710 ESPN Podkast
Looking for some entertainment and excitement this morning? Here's what I would do. Drape your ears with a set of headphones, click on this here link-a-mah-bob, and drink in the sweet sounds of the latest Kamenetzky Brothers 710 ESPN podkast.
Why would the poddy do your body good? Well, for starters, it features a visit from old friend Ronny Turiaf! The popular ex-Laker and current Golden State Warrior talked turkey with his favorite pair of Lakers blogging sibs- I'd like to think it's not going out on too big a limb awarding ourselves this crown- and we touched upon a range of topics including...
- The Lakers' strengths- heading into next round's series against Houston, which kicks off Monday. Our 710 pal John Ireland breaks down the semis, and is predicting Lakers in five.
- The heat his buddy Andrew Bynum is taking over a slow series against Utah, a matchup that didn't play to his strengths. Ronny called out us media types for a lack of patience.
- Details about his Gonzaga running mate Adam Morrison.
- Growing less sentimental each time he faces the Lakers. He's still tight with most of his locker room mates, but you can't dwell on the past. Kinda like reliving over and over the collapse in Game 4 against Boston during 2008 Finals. Doesn't get you anywhere.
- The all-too-serious reasons he doesn't Twitter (Derek Fisher and Luke Walton can relate).
- Ronny getting named Warriors captain after just one season in the bay. At the rate he's going, is "Mayor Turiaf" part of a not-so-distant future? In Ronny's perfect world, yes, and with Fish on board as an assistant. We'd even get to be part of his "sports staff," a cabinet that, quite frankly, sounds kinda made up.
All that, plus a look at the ginormous advantages squandered during the Utah series and reader emails get answered!!! A listen is mandatory, even if your boss threatens a pink slip if you don't get back to work. It's just that awesome!