Concerns for LO?
It's become something of a ritual in Laker Land, a tradition going all the way back to late-2004. Some seasons, we practice it more than others, but you know it's coming? The annual "What's going on with Lamar Odom?" watch. And after a three games with a combined total of 8 points- I actually thought the one bucket performance against Memphis was a low point of an otherwise outstanding game, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder- folks are asking the question again.
Phil Jackson acknowledged sharing said concerns, but also expressed confidence that the southpaw will get out of the rut and back into the groove. The O.C. Register's Jeff Miller wonders if this recent listlessness is simply a reflection of who the guy is, an attribute people need to accept as an inevitable and recurrent given. But at least Laker fans have also been treated to some unexpected developments, namely the strong play of DJ Mbenga off the pine. (Shannon Brown's ridiculous athleticism shouldn't come as a surprise.) The Lakers will need these guys to contribute when asked during an upcoming tough(?) Western Conference roadie.
- Kind of a crappy time to look for big free agent dollars. Should they decide employment overseas might be a better option, here's a primer from Josh Childress.
- It's also a crappy time to be Kenny Thomas in Sacramento.
- Shaun Livingston is playing with the Tulsa 66ers in the D-League.
- It's the umpteenth chapter of the never ending story, "Josh Smith and Mike Woodson don't see eye to eye."
- NBA-wide concern is being expressed for Chuck Daly during his battle with cancer.
- LBJ ain't sweatin' his buddy D-Wade's current lead in the scoring title race.
- As we speak, Sir Charles may be getting prison ink.'"
- Bird words.
- Kevin Durant is dead. Long live Durantula!