New 710 ESPN Lakers PodKast!!!
- Brian and I explain how Ron Artest can add versatility to the Lakers on both sides of the ball and enhance the Lakers' already dominant life in the paint. Terrific as Trevor Ariza played last season, he's not much of a threat in the paint outside of a dunk or a putback. But as we saw on Ring Night, Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom now have another Brother-In-"Post up Opponents To Death"-Arms.
- It would obviously be nice for the Lakers to capitalize on a home-heavy early schedule consisting of largely quite winnable games. But is it crucial? We both say no, save one Northwest based caveat.
- Is a 73-win season attainable? On paper and pure talent... maybe. In reality and "bigger picture perspective"... not likely.
- BK and I talk with ESPN.com's Eric Neel about a team's "repeat" mentality and how competitive these Lakers are. He's also pleased with Artest's play thus far.
- How amused are we by Adrian Wojnarowski's report that Mikhail Prokohrov is seeking a summit with Jay-Z to strategize "LBJ in 2010?" Amused enough that we do bad Russian accents.
- Bo and Luke Duke: Actual hillbillies or merely part of the moonshine industry?
* - Chicken dinners will be high on imagination, low on actual chicken.