Lakers snag O'Brien: The reactions
I offered some thoughts during the game summary. BK relayed Kobe's words at the podium. Here's a buffet of additional thoughts about the Lakers' 99-86, Finals-clinching win over the Orlando Magic.
As one would expects, OODLES of stuff out there. While trying to provide as much as possible, I began a typical post forged through a running narrative and excerpts, but realized the body was growing far too dense for easy viewing. Thus, I started over and switched to a cleaner bullet point layout. I trust people can survive a thread robbed of my brilliant prose.
Anyhoo, here we go...
- Kobe Bryant finally being freed of the "Can he win a title without Shaq?" chatter.
- Kobe development as a leader
- Phil Jackson's legacy
- Adrian Wojnowarski, Yahoo!
- Jonathon Feigen, FoxSports.com
- Gregg Patton, Press-Enterprise
- Ramona Shelbourne, Los Angeles Daily News
- Chris Broussard, ESPN
- A celebration of all the Laker principles involved
- Tex Winter, waiting the title run while recovering from a stroke
- The Magic perspective