Pins and needles: Waiting for Bynum's results
MRI stands for "magnetic resonance imaging", a fancy-shmancy type of test that allows quacks to check out a person's innards and figure out what's wrong. But for Laker fans, it might as well stand for "massively restless individuals," because the results of Andrew Bynum's test being delayed has extended a fear of the unknown.
The famous knee expert David Altcheck wasn't available to return from Florida on Sunday in enough time to eyeball the film, meaning we won't learn anything until today. Thus, the Lakers are forced to make the best of the situation. Get in the usual practice rigors, then prepare for life without Drew for, at the very least, tonight's game against the Knickerbockers.
On the plus side, this is a situation the Lakers have dealt with and conquered in the past. Lest we forget, the Lakers made it all the way to the Finals with Pau Gasol in the middle
and Lamar Odom at the four. Certainly, hope isn't lost if games are
played with Bynum on the sidelines. But that doesn't change the fact
Drew's absence not only makes the Lakers less formidable, but could change the entire complexion of the Western Conference.
- Has the 2010 free agency sweepstakes just gotten interesting? After declaring the Lakers' title shot dead without Drew, he adds that Chris Bosh informed the Toronto brass he won't resign.
- Michael Curry ain't buying anonymous reports of the Pistons tuning him out.
- Kendrick Perkins is 10K lighter after a hit on Jason Maxiell.
- Josh Howard is anti-change.
- Al Jefferson is the star everyone in Boston thought he'd be upon leaving. For that matter, Ryan Gomes is doing well for himself, too.
- So long as he played well enough to be an All-Star, LaMarcus Aldridge can live without being named one. Take a look at some other big names that have never been tabbed, including one currently donning purple and gold.
- What's Chinese for "Clear out your locker?" Bonzi Wells may know.
- Anthony Randolph's issues with Don Nelson are now affecting B.J. Armstrong.
- Another day, another closed door meeting for the Suns. Along these lines, is it time to ship out Amare?
- Doc, Byron and Nate talk about the coaching transition.