hacked with no call.
Anyway, it was painful to watch, but it feels so good now that it's over.
Jolly Rancher |
February 28, 2010 at 03:25 PM
iron is IRON. one can sleep peacefully at night
February 28, 2010 at 03:30 PM
Just came back from a ski trip. I made sure we're home before the games. What a Sunday! Canada won the gold, US played very very good. Lakers won and Kobe did not even have an explosive offensive game. Hats off to Ron Artest. Is it playoff yet? If this is a preview of the WCF then I am not worried or afraid of the Nuggets.
We need to BELIEVE in our Lakers. Like what I always say, a true Laker fan takes the good, the bad and not oftentimes ugly. Now that Lakers won this so called statement game, what's next to over-analyze again? Please stop hating on our Lakers players and coaching staff.
February 28, 2010 at 03:37 PM
Well done Lakers.
The only reason they were down in the first half, 14 turnovers.
Only 3 turnovers 2nd half and it made all the difference.
Who would have bet that Kobe goes 3-17 and Lakers win.
Nugs have got to be hurt that they hold Kobe and still lose.
This was a very nice team win, contributions all around and even the Fish hits some big shots.
This win has got to make everyone feel better about our chances.
Art -FL Laker Fan |
February 28, 2010 at 03:42 PM
While I was watching the game with another Lakers fan (Yes, we are EVERYWHERE!), he noted to me, "Lamar's been playing great since he got married."
I thought about it and he's right. Bascially ever since Lamar shacked up with Khloe Kardashian, he been playing more relaxed and more focused.
When I heard about the engagement, I was horrified, but if his play is any indication of what we should continue to expect from Mr. Odom, then he may have made the best decision of his life.
What do we play for? RINGS!!!!
Lakers Today... Lakers Tomorrow... Lakers Forever.
Jon K. |
February 28, 2010 at 03:53 PM
a win is a win. This game was huge for me. I don't want my cousin to have that 'bragging rights' over who is best in the nba. i tried to wake up at 4:30am to watch this game. Yep, 4:30am in Manila. I was awake 3:30am to catch the game live; i told myself i'd snooze more a bit. Snooze a bit eh! oh yeah, I woke up 6:11am; great scott! barely 8 minutes left in the game; and barely getting internet free feed. Officiating was horrible; 26 FT for denver and 12 for LA. They are at it again. Thanks to Lamar and Ronron's effort; and rest, too!
Kobe got tons of assists; if only he made half of his shots there was no contest.
And Fish? sit him.
February 28, 2010 at 03:54 PM
What is up with all the haters and doubters?
Remember, your enthusiasm and positivity is the heart and soul of this blog.
The blog needs you.
What do we play for? RINGS!!!
Jon K. |
February 28, 2010 at 03:56 PM
You're right about the refs. It was really absurd in the 2nd half. The Lakers were playing 5 on 11...against the 5 Nugs, the 3 blind mice referees and the 3 stooges announcing the game for ABC.
February 28, 2010 at 03:58 PM
i was surprised that for 2 weeks Italy did not have a Gold at the Olympics. and in the last day, RAZZOLI won the Gold in slalom in Big Style. i had a huge smile on my face.
February 28, 2010 at 03:58 PM
The refereeing thing drives me nuts.
Over and over and over again I see the same thing:
In the first half (or quarter), Bynum gets called for multiple ticky-tack fouls, the refs get into his head, he stops playing aggressive and his game and the overall offense suffers tremendously for it.
Bynum has to be aggressive to really play at his best, but, unfortunately, the way these refs keep hassling him makes that a nigh-impossibility.
I don't know what can be done about the situation, but it certainly is frustrating.
Jon K. |
February 28, 2010 at 04:25 PM
Great win. Gusty defense. To quote Andrew Bynum, "Its hard to win when its 5 on 8." I can't believe how many times the nuggets were allowed to push off on offense (especially Melo) and shove under the basket. Justice prevails!
Artest makes all the difference on D. What's with Kobe's shot? His shooting looks worse than when he was hurt. But his assists and defense down the stretch was key.
February 28, 2010 at 04:59 PM
Your database for all things purple and gold.
More Lakers on Bleacher Report »
Mobile Phone (required)
Sign me up for the following lists: