Lakers news: Crickets...
It is a slow morning for news, as the Lakers arrived in New York yesterday ahead of Saturday's scrap with the Nets in Joisey. But just because there isn't much of note beyond what Andy passed along last night doesn't mean we won't send more along this morning. We don't grade the news, we just deliver it.
- Pau Gasol, writes John Hollinger, has been very, very good this season.
- It took a little while, but it seems Kobe Bryant has finally made a true believer out of the LAT's Bill Plaschke.
- Lakers.com gives a small peek into the lives of coaches on off days.
- Hot Rod Hundley says Jerry West's predictions about Kobe were right on the mark.
- Silver Screen and Roll takes a look at Wednesday's win in Milwaukee.
- Around the NBA: The Wizards have been a huge disappointment, and the trade vultures are now starting to circle... Given the economy, there's always a chance Amar'e Stoudamire could stay in Phoenix... Things between Nate Rob and Mike D'Antoni could be getting really ugly, really fast in New York... It's always interesting to hear from (read from) Houston GM Daryl Morey... Rajon Rondo is feeling less pressure after his contract negotiations, and is playing All Star caliber ball... Mario Chalmers seems to have heard the message he was sent by Erik Spoelstra... Jameer Nelson is close to a return in Orlando.
Finally, I don't know who these people are who splice together this stuff, but it's cool. Via FB and G, a video of Pau's work against the Bucks: