Saturday morning cartoons
Or links. They're often easy to confuse.
- T-Minus 24 hours until the Lakers wrap up the roadie in Cleveland. It's not quite the same as a redemptive opportunity in Bean Town, but that doesn't mean the candle ain't still burning at both ends and maybe a little bit along the sides. It remains, as they say, a very big game.
- Folks are flooding Broderick Turner with Q's about D. Fish.
NON SPECIFICALLY LAKER-CENTRIC ITEMS
- As the trade deadline approaches, questions fill the air about who's staying and who's going? Much of the talk centers around the Phoenix Suns, Amare Stoudemire and Shaq. Strange days in the desert as we hit the unhappy one-year anniversary of The Diesel. ESPN's Chad Ford breaks down a few scenarios involving both, including a theoretical Shaq-LO/Mihm/Tacos swap (which is also unnecessary, impractical and, in my opinion, EXTREMELY unlikely to happen, so don't sweat it). Amare- who seems set on the idea that an address change is coming- also pops up in other spots. Could Vinsanity be moving out of Soprano Land? If he's not available for N.O. maybe Tyson Chandler to Chicago?
- Keep an eye on the Blazers and Raef LaFrentz's "super expiring contract."
- Lot of Pistons need to remain focused and ignore the trade talk.
- Injuries aren't the only problem hindering the Rockets. Is the Yao-McGrady-Ron Ron trio ill-matched?
- Congrats to DeShawn and Kendricks! You're tied as "The league's most full of himself!"
- Gerald Wallace says he'll be back after the All-Star break and holds no grudge against Drew.
- Chris Bosh could be out for the All-Star game.
- C-Webb is officially Sacto royalty.